Page 221 of 232 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 5788
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During his Ringer interview, Wemby mentioned that he was receiving messages from this year's prospects. I'm sure that this includes the French prospects but I have to wonder if any of the college prospects have reached out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strike while the Iron is HOT - Smart move for him as next years draft is stacked...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During his Ringer interview, Wemby mentioned that he was receiving messages from this year's prospects. I'm sure that this includes the French prospects but I have to wonder if any of the college prospects have reached out.
    I have a feeling Spurs will pick up either Melvin Alinja or Pacome Dadiet in the second round - two international players we can either bring over or stash for a year or two

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have any predictors for when either college shooting guards Or combo guards are able to Successfully transition to point guards in the NBA? I’m looking at the starting point for many of the playoff or play in teams this year and a lot of them seem to have started their career as either combo guards or shooting guards.

Off the top of my head:
    SGA
    Jamal Murray
    Harden/Westbrook
    Beal
    Reaves
    CJ McCollum
    Derrick White
    Donovan Mitc
    Suggs
    Haliburton
    Maxey
    Coby White
    Dejounte

I’ll be the first to admit that I wasn’t grinding tape of most or even all of these guys at the time of their draft, but I do remember all of them having significant concerns about their ability to play the point at the next level when they were drafted. And all of them have successfully transitioned either early in their career like Halliburton or later in the career like CJ. This does suggest that when looking for a point guard, especially in the spurs system, we may be able to overlook a prospect with limited passing vision , as that can most likely develop later. What may be more important than vision is scoring potential and shooting ability as long as the prospect exhibit some flashes of being able to initiate. Even in someone like Malik Monk, Played a shooting guard position in college has improved his passing chops while in the league.

This pertains the most to Reed Sheppard, who I think has a high chance of translating to a point guard at the next level. However, I am more interested in whether a guy like Devin Carter, Who did not really exhibit much creation ability until this year as a senior, would Be able to translate as a point guard at the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would definitely be nice to get out of the Collins deal like Dallas did with Bertans last year.
    dallas moved off of bertans, moved back, and still got Lively. masterclass. they then bought another FRP from sacto for fairly cheap, tho Propser didnt do much as a rook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    difference between sheppard and a lot of those combo guards is he's not blowing by guys off the dribble like maxey, and he's not overwhelming with size like SGA. he's going to have to be a smaller reaves and really adapt to the pick and roll game. at least he can fall back on the shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m afraid Reed might just be a Payton Prichard

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dallas moved off of bertans, moved back, and still got Lively. masterclass. they then bought another FRP from sacto for fairly cheap, tho Propser didnt do much as a rook
    Though with that trade they ended up clearing room to give the Spurs an unprotected 2030 swap to facilitate the failed Grant Williams trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though with that trade they ended up clearing room to give the Spurs an unprotected 2030 swap to facilitate the failed Grant Williams trade.
    they also gave up a first to go from grant williams to pj washington

so they paid a 2027 top 2 protected FRP, an unprotected 2030 pick swap to get PJ Washington and unload Bullock who was expiring anyway

but their draft day stuff was good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can an agent infuence a Franchise not to draft a player?

From french sources, Risacher's camp don't want to end up in Detroit or Charlotte for ex. Would those franchises select him anyway consideing he isn't Franchise player potential?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was big on us trading for Tyler Herro last summer, that didn’t happen but would it be wild to say Dalton Knecht has his potential? Honestly watching highlights they look exactly the same lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m afraid Reed might just be a Payton Prichard
    Payton was senior when drafted almost a finished product. Who will be Sheppard given 3 more years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was big on us trading for Tyler Herro last summer, that didn’t happen but would it be wild to say Dalton Knecht has his potential? Honestly watching highlights they look exactly the same lol
    i was also advocating for us getting in on the hypothetical Lillard to Miami trade, whether that included us giving up a FRP for Herro, or just sending out spare parts for Lowry.

difference between Herro and Knecht is Herro is a much better passer and playmaker who can give you legit spot minutes at PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From french sources, Risacher's camp don't want to end up in Detroit or Charlotte for ex. Would those franchises select him anyway consideing he isn't Franchise player potential?
    They absolutely can and do. Ivey told Sacramento to pass on him despite being projected to go 4th, Haliburton made it known he didn't want to get drafted by several teams who already had a PG, and they got their way. Kobe supposedly was kept away from lots of teams and told Charlotte he wouldn't play for them. Another interesting case is Steph, who wanted to be drafted by NY (they were picking at 8) so he told GSW not to draft them at 7. They told him they were going to draft him anyway and did, and the rest is history. Bottom line is: bluff all you want and you might get away with it, but if the team calls it then you probably have to swallow your pride and bite the bullet. Honestly I don't think Risacher is in position to dismiss any team especially one picking high that desperately needs his skill set.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This mock has Dillingham to Spurs at 5 and Topic to Raptors at 6. Shannon IL to Spurs at 35.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/2024-nb...ffs-postseason

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly Castle's dad played with Duncan in college.

