Page 184 of 228 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 5683
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 year old guard from Tennessee.
    Joking aside, he's a high floor, low ceiling smart player who can help a team sooner rather than later.
    Raptors pick, if conveyed or even this is too much for this guy ? Smart player, with high floor and shooting, sounds like something Spurs need.

One of the most well-known college players in the country.
    Well, Tennessee is still in, but game is outside my "office hours" to watch him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors pick, if conveyed or even this is too much for this guy ? Smart player, with high floor and shooting, sounds like something Spurs need.

Well, Tennessee is still in, but game is outside my "office hours" to watch him.
    Knecht with the TOR pick is certainly justified. He's probably going 7-14 in this draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing that Tyler Smith is a very safe pick, though projected more toward the middle of the first rather than the late lotto. Still, he projects to be a guy with good size who plays a position that could use some long-term talent infusion. Be it with the Raptors pick or a mid-first the team acquires through other means, I wouldn't be against bringing him in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in evaluating the "Houston model" in how it might apply to the Spurs, I think we can ignore the exact players. The Spurs are gonna draft "Spursy" guys while the Rockets will draft guys who fit their mold (ballas, don't care about red flags).

Again, not so much advocating for certain players as much as I am trying to find the path forward, because I don't think just sitting and drafting and hoping it works out is the way to go. We need a mix of vets in meaningful roles to help keep this ship going in the right direction.
    This is really about as far as I'd like the Spurs to follow the Rockettes' model on, tbh.

Ignoring red flags and drafting "balla" players bites you in the ass eventually (and , most of this board loathed the most "balla" player we ever drafted in DJM). The Rox's youth has been playing nicely but it's far from results I'd change my drafting philosophy on -- especially when we're far from seeing any tangible results on it.

Those "red flags" like tunnel vision, short wingspan, low IQ, etc. become exponentially more glaring during 7-game series, as the Harden era should've taught Houston.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EDIT: nm, I screwed up on that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DWhite could be a nice overpay candidate. How about 2/70 for Derrick and and 3/58 for Allen?
    You can get to a little less than $37 million in capspace by dumping Graham and Champagnie but only if you dump your picks too. Otherwise take another ~$10 million off say if the Spurs get #3 and the Toronto pick doesn't convey or another $16 million if say the Spurs get #3 and the Toronto pick conveys at #7. So you either have roughly $27 million or roughly $21 million in cap. Personally I'd bring Champagnie back though since it'll cost less than $2 million of capspace for him once you factor in the cap hit for empty roster spots. And this scenario would call for waiving Bassey, which would only save $1.3 million or so of capspace thanks to the cap hit for empty roster spots. So I'd keep those two and have roughly $23 million or roughly $17 million in capspace depending on whether the Toronto pick conveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone here have strong opinions either way on Tidjane Salaun? 6'10", 18-year-old Frenchman with 7'1" wingspan. Can shoot the three.

Saw that game-winning steal and dunk he had to win a game recently, but there isn't a lot of great defensive tape on him. He plays a little bit like Michael Porter Jr.

Right now, I'm more interested in the Spurs gambling on a wing with his length and pro experience than an undersized US-collegiate guard like Dilly or Sheppard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can get to a little less than $37 million in capspace by dumping Graham and Champagnie but only if you dump your picks too. Otherwise take another ~$10 million off say if the Spurs get #3 and the Toronto pick doesn't convey or another $16 million if say the Spurs get #3 and the Toronto pick conveys at #7. So you either have roughly $27 million or roughly $21 million in cap. Personally I'd bring Champagnie back though since it'll cost less than $2 million of capspace for him once you factor in the cap hit for empty roster spots. And this scenario would call for waiving Bassey, which would only save $1.3 million or so of capspace thanks to the cap hit for empty roster spots. So I'd keep those two and have roughly $23 million or roughly $17 million in capspace depending on whether the Toronto pick conveys.
    yeah i think you keep shampenny around. he's cheap. he has underwhelmed as a starter, should be a bench guy, is paid as such, and still could conceivably improve. contract is non guaranteed year to year. and its not like we have a plethora of wings

