Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great trade for Boston, they had to push some of their chips and they had a full stash, so good for them. Portland getting a nice haul as well, I imagine Williams and/or Brogdon will be on the move again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao @ delusional Heat fans trying to convince everyone Riley's offer was the best.

Not only that they didn't get Lillard, but the trade made two of their biggest rivals way better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C's depend on a 38 year-old Al Horford at center now. Replaced Marcus Smart with Jrue Holiday to acquire Porzingis and lost Grant Williams. It's a good counter to Milwaukee but they could be really fragile inside.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly pretty steep of a deal for The C’s giving up as much as they did. I kinda like what Portland has done. Having Robert Williams and Ayton will be interesting if they keep both.
    Boston is all in for a le this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly pretty steep of a deal for The C’s giving up as much as they did. I kinda like what Portland has done. Having Robert Williams and Ayton will be interesting if they keep both.
    The GS pick will be in the 20s, so, it’s two chronically injured dudes, and the 2029 FRP.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that Portland’s GM continues to kick Pat Riley in the nuts. Hopefully he throws something the Sixers way too for funsies.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston looking pretty fierce for the next couple of years, but once Holiday gets old and is a much worse player than Smart then hopefully Tatum and/or Brown will ask out and that 2028 pick swap becomes epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao @ delusional Heat fans trying to convince everyone Riley's offer was the best.

Not only that they didn't get Lillard, but the trade made two of their biggest rivals way better.
    Pat Riley understands a lot about how to build an organization, but he is too stubborn sometimes, in the early 200s, he had a 3andD wing selected All Defense, but he wasn’t locked in, went into FA, and left the team for another opportunity. Riley trashed him, and basically said he was made by the Heat, and that they could churn out another him in 5 minutes. He was subsequently selected to 8 more All D teams. That player was Bruce Bowen, and the Heat didn’t have another All D wing player until Jimmy Butler showed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pat Riley understands a lot about how to build an organization, but he is too stubborn sometimes, in the early 200s, he had a 3andD wing selected All Defense, but he wasn’t locked in, went into FA, and left the team for another opportunity. Riley trashed him, and basically said he was made by the Heat, and that they could churn out another him in 5 minutes. He was subsequently selected to 8 more All D teams. That player was Bruce Bowen, and the Heat didn’t have another All D wing player until Jimmy Butler showed up.
    Was funny seeing the national media spray themselves to Bruce that whole 00-01 season in Miami and then snub him after he left to San Antonio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogdon is always injured and was not happy with almost being traded to the Clippers before. Williams likewise is incredibly injury prone. They didn't lose much imho. Especially with White on the roster, Brogdon was expendable

Williams and Ayton are not a fit at all in 2023
    Holiday was definitely worth it for the Celtics to not only replace/upgrade Smart, but keep from other contenders.

But they did go from 7 starter quality players to 6 and after them and maybe Pritchard, the rest of the roster is deep bench players. They desperately need a quality third big behind old Horford and injury prone Porzingis.

The Lillard trade (still not completed, as Brogdon will inevitably be rerouted) is now officially a homerun for the Trail Blazers.

C's depend on a 38 year-old Al Horford at center now. Replaced Marcus Smart with Jrue Holiday to acquire Porzingis and lost Grant Williams. It's a good counter to Milwaukee but they could be really fragile inside.
    Horford is their only credible Antetokounmpo/Embiid defender at this point. Barring another trade (they do have a $6.2M trade exception and surplus picks), they're actually going to need to hope Queta (TW) emerges or sign Griffin, Green, Biyombo, etc. and rely on them in high stakes games.
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-01-2023 at 11:08 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think wrong. My man, his current contract *is* his massive payday. He’ll be 34 years old when it’s time to sign that player option next season, and the amount is $39.4 million, with another $2 million in likely incentives. That is over $41 million, again as mentioned, at age 34. Then, at age 35, he will retire.