They can try, but obviously the franchise can do what they want.

If this is true though, it probably decreases the odds of them selecting him, especially considering the lack of star potential.

If the projected order holds and he gets to 3, the Spurs should offer 5, Johnson and the Hornets 1st for 3 and Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They absolutely can and do. Ivey told Sacramento to pass on him despite being projected to go 4th, Haliburton made it known he didn't want to get drafted by several teams who already had a PG, and they got their way. Kobe supposedly was kept away from lots of teams and told Charlotte he wouldn't play for them. Another interesting case is Steph, who wanted to be drafted by NY (they were picking at 8) so he told GSW not to draft them at 7. They told him they were going to draft him anyway and did, and the rest is history. Bottom line is: bluff all you want and you might get away with it, but if the team calls it then you probably have to swallow your pride and bite the bullet. Honestly I don't think Risacher is in position to dismiss any team especially one picking high that desperately needs his skill set.
    This decision would in any case be quite questionable in the medium and long term. Last year, Victor didn't want to go to the Rockets, but the team is nothing like last year's team. And then you have Paul desperate to join a team for a le, which happens to the Warriors, and then, no play-off. To express such prerogatives when you are not Victor or Kobe is to shoot yourself in the foot. Bilal made no fuss about not going to Washington.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They can try, but obviously the franchise can do what they want.

If this is true though, it probably decreases the odds of them selecting him, especially considering the lack of star potential.

If the projected order holds and he gets to 3, the Spurs should offer 5, Johnson and the Hornets 1st for 3 and Bertans.
    Thx guys

I agree with you Ariel in the case of potential star players but Risacher isn't really.

His camp dgaf about money as much as others (father former pro) and REALLY don't want DET or CHA (not sure about WAS bc of Bilal's presence)

Add the fact that he's been far from showcasing himself recently after huge hype... I'm not naturally a conspiracy theorist but it does smell fishy to me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This decision would in any case be quite questionable in the medium and long term. Last year, Victor didn't want to go to the Rockets, but the team is nothing like last year's team. And then you have Paul desperate to join a team for a le, which happens to the Warriors, and then, no play-off. To express such prerogatives when you are not Victor or Kobe is to shoot yourself in the foot. Bilal made no fuss about not going to Washington.
    Bilal went from playing U21 to playing with the pros/Victor to middle to late 1RP to lottery. Of course he's not going to argue.

Risacher has alwasy been top5 at worst and top1 for months. He's neither Bilal nor Vic's profile and his camp insisted on the fact they don't care about the draft position.

Not sure what team would ABSOLUTELY want Risacher in this weak draft to the point of taking him without his consent...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thx guys

I agree with you Ariel in the case of potential star players but Risacher isn't really.

His camp dgaf about money as much as others (father former pro) and REALLY don't want DET or CHA (not sure about WAS bc of Bilal's presence)

Add the fact that he's been far from showcasing himself recently after huge hype... I'm not naturally a conspiracy theorist but it does smell fishy to me
    I’m curious what DET would do about Sarr if they land #1, but I have a hard time seeing how they don’t take Risacher if they land anywhere else. He’s in theory exactly what they need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious what DET would do about Sarr if they land #1, but I have a hard time seeing how they don’t take Risacher if they land anywhere else. He’s in theory exactly what they need.
    Another youngster to develop?

If I was DET I'd hunt for experience and use those picks to trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another youngster to develop?

If I was DET I'd hunt for experience and use those picks to trade
    I was thinking shooting at the wing (they’re overweighted at PG and Cs), but sure, trades could be a path to that too I suppose. I’m assuming that if a trade doesn’t materialize that they’ll be drafting a player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surely pistons trade the pick to get a veteran.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bilal went from playing U21 to playing with the pros/Victor to middle to late 1RP to lottery. Of course he's not going to argue.

Risacher has alwasy been top5 at worst and top1 for months. He's neither Bilal nor Vic's profile and his camp insisted on the fact they don't care about the draft position.

Not sure what team would ABSOLUTELY want Risacher in this weak draft to the point of taking him without his consent...
    aside speculations about the Risacher camp, I take the link to Bilal to add some more speculations........(would fit better in the trade proposal thread, but anyway...)

we know, that there is this almost life long close friendship between Bilal and Victor. if Bilal was in this years draft, would he be high on the Spurs list? sure he would, not just because it would make Victor happy to reunite with him, but because of the player profile (and personality) of Bilal. where would Bilal go this year? at7? at5? at3? so, what can the Spurs offer that the Wizards make listen? sure, it would take their pick, maybe more. but the Wizards would agree at the right price, especially with Avdija finally live up to expectations and tied up long term. (Deni's best games came with Bilal out and Kispert alongside him in the starting line up)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information