2 66.67%
  • Bad idea for Dems

1 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, daddy, do they hate gettin' dunned like this. Grind it in, Ange!!!
    I feel bad trashin' democrats like nono that have the IQ of a plastic house plant but its gotta be done,,,,,,

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I feel bad trashin' democrats like nono that have the IQ of a plastic house plant but its gotta be done,,,,,,
    He has it comin'.

- "Get him a body bag. Yeah!!!!!!!!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO,,,nono triggered,,,,,newsom recall attempt,,,,Abbott no recall attempt,,,,,,

Oh and nono,,,,Abbott is serving his 3rd term,,,,let me know when Newsom gets there,,,,,,bwahahahahaha
    lmao, celebrating losing a recall... MAGA spotted.

Newsom sooner or later will be your president... let me know when Abbott gets there... bwahahahahaha

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao, celebrating losing a recall... MAGA spotted.

Newsom sooner or later will be your president... let me know when Abbott gets there... bwahahahahaha
    Newsom will be president?,,,,lmao,,,,i told you this poster had the IQ of a plastic house plant,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newsom will be president?,,,,lmao,,,,i told you this poster had the IQ of a plastic house plant,,,,
    ^^^ lmao, Old Joe's re son triggered...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ lmao, Old Joe's re son triggered...
    We get it, nono,,,,youre triggered,,,no need to declare it,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get it, nono,,,,youre triggered,,,no need to declare it,,,,
    lol "we", rofl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    triggered,,,,,

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh and nono,,,,Abbott is serving his 3rd term,,,,let me know when Newsom gets there,,,,,,bwahahahahaha
    On his 3rd term but Greg Abbott has never STOOD UP for Texas!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    On his 3rd term but Greg Abbott has never STOOD UP for Texas!
    ...the regression of Will has been initiated.

Damn it! You were pisser there for a bit, buster.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ...the regression of Will has been initiated.

Damn it! You were pisser there for a bit, buster.
    I’ll talk about politicians regardless of party, thread.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I commend you for this, also me too.

Newsom not passing reparations is a win. Cash reparations is one of the most stupid far left wing ideas in political discourse right now and hopefully it’s never implemented.
    right, it's one of the bull sandwiches dems have to eat like the GOP with full term abortion bans and q-anon conspiracy horse like 9/11 trutherism, flat earth stuff, fake moon landings, or that Mic e Obama isn't a woman, none of which I'll ever buy

I wouldn’t say he ran the board in his re-election. In his recall election he absolutely did (his opponent being a generic Token A. Frican helped) but in 2022 he got less than 60% of the vote which is a mediocre at best result for a Dem in California (Jerry Brown managed to get to 60% as an in bent in 2014 despite it being a much worse year for Ds than 2022).

My bigger issue with him is that he didn’t do any campaigning in 2022 which led to horrid Dem turnout in important house races (the two Central Valley seats Dems almost won probably go blue if Newsom did a minimal amount of campaigning). We can’t afford another Dem president who’s not a team player in down ballot elections - imo people don’t realize how much the 2010 and 2014 bloodbaths set Dems back (specifically how Obama left office with the GOP almost having control of enough state legislatures to call a cons utional convention).

Also Newsom comes off well as a speaker to you, me and Spurraider21 because we’re all liberal elitists, but I don’t see him being the mercurial Obama or Clinton type speaker who puts things in terms simplified enough for the for brains voters we needed to win. He also just doesn’t seem interested in governing and I care about the president actually wanting to pass his agenda after he wins (Obama’s electoral talent with Biden’s determination to pass legislation would be ideal). Even if spurraider is right that he’s been proactive on the housing costs (the results aren’t there and if I had to guess it’s because of the low income unit requirement that a lot of developers are allergic to) there’s countless other things he has the power to address and doesnt. He claims to be leading the charge on climate change yet since the IRA passed Texas is crushing California in terms of solar capacity added to its grid and that’s 100% because of bureaucracy and utilities making permitting impossible.

I should caveat this by saying that if my choice in 2028 is between him, Kamala and Pete Buttplug, I’ll be thrilled if we dodge a bullet and end up with him instead of either albatross.
    I agree with you on this for the most part, Newsom way underperformed in '22. The recall election occurred in mid-2021 when Biden still had a slightly positive favorability rating, just before Afghanistan IIRC.

The power grid is equally terrible in both Texas and California. Texas does have better, more consistent wi-fi / cell service reception. Every time I've been in CA my phone goes wonky and has to do a reset because of the terrible signal there, if you're not literally in LA or the populated parts of the Bay Area. Michigan does have a slight problem with that as well, when you get out of the cities and suburbs. Even in Ann Arbor city limits, which is a very populated and very liberal place, the cell service is godawful.

California is an economic hole and Michigan is a purple state success story with Democrat leadership since 2019, and Rick Snyder was pretty much universally known to be ineffective for the MI GOP. The gas prices and taxes aren't insane and Whitmer Dems have actually managed to LOWER state income tax. I do believe Whitmer at top of the ticket in the debates can campaign on being fiscally center right and populist and socially moderately progressive but not alt-left, which is probably the majority opinion. Michigan as a whole is drifting (not zooming) towards the right considering demographics, but, 2022 proved that it's still a forever pro-choice state and with Whitmer at the top of the ticket, MI is all but guaranteed to go blue at the presidential level. With Whitmer as Newsom's VP pick I still think it's enough for MI to go blue but not by much.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 10-01-2023 at 12:24 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just couldn't & still can't recall the last time you crossed over like this.

Thread Information