Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Burrow is so ing overrated. I'm not saying he isn't great, but he isn't the unarguable 2nd best QB in the league after Mahomes. He's considered as such because of a SB appearance followed by an AFC championship game but, let's be honest, that success has always been because of the defense.
    Who would you put above Burrow right now though (besides Patty obv)

I give the guy credit cause he’s a gamer and a winner. That 2021 run was amazing for the simple fact that he had one of the worst OL I’ve ever seen and was sacked 20 times in the postseason alone. He was a couple minutes away from winning a SB and then only a play away from getting them into FG range to tie it. A guy can only do so much when he gets sacked 9 times in the SB and takes 17 QB hits overall. Mahomes fared far worse under pressure in the 2020 SB (and no, I’m not saying Mahomes isn’t the best, just providing context).

In 2022 they got hosed with the Hamlin game and had to go on the road in a blizzard at Buffalo down 4 OL starters and he quickly put the Bills in too deep a hole. In the AFCCG the Chiefs had a very sketchy call go their way at the end that impacted the outcome of that game.

I agree his defense has helped quite a bit as well, but Joey B has been nails in his young career. There’s little doubt (aside from injury) that Cincy will be in the mix at the end of the year along with KC, Miami, and maybe Jacksonville if Lawrence can be more consistent
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 09-26-2023 at 05:41 AM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Burrow is so ing overrated. I'm not saying he isn't great, but he isn't the unarguable 2nd best QB in the league after Mahomes. He's considered as such because of a SB appearance followed by an AFC championship game but, let's be honest, that success has always been because of the defense.
    lol their defense has been middling at best. Burrow has been good in crunch time.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Who would you put above Burrow right now though (besides Patty obv)

I give the guy credit cause he’s a gamer and a winner. That 2021 run was amazing for the simple fact that he had one of the worst OL I’ve ever seen and was sacked 20 times in the postseason alone. He was a couple minutes away from winning a SB and then only a play away from getting them into FG range to tie it. A guy can only do so much when he gets sacked 9 times in the SB and takes 17 QB hits overall. Mahomes fared far worse under pressure in the 2020 SB (and no, I’m not saying Mahomes isn’t the best, just providing context).

In 2022 they got hosed with the Hamlin game and had to go on the road in a blizzard at Buffalo down 4 OL starters and he quickly put the Bills in too deep a hole. In the AFCCG the Chiefs had a very sketchy call go their way at the end that impacted the outcome of that game.

I agree his defense has helped quite a bit as well, but Joey B has been nails in his young career. There’s little doubt (aside from injury) that Cincy will be in the mix at the end of the year along with KC, Miami, and maybe Jacksonville if Lawrence can be more consistent
    Your boy has put up better numbers (both in the regular season and the playoffs) consistently. There's this narrative that Burrow is Joe Cool, Mr. Clutch, while Allen is a choking interception machine, but in the playoffs Allen has a 17 to 4 ratio, while Burrow has a 9 to 4 one. Burrow has the same amount of interceptions in 1 less game played.

Let's be honest, the only reason Burrow is considered ahead of Allen is because Mahomes scored with 13 seconds remaining against the Bills defense, but played the worst game of his career against the Bengals in the following week.

Without 13, the Bills beat the out of both the Bengals and Rams that year and the narrative would be much different now. Heck, some people might even have Allen ahead of Mahomes.
    Last edited by DAF86; 09-26-2023 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    lol their defense has been middling at best. Burrow has been good in crunch time.
    2022 Bengals' team rank in the playoffs:

Defense: #2
    Ofense: #13 (out of 14 lol)

2021 Bengals' team rank in the playoffs:

Defense: #4
    Ofense: #8

If their defense is "middling", then the offense is worse than that. This is the I talk about when I say people make narratives in their heads and just go with it, without actually checking the facts. This is exactly why Burrow is overrated.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2022 Bengals' team rank in the playoffs:

Defense: #2
    Ofense: #13 (out of 14 lol)

2021 Bengals' team rank in the playoffs:

Defense: #4
    Ofense: #8

If their defense is "middling", then the offense is worse than that. This is the I talk about when I say people make narratives in their heads and just go with it, without actually checking the facts. This is exactly why Burrow is overrated.
    They were ranked much higher than I assumed, #5 defense. You throw a lot of at the wall, this stuck. Congrats

Burrow has led 7 drives to win games in his first couple seasons, that is pretty good. He also threw for 6 tds in the national championship game as a senior. It's not absurd to say he is a clutch player.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    They were ranked much higher than I assumed, #5 defense. You throw a lot of at the wall, this stuck. Congrats

Burrow has led 7 drives to win games in his first couple seasons, that is pretty good. He also threw for 6 tds in the national championship game as a senior. It's not absurd to say he is a clutch player.
    Sure, I'm not saying he isn't great, just that he's a bit overrated because of team success. He's easily a top 5 QB in the league, I just don't think he's the unquestioned second best QB if look at his individual stats.

Yes with OT guaranteed, the way Mahomes forced Joseph Ossai to do a stupid phuck unnecessary roughness when he was 2 yards out of bounds with 8 seconds to play and not timeouts was just genius play by Patty. Definitely better then Burrow.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yes with OT guaranteed, the way Mahomes forced Joseph Ossai to do a stupid phuck unnecessary roughness when he was 2 yards out of bounds with 8 seconds to play and not timeouts was just genius play by Patty. Definitely better then Burrow.
    With or without penalty, Mahomes was getting to FG range there.

Assumes fact not in evidence.

8 seconds and no timeouts. Bengals hug the sidelines or if necessary let the Chiefs catch a pass over the middle with the caveat of an immediate tackle.
    Either way it's OT.
    Sure it's possible Patty hits a quick 7 yarder or MahomesRef comes to the rescue. Far far more likely was:

End of Super Bowl Bengals on 4th down near midfield. Aaron Donals lines up way the offside and plants there. Not like he crept up to the line at the last second. It's an obvious call for the ref that lines up exactly between the teams on the side. No call and what a surprise -not- Donalson gets the sack.

Should have been automatic 1st down, Bengals ball on Rams 43 yard line with 43 seconds left.
    Love Joey B's chances there to get the FG or even game winning TD.

Thread Information