2 66.67%
  • Bad idea for Dems

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a question, since you talk about abortion.

Is it better to abort your baby or abandon it?
    Abortion for sure, but it's not my body so it's not my choice.

I've paid the ~$300 for a couple abortions plus many late night CVS trips to get plan B (I rarely use condoms nor pull out).. majority of women I've slept with have been on the more pro choice side at least at the beginning of the term.

Unfortunately I just so happened to impregnate a traditionalist religious woman who was like 35, baby crazy and crazy pro life.

Will wrecks MM's bull again...
    Not really, he just keeps up with the intricate little details of politics/government more than I do, and he's a good educator, and I appreciate his insights. Honestly he is a better source of news than either, say, LTE, or the New York Times.

I'm surprised LTE didn't come out with a video yet ranking the candidates in the last debate, was really hoping for that. He's more bullish on the Dems in the House for 2024 than I am, personally. Even with the extra Alabama seat, I see the top of the ticket dragging down down-ballot Dems just enough in '24, but I expect the Dems and Jeffries to take the House in '26 assuming Trump wins in '24.

The Bacon's and Schweikert's of the world have one more re-election left in them, and they're toast in a midterm blue wave year with a GOP president in bent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are all good things.

I don't know a damn thing about the right to work but I have been to MI.

The girls in MI are pretty but with winter gear on, it is hard to determine if they are fat, big boned, or athletic.

Once, when I was in Alaska, I dated an Inuit girl for two weeks before she realized that me buying a burger at the Dairy Queen on consecutive days was my way of saying we were dating. She dumped me right afterwards and did not give me the fries I ordered. Needless to say, I left a complaint to the manager.

I can also make impressively big bucks with my IT skills working from home, I just wish my paycheck from my employer at the Smoothie King in Selma, Tx would reflect that.

I'm not a huge Whitmer fan over the Covid thing, as I know little about covid but girls probably think I sound cool talking about it, who knows.
    fify

Much better

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you dont think AOC will be on the ticket in 2028,,,,youre not paying attention,,,in fact the democrats may go an all women minority ticket of Mic e Obama/AOC,,,,but rest assured,,,the democrats will pick AOC as a running mate over Whitmer,,,,no doubt about it,,,,

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Gavin - as a California long time resident, it's bad timing to make a Presidential run representing our State. Even to Mid-America Democrats, the current state is too much for Newsome to bare and answer for.

And based on illegal migration estimates, the situation will worsen by election time.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gavin - as a California long time resident, it's bad timing to make a Presidential run representing our State. Even to Mid-America Democrats, the current state is too much for Newsome to bare and answer for.

And based on illegal migration estimates, the situation will worsen by election time.
    Who's gonna tell on him, Frosty? CNN/MSNBC won't. , FOX won't. You will. I will. If (they) want him with Biden's blessing he'll be difficult if not impossible to overcome. He's White. He's good looking. He's White. He's young. He's White. He's free of vices. He's White.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Who's gonna tell on him, Frosty? CNN/MSNBC won't. , FOX won't. You will. I will. If (they) want him with Biden's blessing he'll be difficult if not impossible to overcome. He's White. He's good looking. He's White. He's young. He's White. He's free of vices. He's White.
    Gavin is a pretty boy that wants to be politically accepted but he has bigger dreams than the next Biden. This late age Joe version.

Newsom should wait for the next cycle. He hopes the Democrats run a non- straight white male in 2024.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    That's the irony

Gavin & DeSantis both benefit from party losses in 2024

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That's the irony

Gavin & DeSantis both benefit from party losses in 2024
    DeSantis has been such a colossal failure running for president that he has no chance in 2028 against Youngkin or Kemp. Trump ruined him. He shoulda just waited to run.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis has been such a colossal failure running for president that he has no chance in 2028 against Youngkin or Kemp. Trump ruined him. He shoulda just waited to run.
    I do think Youngkin would be hard to beat considering his moderate appeal coming from a blue side of purple state. He'd actually be the only GOP candidate with the chance to flip VA back red for the first time since '04. He also has pretty good rust belt appeal having come from a Trump-ish sort of business background, populist stance, running on making school choice federal law, etc. Has solid sun belt appeal too being able to toe the line between capitalist and populist. Met the guy in person a couple times even. He's the real "Trump without the baggage" candidate that DeSantis was supposed to be before his 2023 national collapse, IMO.