i wouldnt cut bassey for the cap space, id cut him for the roster spot... if they decide his injury history is just too much, simply think barlow is the better prospect (and are able to strike an agreement), or get somebody else altogether, whether it be drafting sarr or some offseason acquisition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i think you keep shampenny around. he's cheap. he has underwhelmed as a starter, should be a bench guy, is paid as such, and still could conceivably improve. contract is non guaranteed year to year. and its not like we have a plethora of wings

i wouldnt cut bassey for the cap space, id cut him for the roster spot... if they decide his injury history is just too much, simply think barlow is the better prospect (and are able to strike an agreement), or get somebody else altogether, whether it be drafting sarr or some offseason acquisition
    I'd keep Bassey and hopefully trade Zollins at some point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone here have strong opinions either way on Tidjane Salaun? 6'10", 18-year-old Frenchman with 7'1" wingspan. Can shoot the three.

Saw that game-winning steal and dunk he had to win a game recently, but there isn't a lot of great defensive tape on him. He plays a little bit like Michael Porter Jr.

Right now, I'm more interested in the Spurs gambling on a wing with his length and pro experience than an undersized US-collegiate guard like Dilly or Sheppard.
    Salaun feels like the guy you draft who is going to be in that "a year away from being a year away" category. if we werent projected to have so many future draft picks, you could afford to have a guy like that occupy the 15th roster spot or something. but we are already going to have to be churning through the roster over the next few years. cant have a spot earmarked for a guy not expected to be playing on the big league roster. esp when the opportunity cost is a lottery pick.

its already frustrating that we gave a 3 year guaranteed deal to a late 2nd rounder last year in cissoko, whose jumper right now is about as good as a sochan left handed shot. at this point id bet against cissoko actually playing out his current deal, despite the modest salary.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:08 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On macro level I'm curious if Wright is trying to move forward in this offseason with a certain vision for the team. With so many players perceived somewhat equally in the draft there's a lot of potential outcomes and variability. Focus on shooting? Defense? Positional flexibility?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun feels like the guy you draft who is going to be in that "a year away from being a year away" category. if we werent projected to have so many future draft picks, you could afford to have a guy like that occupy the 15th roster spot or something. but we are already going to have to be churning through the roster over the next few years. cant have a spot earmarked for a guy not expected to be playing on the big league roster. esp when the opportunity cost is a lottery pick.

its already frustrating that we gave a 3 year guaranteed deal to a late 2nd rounder last year in cissoko, whose jumper right now is about as good as a sochan left handed shot. at this point id bet against cissoko actually playing out his current deal, despite the modest salary.
    I wouldn't use a high lottery pick on Salaun. Would trade back to get him if the Spurs can't get high enough to score the guy they most want, and maybe grab him along with at least another asset. Depends how the ping pong balls land. I could see lottery teams trying to trade back or trade out because this draft is so full of potential busts and journeymen.

What do you think about Risacher?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On macro level I'm curious if Wright is trying to move forward in this offseason with a certain vision for the team. With so many players perceived somewhat equally in the draft there's a lot of potential outcomes and variability. Focus on shooting? Defense? Positional flexibility?
    All three, please.

But I think positional flexibility should be #1. At least I hope it is, because that affects everything else, especially re: defense and playmaking. Playing Sochan at the point was a tell, even if the experiment didn't work the first time around. Another tell is that the Spurs are #2 in the league in Assists, even in their current miserable form. Hope they keep drafting (and trading) toward that model. No more short guards or tweeners who can't defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade Collins and Champagnie (effectively) for White. If you waive Champagnie and can use some 2nds to dump Collins you are in business cap space wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade Collins and Champagnie (effectively) for White. If you waive Champagnie and can use some 2nds to dump Collins you are in business cap space wise.
    No way you're dumping Collins just with a couple of seconds. Teams that have $17 million of capspace to be able to absorb a trade like that can do way better than Collins with that money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruno Caboclo vibes. Two years away from being two years away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way you're dumping Collins just with a couple of seconds. Teams that have $17 million of capspace to be able to absorb a trade like that can do way better than Collins with that money.
    I don’t think teams view Collins as quite the negative as we do is what I was getting at. I think a team would be happy to get Collins the player and would be extra happy if SA gave them some 2nds to boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't use a high lottery pick on Salaun. Would trade back to get him if the Spurs can't get high enough to score the guy they most want, and maybe grab him along with at least another asset. Depends how the ping pong balls land. I could see lottery teams trying to trade back or trade out because this draft is so full of potential busts and journeymen.

