Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uhhh, Houston is not exactly a utopia. Pretty much every large US city not in the mountain time zone is a sh1t hole these days tbh imho
    Denver is a hole too, so are the inner suburbs like Aurora. Was just there and it's flooded with minorities, junkies, and hoboes, not mutually exclusive.

Albuquerque has always been a hole full of rude asshole mexicans who would love to beat up and shoot whitey if given the opportunity. Phoenix is barely better on that front, but the oppressive heat makes it a hole too.

So really that argument doesn't apply... Salt Lake City is ok at best, I guess.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lame live telecast did not give an overhead shot of the Wild Pitch that baserunner Pillar chose to stay on 3b.

How easily does he score to make it 3-2, runners on 2b 3b?
    It was a judgment call. With your best hitter at the plate, it was a classic example of "Mighty Casey has struck out" for Atlanta and Acuna, even though it was technically a flyout that came up several yards short of a home run.

But it was the safe choice to go back to 3rd in that situation if you're Pillar. Do you really want to be the one who gets scapegoated all winter and beyond if you get tagged out at home base for the third out with Ronald in' Acuna at bat and the bases loaded with 2 outs in a 3-1 game? If Acuna hit that last pitch just a wee bit deeper, made it 5-3 and the Braves held on to win, Pillar would have been absolutely justified.

Kind of like the "go for it on 4th and short in the red zone down a field goal or less with a minute left and if you convert, you drain their timeouts and win at the buzzer, but if you don't convert obviously you lose, but if you kick the field goal now you give the enemy too much time to drive for a game winning field goal of their own" type of situation, applied to baseball.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Denver is a hole too, so are the inner suburbs like Aurora. Was just there and it's flooded with minorities, junkies, and hoboes, not mutually exclusive.

Albuquerque has always been a hole full of rude asshole mexicans who would love to beat up and shoot whitey if given the opportunity. Phoenix is barely better on that front, but the oppressive heat makes it a hole too.

So really that argument doesn't apply... Salt Lake City is ok at best, I guess.
    wasn’t counting Albuquerque , but New Mexico isn’t actually a bad place if you really want to hide out and go off the grid.

You’re right on Denver though. Out of all the mountain west cities, I’d steer clear from there. All the high brow, liberal bags/OnlyFans thots who moved to Austin a decade ago are now flocking there in droves. Won’t be too long before it turns into Lagos, Nigeria either.

I think Phoenix/Salt Lake are actually going to continue to be solid. Mormons are good, solid hard working people who are always going to vote in certain ways to keep the “riff raff” out or atleast confined to only certain areas of the metro. Phoenix climate is always going to be just “harsh enough” to keep the high brow bags out. Also Boise, ID and the Montana mid size cities will be good places too for awhile. I think certain areas of South Dakota are good too. And I guess if you can stomach the extremes in weather in the Northern Plains and are hardy enough, then you won’t have to worry about crime there either.

the rest of the US outside of certain areas in the far northeast are either a Tyrone/immigrant fest or will be in the near future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a judgment call. safe choice.
    Little league and even lower strategy level was all that was needed.
    In this situation a pro MLB team should have a strategy plan well in place.
    That plan was the batter Acuna clearly waving Pillar in.

End of story.

That Pillars vision was obstructed, indeed it appears at least in part by Acuna....all the more reason to respond to Acunas clear repeated wave in.
    End of Braves season.

Game 7 Spurs vs Denver then Leader Pet Patty, Pet Aldrige and NGOAT coach sat there jacking off and did not foul the Nuggett to stop the clock. Again, all it took was Jr. High level strategy that a SIGN was arranged for "Foul".
    but we couldn't hear over the crowd noise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long time, bros! No better time to return to the old stomping grounds as the Rangers and Astros get ready to face off in the baseball equivalent of a street fight. And happy to see Seagoat lead you all there. Best overall hitter in the sport this season.

Just hope the Rangers can deal with the pressure. The Astros have lived in the ALCS for nearly a decade, so they'll likely be more even keel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long time, bros! No better time to return to the old stomping grounds as the Rangers and Astros get ready to face off in the baseball equivalent of a street fight. And happy to see Seagoat lead you all there. Best overall hitter in the sport this season.

Just hope the Rangers can deal with the pressure. The Astros have lived in the ALCS for nearly a decade, so they'll likely be more even keel.
    Welcome back brosef

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    anyway, I think the Astros will take this in 5. Don't have a great feeling about this series, Astros have dominated the Rangers since 2017 and most importantly, this season as well. Very hard for a team to go from winning 68 games to going to the World Series the next year especially having to go through the defending champs unless there's a big talent disparity. The 2010 Rangers went to the WS the first time they were in the postseason and beat the defending champs (Yankees), but they were ridiculously loaded on offense, signed Cliff Lee, and made steady progress leading up to that season. This year's team is legit, but rare to see a team make such a big leap.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Astros bats going cold like the Rays and Orioles. Even though Houston only won 90 games, it seems like they've always been able to win when needed this season against anybody. Also, the bullpen is still what it is and won't have the luxury of being able to go in with 6+ run leads every game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's all this animosity coming from?

Scared to face us again?
    Apparently you choose not to read. I already stated earlier in this thread that the Braves were the team I feared the most. I stated that I didn't see anyone knocking them off.

I despise the Braves and all teams from Atlanta.