If only he could consistently say the word "Michigander" properly, lol.

True story: I actually personally corrected Youngkin on that one when I met him in Lansing last year, because Tudor Dixon didn't have the stones to, unfortunately. I know Dixon personally and think she's a wonderful person and friend but I'm not one to deny that she wasn't a good governor candidate, especially being so green and being so pro-life without exceptions in a mostly secular pro-choice state. I'm very happy for her she's doing well and making good money at Fox News now, it's really her calling much more so than political office. Governor Whitmer absolutely outclassed her in the general election, not just on funding but also experience and abortion, and it was the perfect storm for Whitmer with the pro-choice ballot measure (proposition 3) effectively serving as the top of the ticket. I do believe Dixon would have had an outside chance without the Dobbs v Jackson ruling and I believe there would have been plenty more Governor and a few Senate flips in 2022 if not for Dobbs, but it is what it is.

As for Brian Kemp, I think he would defeat Ossoff head-to-head in 2026, even if Trump wins in '24 and the overall '26 environment leans blue wave, the Dems flip the House et al... and I think that's the direction for which Kemp is headed. I doubt he seriously wants to run for POTUS or even VP.

fify

Much better
    That's frankly hilarious even if at my expense, especially the Alaska part (AK is laughably actually one of the two states I've never been to, but if I did meet a girl there, I'd take her to The Pump House in Fairbanks, not ing fast food), but your meme is dying.

If you dont think AOC will be on the ticket in 2028,,,,youre not paying attention,,,in fact the democrats may go an all women minority ticket of Mic e Obama/AOC,,,,but rest assured,,,the democrats will pick AOC as a running mate over Whitmer,,,,no doubt about it,,,,
    She won't be. She's way too polarizing. Moderates despise her.

If Trump wins in 2024 he'll try to award himself another term in 2028. There may not even be an election.
    Also, this is bogus.

If (likely) Trump wins next year, he likely goes scorched earth on policy the first two years with slim but sure House and Senate majorities, jacks up tariffs and interest rates, builds an impenetrable southern border, re-instates a heavy nationalist energy production policy including mega drilling and fracking, lowers gas prices back to 2019 levels, potentially pushes for universal school choice, and perhaps exacts some legal revenge on those who have tried to prosecute him. He will remain extremely popular with his fans, and loathed by his detractors. However, the idea that he'll outright do away with democracy and voting is ludicrous. There are special measures in place to prevent this, and even the U.S. Military would turn against him if he actually tried to become a dictator. This is not in any way cons utional nor a plausible scenario. Once the Dems take back the House in '26 Trump will have to moderate a bit so he knows he realistically will have 2 years to get done everything he has ever wanted to do as President of the USA. Once he clocks in to the Oval Office on January 21, 2025, the "MAGA Agenda" clock will be ticking, tickety-tock.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 09-29-2023 at 08:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s accomplished absolutely nothing as California governor. Hasn’t even pretended to address the housing crisis, hasn’t built any reservoirs to solve the water crisis, hasn’t done anything to advance major public transportation projects, doesn’t care that his state is bleeding population, hasnt done anything to reform permitting in CA to make solar projects easier to build, etc.

All he’s done as governor is raise money for his stupid national vanity projects about repealing the 2nd amendment and running worthless ads in Florida during midterm season about how DeSanctus is a big mean bully while Dem turnout in California crashed and played a big role in giving the GOP the house.

He hasn’t done anything to earn the nomination.
    Newsom had done quite a bit on the housing stuff. They basically abolished single family zoning. Look up SB9

he’s been adamantly anti-nimby

passed a bill allowing developers do build residential units in commercial zoned arenas as long as certain percentage of units are low income housing and need zero special permission or permits to do so

Expedited the draining environmental review process of large residential developments

Weird you brought that up since he’s been extremely aggressive there. It does take time for those effects to be felt. Lifting restrictions is the government step. It is and will continue to lead to new construction, increased supply of units, but that’s not going to happen with the stroke of a pen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do debates really move the needle?

not rhetorical.
    not just the debates themselves. But generally when he’s in front of a camera he tends to come off well. tv spots etc. when he gets exposure he comes across wel. That’s been desantis’ Achilles heel. Republicans were warm to the idea of him but the more they see him the more turned off they are. Newsom is the opposite.

yes if people just hear “liberal governor from California” they’re going to have some immediate biases which imo he can overcome with exposure

look up his spot with hannity from a couple of months ago for instance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus he used to schlong Kimberly guilfoyle before don jr accepted those sloppy seconds

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s accomplished absolutely nothing as California governor. Hasn’t even pretended to address the housing crisis, hasn’t built any reservoirs to solve the water crisis, hasn’t done anything to advance major public transportation projects, doesn’t care that his state is bleeding population, hasnt done anything to reform permitting in CA to make solar projects easier to build, etc.