What do you think about Risacher?
    for what its worth (i dont pretend to be an expert, just a guy with an opinion), he's #1 on my board overall. he's about the same age as salaun but looks way more advanced. i dont think he has the superstar potential that people usually look for when selecting at the top of the draft, but we already have our megastar in the making, and risacher just complements everything well. he also flashes some really good passing and is supposed to be a capable defender. has good change of direction skills. but he's going to have to pan out as a plus defender to justify his selection.

only guy i think should be in consideration at #1 besides risacher is Sarr, and im not sold on his fit alongside wembanyama, and thats a much more important question for bigs than perimeter guys

after that i like dillingham and have warmed on castle. topic scares me. low compe ion league. didnt get the chance to prove himself by playing against euroleague compe ion which would have been a much better barometer. his outside shot is poor, though he is an excellent free throw shooter, so maybe signs of life there. defensively he's not good, but he has solid size and reportedly a very long wingspan, so he could learn to get better there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think teams view Collins as quite the negative as we do is what I was getting at. I think a team would be happy to get Collins the player and would be extra happy if SA gave them some 2nds to boot.
    You think a team is going to give up $17 million in capspace for scrub Collins? Do you think Collins is better than an MLE player? I don't see it. Toronto would probably rather pick up their team option on Bruce Brown so that takes them out of it. Utah wouldn't have much use for Collins when they have Walker Kessler and Tyler Hendricks in the backup big roles. Philly is going big game hunting and won't settle for Collins with their capspace. Moritz Wagner is better so don't see Orlando interested. Leaving OKC, Detroit, and Charlotte as the only reasonable destinations to salary dump Collins. Maybe add Indiana if Siakam walks. Though they'd have to value Collins a lot more than MLE players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think a team is going to give up $17 million in capspace for scrub Collins? Do you think Collins is better than an MLE player? I don't see it. Toronto would probably rather pick up their team option on Bruce Brown so that takes them out of it. Utah wouldn't have much use for Collins when they have Walker Kessler and Tyler Hendricks in the backup big roles. Philly is going big game hunting and won't settle for Collins with their capspace. Moritz Wagner is better so don't see Orlando interested. Leaving OKC, Detroit, and Charlotte as the only reasonable destinations to salary dump Collins. Maybe add Indiana if Siakam walks. Though they'd have to value Collins a lot more than MLE players.
    Golden State? 3 team trade where GS gets some size, sends someone to one of the other teams that doesnt need Collins, Spurs get cap space. I think when Collins was playing well (SA giving him that contract) he was definitely an MLE player or more. Not a great season, value is not good, but I dont think hes some toxic troll no teams would want is the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not, Collins Hatred is just the latest obsession of the Big Brains of SpursTalk.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol commenting on the "big brains of ST" when you were 100% certain this team would be competing for a play in spot

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing that Tyler Smith is a very safe pick, though projected more toward the middle of the first rather than the late lotto. Still, he projects to be a guy with good size who plays a position that could use some long-term talent infusion. Be it with the Raptors pick or a mid-first the team acquires through other means, I wouldn't be against bringing him in.
    He definitely gets overlooked, by myself included. He's shooting the 3 in the high 30s which is great. FT looks to be in the 70s, which is more average. I suppose if they don't get TOR pick and want to move up it could be done. The team definitely needs shooting. Not sure about his on ball creation. He's from Texas, which is possibly a good thing if he's close to home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyler Smith is a curious study. Skipped 2 yrs of high school to go pro. He could be in the Rashard Lewis mold if he reaches his potential, or, like most, a bust.
    Anyone have strong opinions on Smith?

Thread Information