As far as animosity goes, you are the one who started in on the Astros and their fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uhhh, Houston is not exactly a utopia. Pretty much every large US city not in the mountain time zone is a sh1t hole these days tbh imho
    Houston is a sesspool hole. The Astros are one of the few things I like about the city. The Rockets and Texans can rot on for all I care. UH can pass off too. The traffic sucks, the weather sucks, the giant mosquitoes suck....

God Bless San Antonio.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Houston is a sesspool hole. The Astros are one of the few things I like about the city. The Rockets and Texans can rot on for all I care. UH can pass off too. The traffic sucks, the weather sucks, the giant mosquitoes suck....

God Bless San Antonio.
    honestly the worst was the flooding...when I lived there for a few years I was just out of college, and had a third story apartment so it didn't directly affect me. But it would seem like a pain in the a$$ to try and plant roots in a city where everytime there's an extended heavy downpour, half the city floods. I actually like humidity, so that part wasn't as bad as I expected tbh. The crime, though, holy sh1t. I've never been to any other city in the US where violent crime / break ins / car theft was so widespread even all the way out to the suburbs. I joined a Nextdoor app when I was there, and I still get daily notifications of shootings, trucks stolen etc ... and I lived in a fairly upscale area too

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    honestly the worst was the flooding...when I lived there for a few years I was just out of college, and had a third story apartment so it didn't directly affect me. But it would seem like a pain in the a$$ to try and plant roots in a city where everytime there's an extended heavy downpour, half the city floods. I actually like humidity, so that part wasn't as bad as I expected tbh. The crime, though, holy sh1t. I've never been to any other city in the US where violent crime / break ins / car theft was so widespread even all the way out to the suburbs. I joined a Nextdoor app when I was there, and I still get daily notifications of shootings, trucks stolen etc ... and I lived in a fairly upscale area too
    What part did you stay in

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    anyway, I think the Astros will take this in 5. Don't have a great feeling about this series, Astros have dominated the Rangers since 2017 and most importantly, this season as well. Very hard for a team to go from winning 68 games to going to the World Series the next year especially having to go through the defending champs unless there's a big talent disparity. The 2010 Rangers went to the WS the first time they were in the postseason and beat the defending champs (Yankees), but they were ridiculously loaded on offense, signed Cliff Lee, and made steady progress leading up to that season. This year's team is legit, but rare to see a team make such a big leap.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Astros bats going cold like the Rays and Orioles. Even though Houston only won 90 games, it seems like they've always been able to win when needed this season against anybody. Also, the bullpen is still what it is and won't have the luxury of being able to go in with 6+ run leads every game
    Eh. The Rangers are very streaky. That matters in the playoffs. Either they are cold or they hit and score a lot. Dont think this is just gonna be a 5 game set.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Also, whoever wins this series I think wins the WS.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, whoever wins this series I think wins the WS.
    Apology accepted, dj.

Now, what kind of guarantee can you grant your old Cubster that the Backs aren't going to win this World Series? I haven't listened to Phoenix talk radio in over a fortnight. It's been a complete MLB blackout till last night (I was going to wait all the way till November 3rd, but broke down last night & peeked and discovered the bas s had swept the Dodgers! I hate this! What they've done is take those new rules and wore them out. If it ain't nailed down they steal it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What part did you stay in
    I was over in the Memorial Area around City Centre 2014-2017...worked in the Energy Corridor at the time. My immediate area was ok, and you had Bunker Hill Village to the south which is super wealthy, but damn...anywhere south of that toward Westheimer/Briar Forest was just a toss up. Some areas had some good looking neighborhoods, but the next block looked like a U.N. designated warzone. Had a friend that stayed in a really nice gated, luxury apartment just north of Briar Forest on Beltway 8 yet someone was randomly shot in a drive by outside his building. With a car that was stolen across town from SE Houston nonetheless . The crime down there was just so random and widespread in my experience. Knew a ton of people way out in Katy who said they'd randomly hear gunshots too. And growing up in Dallas, I thought Katy was like the "Plano" of Houston. Like I said before, I had a lot of fun in my three years there but doesn't seem like an easy place to plant roots

It's just different. Dallas is only "slightly" better, but still pretty sh1t....growing up, crime was atleast confined to certain areas. Although, I still visit the Big D and the decent middle class areas within DFW are definitely shrinking with everything just getting built out further and further north. Pretty soon, DFW literally will stretch all the way out to South Oklahoma fulfilling 06-07 ST era Spurfan's prophecy tbh imho

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Tô give a good indication of crime rate in both Dallas and Houston, you may as well draw a circle over the city limit of both (maybe carve out a hole in Highland Park and River Oaks) and write in big red letters “SHIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEET”

That’ll summarize the areas that Tyrone is most likely to rob you tbh imho

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    wtf Smoltz is back again? He's really the best they have? Thought he was the fourth string "day game nobody cares about" tier announcer who would be long gone by the time the LCS started

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'm back. From sports detox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good start for the Rangers. Great play by Semien there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Verlander doesn't look great so far. Rangers need to punish. He tends to find a gear in the middle innings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another bad pitch. Lucky it wasn't 5 rows deep

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Astros hammering Montgomery so far but hitting right to the outfielders. 1-0 lead ain't gonna cut it today tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Astros hammering Montgomery so far but hitting right to the outfielders. 1-0 lead ain't gonna cut it today tbh
    Yeah. No lead is safe in that band box.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moldy is the last guy you wanna walk. C'mon.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    2 Texas teams playing for the right to get eliminated by the Phillies in the World Series.

Thread Information