All he’s done as governor is raise money for his stupid national vanity projects about repealing the 2nd amendment and running worthless ads in Florida during midterm season about how DeSanctus is a big mean bully while Dem turnout in California crashed and played a big role in giving the GOP the house.

i am not disagreeing with ANY of your assertions…

but Newsom would

WIN ELECTIONS!

i wont go into ALL the reasons except ONE;

OP and the entire GOP is already so terrified of newsom running that they start threads, put him on hannity to try and knock him down, set him up to debate ron defascist, etc

Newsom would win two prez elections for dems just based on the re ed usa electorate going for youth, vitality, presentation, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yet, most everybody loves him in Cali. Completely ran the board both on his recall pe ion and re-election.

Also, he knows how to play the political game. He aligned himself right behind Old Joe because he knows he'll need him to support him when he runs.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yet, most everybody loves him in Cali. Completely ran the board both on his recall pe ion and re-election.

Also, he knows how to play the political game. He aligned himself right behind Old Joe because he knows he'll need him to support him when he runs.
    I wouldn’t say he ran the board in his re-election. In his recall election he absolutely did (his opponent being a generic Token A. Frican helped) but in 2022 he got less than 60% of the vote which is a mediocre at best result for a Dem in California (Jerry Brown managed to get to 60% as an in bent in 2014 despite it being a much worse year for Ds than 2022).

My bigger issue with him is that he didn’t do any campaigning in 2022 which led to horrid Dem turnout in important house races (the two Central Valley seats Dems almost won probably go blue if Newsom did a minimal amount of campaigning). We can’t afford another Dem president who’s not a team player in down ballot elections - imo people don’t realize how much the 2010 and 2014 bloodbaths set Dems back (specifically how Obama left office with the GOP almost having control of enough state legislatures to call a cons utional convention).

Also Newsom comes off well as a speaker to you, me and Spurraider21 because we’re all liberal elitists, but I don’t see him being the mercurial Obama or Clinton type speaker who puts things in terms simplified enough for the for brains voters we needed to win. He also just doesn’t seem interested in governing and I care about the president actually wanting to pass his agenda after he wins (Obama’s electoral talent with Biden’s determination to pass legislation would be ideal). Even if spurraider is right that he’s been proactive on the housing costs (the results aren’t there and if I had to guess it’s because of the low income unit requirement that a lot of developers are allergic to) there’s countless other things he has the power to address and doesnt. He claims to be leading the charge on climate change yet since the IRA passed Texas is crushing California in terms of solar capacity added to its grid and that’s 100% because of bureaucracy and utilities making permitting impossible.

I should caveat this by saying that if my choice in 2028 is between him, Kamala and Pete Buttplug, I’ll be thrilled if we dodge a bullet and end up with him instead of either albatross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t say he ran the board in his re-election. In his recall election he absolutely did (his opponent being a generic Token A. Frican helped) but in 2022 he got less than 60% of the vote which is a mediocre at best result for a Dem in California (Jerry Brown managed to get to 60% as an in bent in 2014 despite it being a much worse year for Ds than 2022).

My bigger issue with him is that he didn’t do any campaigning in 2022 which led to horrid Dem turnout in important house races (the two Central Valley seats Dems almost won probably go blue if Newsom did a minimal amount of campaigning). We can’t afford another Dem president who’s not a team player in down ballot elections - imo people don’t realize how much the 2010 and 2014 bloodbaths set Dems back (specifically how Obama left office with the GOP almost having control of enough state legislatures to call a cons utional convention).

