Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233
Results 5,801 to 5,811 of 5811
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed LeBowen Spurs may be eyeing a decentralized playmaking-by-committee thriving on indirect creation especially with Vic's potential as a hub QB. Vassell started more effortlessly racking up AST in the tail end of this season, wonder if that's a changing development. But even if it was just the extra pass, Dev's emergence as more connective or should any other Spurs players join in it may demonstrate the role is more or less fulfilled. Then are you still looking at the PG need as closely?

If PATFO thinks they can get fluid ball movement and build a system that feeds off of secondary orchestration they may decide they do not need to run the ball through a traditional PG style. Then an off ball wing would plug in more naturally perhaps? Does SA already have the initiators sufficient to operate a well oiled offense and then shouldn't the focus swing to talented recipients?

Obvs I think SA still needs a PG anyway, Jones/Wesley feels too barren. But perhaps you could get away with a less valuable one that just stopgaps the position as opposed to blowing considerable draft capital on a name brand guard.
    this is something ive been considering quite a bit and is one of the reasons im optimistic that sheppard can get by at point guard if that ends up being the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like getting away with the lesser pick on McCain instead of using the higher pick on Dillingham so you can focus the higher value pick (in the event TOR conveys) on a wing prospect. Mostly just if you were in range for Risacher somehow not sure another 2024 SF/PF would qualify in this example.

Risacher & McCain would be a strong get with possibly looking at Traore in 2025, possibly to replace Jones, or to bump Wesley out should he fizzle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is something ive been considering quite a bit and is one of the reasons im optimistic that sheppard can get by at point guard if that ends up being the pick
    Agreed spurraider21 I think it's at least in play. So in that case the flashy PG premium may not be necessary draft or FA, so that would include Trae Young too. Maybe we are looking at this all wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also agree that at least in the recent sense the Nuggets and Jokic make this model all possible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like getting away with the lesser pick on McCain instead of using the higher pick on Dillingham so you can focus the higher value pick (in the event TOR conveys) on a wing prospect. Mostly just if you were in range for Risacher somehow not sure another 2024 SF/PF would qualify in this example.

Risacher & McCain would be a strong get with possibly looking at Traore in 2025, possibly to replace Jones, or to bump Wesley out should he fizzle
    If the choice was between picking Dilly or trading back and getting McCain and another significant asset, then I'd trade back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean it would depend on how significant that asset is, but man i dno about that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean it would depend on how significant that asset is, but man i dno about that
    For example... if we get Toronto at 7 or 8 and Nola wanted someone there and we could get one of their forwards + #17 (assuming McCain is there), I'd do that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For example... if we get Toronto at 7 or 8 and Nola wanted someone there and we could get one of their forwards + #17 (assuming McCain is there), I'd do that...
    seems unrealistic imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems unrealistic imo
    Its just one example, but i won't be surprised if Nola moves one of them. They may target something bigger, though, but the premis holds true for anyone in that 12-17 range where McCain is likely to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed's efficiency and impact numbers are frankly off the charts. the advanced stats all scream sheppard.

when comparing to dillingham though, its always the volume that catches my eye. as awesome as a shooter as reed is, dilly was taking more 3's per game and per 36 while still nailing a very high % of them. makes me question how easily he can get shots off in the nba without the same threat to penetrate that dilly has

Thread Information