Nobody is going to offer him that kind of contract again at age 34 or 35. NBA players don’t last forever and everybody knows it. Generally speaking, age 35 is the end of the career.

Holiday was part of the Lillard trade for salary matching. The Bucks didn’t really want to give Holiday up, but hey, it’s Damien Lillard, so they did what they had to do.

The Blazers probably insisted on Holiday because they knew he’d be the easiest to trade onward to another team. All else equal, they’d keep Holiday, I’m sure, but they don’t have minutes for him. They just drafted Scoot, after drafting Sharpe last year, and they have Simons too. The young guys have to get the floor time so the Blazers can see how they stand at the guard position without Lillard. Rebuilding, in other words.

Holiday makes no sense for the Spurs. He can’t be part of a good Wemby team in 3 years. Age. Plus, there’s the practical matter that the Spurs have no way to trade for him. Well, the Spurs do have one thing that would have the Blazers falling all over themselves to work out a deal, but there ain’t no chance in .
    Naw

No way Boston gave up what they just did without thinking about extending Jrue at the first possible chance next spring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that Portland’s GM continues to kick Pat Riley in the nuts. Hopefully he throws something the Sixers way too for funsies.
    It’s been a great trade for Portland. And they’ll flip TimeLord for value too at some point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dame effectively become:

Deandre Ayton
    TimeLord
    Brogdon
    2024 FRP Sun (via Boston)
    2028 FRP swaps Bucks
    2029 FRP Bucks
    2029 FRP Celtics
    2028 FRP swaps Bucks
    Dumping Nurkics trash deal & fringe players

Damn good for aging star on atrocious deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This better work for Boston. They're in salary cap already and extending Holliday is going to make things even worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This better work for Boston. They're in salary cap already and extending Holliday is going to make things even worse.
    I’m still wondering whether they trade Brown in the next two years. That situation still feels off. That would be the way to recoup value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still wondering whether they trade Brown in the next two years. That situation still feels off. That would be the way to recoup value
    Brown jumps up to $52 million season after this with $4 million increases/season after that. It's insane. He's not even a team leader. I could see them going for a KAT or something but his salary is ungodly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they’re on a 1-2 year plan, pushing all the chips into the pot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite the reset for POR. Assuming Scoot and Sharpe blossom, they're stacked with FRPs for the next 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite the reset for POR. Assuming Scoot and Sharpe blossom, they're stacked with FRPs for the next 5 years.
    They did extremely well given how things looked over the summer. Well done. They have a ways to go, imo. Scoot could be a good lead guard and general leader. I don't believe in Sharpe at all -- he was listless and lazy during summer league, not a good sign. Ayton shouldn't be in anyone's long term plans. Simons is a good microwave but not much else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of a sudden, Portland has a really fun roster and has their own war chest of draft capital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And hope it blows up to for 2028

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually Like Wenyen Gabriel. Is he great no but I think he is a decent bench player. I would say he is along the lines of a lot of our bench bigs. He could be something or could be nothing. Played well in the time he had last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had it all in place for 2022 Finals.

After that giveaway choke job, i don't see this core of marshmallows doing squat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had it all in place for 2022 Finals.

After that giveaway choke job, i don't see this core of marshmallows doing squat.
    Sometimes one player, not even a star, can make a big difference. We got smoked by LA in 2001, beaten 4-2 in 2002, added one non-star player, and won 3 of the next 5 championships. That player was Bruce Bowen, and he wasn't near the player that Jrue is, skill wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of a sudden, Portland has a really fun roster and has their own war chest of draft capital.
    They were trapped in the treadmill with their refusal to trade Lillard, but he did them a HUGE favor by forcing his way out and making himself the bad guy, and I've got to hand it to Cronin, he kept his cool amidst all the drama and didn't cave in, and ended up with a really really good haul for a 33 y.o. guy on the tail end of his prime (if not past that). The next step is moving Jerami Grant by the trade deadline, if they get it done they'd have rid themselves of all bad contracts and. Never thought I'd say this, but hats off to Portland FO this time.

Thread Information