Also Newsom comes off well as a speaker to you, me and Spurraider21 because we’re all liberal elitists, but I don’t see him being the mercurial Obama or Clinton type speaker who puts things in terms simplified enough for the for brains voters we needed to win. He also just doesn’t seem interested in governing and I care about the president actually wanting to pass his agenda after he wins (Obama’s electoral talent with Biden’s determination to pass legislation would be ideal). Even if spurraider is right that he’s been proactive on the housing costs (the results aren’t there and if I had to guess it’s because of the low income unit requirement that a lot of developers are allergic to) there’s countless other things he has the power to address and doesnt. He claims to be leading the charge on climate change yet since the IRA passed Texas is crushing California in terms of solar capacity added to its grid and that’s 100% because of bureaucracy and utilities making permitting impossible.

I should caveat this by saying that if my choice in 2028 is between him, Kamala and Pete Buttplug, I’ll be thrilled if we dodge a bullet and end up with him instead of either albatross.
    Not saying he's my #1 choice, but let's be realistic here. He's one of those guys that could've stepped up and challenged Joe right now, instead he played ball, because he sees big picture.

He also read early on that doughy DeathSantis was a phony. He's also one of the few Dems that has zero problem throwing it down against any of the other MAGA losers like Abbott.

All I'm saying is that after looking at him operate here for ~4 years, I can see he's not just a good speaker, he's also a very savvy political player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying he's my #1 choice, but let's be realistic here. He's one of those guys that could've stepped up and challenged Joe right now, instead he played ball, because he sees big picture.

He also read early on that doughy DeathSantis was a phony. He's also one of the few Dems that has zero problem throwing it down against any of the other MAGA losers like Abbott.

All I'm saying is that after looking at him operate here for ~4 years, I can see he's not just a good speaker, he's also a very savvy political player.

LMAO,,,,,nono with the take as usual,,,dude is a in' dud in cali. Tell me, pal,,,how are those reparations he promised working out if hes such a savvy political player?,,,,he promised the blacks and now cant produce and hes trying to backtrack,,,,,his state has the largest debt of any state in America,,,,the state has tried to recall him(Abbott hasnt tried to be recalled in Texas),,,,everyone loves him in cali?,,,,,bwahahahaha,,,,youre a joke. I hope you democrats put him as your nominee,,,,he'll flame out worse than desantis,,,,

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    LMAO,,,,,nono with the take as usual,,,dude is a in' dud in cali. Tell me, pal,,,how are those reparations he promised working out if hes such a savvy political player?,,,,he promised the blacks and now cant produce and hes trying to backtrack,,,,,his state has the largest debt of any state in America,,,,the state has tried to recall him(Abbott hasnt tried to be recalled in Texas),,,,everyone loves him in cali?,,,,,bwahahahaha,,,,youre a joke. I hope you democrats put him as your nominee,,,,he'll flame out worse than desantis,,,,
    Newsom not passing reparations is a win. Cash reparations is one of the most stupid far left wing ideas in political discourse right now and hopefully it’s never implemented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newsom not passing reparations is a win. Cash reparations is one of the most stupid far left wing ideas in political discourse right now and hopefully it’s never implemented.
    Yeah, not only he didn't pass that, he also didn't pass a bunch of bills that you would think were liberal slam dunks, like the unemployment pay during strikes, the transgender children bill or the self-driving trucks bill.

This is exactly what I mean about being a savvy political player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did that recall go?

He's a two term governor. You probably don't know what that means, since you're a MAGA loser, lmao.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, not only he didn't pass that, he also didn't pass a bunch of bills that you would think were liberal slam dunks, like the unemployment pay during strikes, the transgender children bill or the self-driving trucks bill.

This is exactly what I mean about being a savvy political player.
    & I'll bet the farm that if elected nobody will threaten to blow him, his wife and their child up in the White House, eh, El?

tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How did that recall go?

He's a two term governor. You probably don't know what that means, since you're a MAGA loser, lmao.
    & I'll bet the farm that if elected nobody will threaten to blow him, his wife and their child up in the White House, eh, El?

tee, hee.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did that recall go?

LMAO,,,nono triggered,,,,,newsom recall attempt,,,,Abbott no recall attempt,,,,,,

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LMAO,,,nono triggered,,,,,newsom recall attempt,,,,Abbott no recall attempt,,,,,,
    Oh, daddy, do they hate gettin' dunned like this. Grind it in, Ange!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and nono,,,,Abbott is serving his 3rd term,,,,let me know when Newsom gets there,,,,,,bwahahahahaha

Thread Information