My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC the unders won last year

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13-14 isn’t really good. If you’re going to drop a statement like that, you’ll need to bring receipts.
    What was their record after the mid season trades? That's the record you have to look at not the entire season .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was their record after the mid season trades? That's the record you have to look at not the entire season .
    That wasn’t what was being discussed. It was the record without LeBron. Take a seat.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn’t what was being discussed. It was the record without LeBron. Take a seat.
    Your argument is flawed

Lakers will have a better record than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13-14 isn’t really good. If you’re going to drop a statement like that, you’ll need to bring receipts.
    Well since we're talking about after the trade deadline when they added pieces they went 7-6. Not as good as memory serves but they went 5-3 over their last 8 without him as they got more minutes together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It absolutely was what I was referencing. I even talked about Reaves getting way more run as the PG as the season waned.

I'll acknowledge it wasn't a "really good record" but it was over .500 after the deadline and getting better as the season closed out.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It absolutely was what I was referencing. I even talked about Reaves getting way more run as the PG as the season waned.

I'll acknowledge it wasn't a "really good record" but it was over .500 after the deadline and getting better as the season closed out.
    Spurs would have a great season if they can reach 41 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have a great season if they can reach 41 wins.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the dejounte led play in team won 34 games and landed as the 10 seed

core of young players is now more complete, 2 way franchise cornerstone in wemby. I'd be inclined to think that 34 win mark is closer to their floor than it is their ceiling and I think play in should be the expectation.
    Yeah, posters are saying we’ll win 10 more games. We could have won 10 more games last year if we were trying. We beat both Finals teams and Milwaukee. We took Phoenixdown to the wire late in the season. It wasn’t a good team, but it also wasn’t a 22 win team without a LOT of effort.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, posters are saying we’ll win 10 more games. We could have won 10 more games last year if we were trying. We beat both Finals teams and Milwaukee. We took Phoenixdown to the wire late in the season. It wasn’t a good team, but it also wasn’t a 22 win team without a LOT of effort.
    Another myopic, homer view. "We" had the point differential of a team 3-4 games worse than "our" actual record, which was tied for second worst in the league. Plenty of other teams engaged in "tanking", too.

Bad teams beating good teams is inevitable throughout the course of an 82 game season. It's usually a combination of one or both sides being due and/or the better team coasting. It shouldn't be read into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another myopic, homer view. "We" had the point differential of a team 3-4 games worse than "our" actual record, which was tied for second worst in the league. Plenty of other teams engaged in "tanking", too.

Bad teams beating good teams is inevitable throughout the course of an 82 game season. It's usually a combination of one or both sides being due and/or the better team coasting. It shouldn't be read into.
    You understand that the differential was part of the tank, right? Sochan played 6 games each in Feb and Mar, and none in April. That’ll put a ding in your PD.

And yes,I’m a homer. If you’re not, you’re not a fan, you’re a spectator. The word fan itself derives from the word fanatic.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You understand that the differential was part of the tank, right? Sochan played 6 games each in Feb and Mar, and none in April. That’ll put a ding in your PD.

And yes,I’m a homer. If you’re not, you’re not a fan, you’re a spectator. The word fan itself derives from the word fanatic.
    A Homer is a fan whose judgment is clouded by their love for a particular team. So your judgment is clouded as a Homer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Homer is a fan whose judgment is clouded by their love for a particular team. So your judgment is clouded as a Homer.
    What you described is a fan. You’re a bystander.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Somehow everything was part of the grand plan by the genius, but other bad teams were just plain bad. The "PD" was league worst with Sochan.

I'm an objective fan who pays attention to the rest of the league. All fans are "spectators".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is correct. Yanking players and devaluing defense. Members here will acknowledge that we were tanking last year - a term which means 'losing on purpose' - implicitly acknowledging there were more games they could have won.

Now, I don't think those are a ton of games, but a deliberately compe ive team would have won more.

They will lose a good number this year. It's an inexperienced and young team that needs to learn how to kill runs, find scores when desperate, and especially score and shut teams down at the end of games. Do I think they will learn? Of course. But do I think they're going to be a handful for teams? Yes. But it will take time (which is why the idea of tanking again is complete nonsense). The range of teams they can beat any given night is pretty good, and consistently. I think their floor is 30 wins and that's not including the giant mutant X of what Wemby gives us.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    some of the sniffer takes in this thread are hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially when they talk in a very "matter of fact" manner but it's obvious they don't know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

to be fair Pop said he would prioritize winning then Started Sochan at PG and has had Wemby on a 25 minute restriction for two months for a mild ankle injury.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team doesn't even try to play D, there was the Sochan experiment, and Wemby minutes restriction.

Spo would have this team at 25 wins right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jones started over Sochan at the start of the season do we will more than one or two games anyway?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jones started over Sochan at the start of the season do we will more than one or two games anyway?
    They were 5-30 not starting Jones and are 5-13 since, so yes. They're awful starting Jones but they were historically terrible starting Sochan and even worse Bran Ham at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes. If there aren't significant injuries to key pieces that keep people out for long stretches. Specifically Vassell, Wembanyama, Sochan.

If not, were the same non playoff team with the bottom 2 worst record.
    You're aware we were 22-60 last year pretty much with all those same players returning. Now we absolutely tanked a bit and had some injuries, but you are what your record says you are within a few spots, at least. We sucked, sometimes purposefully, but we sucked. Our defense literally was the worst on NBA history.

Imagine a stretch where Wemby cannot play and our defense presumably reverts back to all-time suckage?

I think I can imagine several reasons why people might think little of what we got, and why we might not be playoff bound. In fact, I can easily envision a scenario where we are once again picking well inside the lottery, equally as well as I can see us sneaking into a play-in spot.

Quite frankly I'm feeling positive on my prediction/take but what's sad is I called our record except I assumed there would have to be injuries to keep us down as bad as we've been.

Otherwise, my was pretty spot on, per normal.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I didn't post in this thread

IIRC I think I thought they had a real shot at the play-in but would prob finish around 35 wins and miss it. So much for that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team doesn't even try to play D, there was the Sochan experiment, and Wemby minutes restriction.

Spo would have this team at 25 wins right now.
    At thinking coaching makes a significant difference.

Thread Information