Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Rip Hamilton in Malaki's curls into the lane.
    I can see that. RIP was a prolific scorer and seemingly with ease, like Malaki does. Agree it’s a long way to go. In one of the interviews, somebody mentioned Malaki as someone who has really improved this Summer (and also grew and inch or two but that’s for another take). With Champagnie, Doug, Graham and possibly Keldon, this could be a very deep bench. Add in Mamu and Bassey’s passing and it would be very fun to watch!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me loves that players are using this Vassell contract as a club to smack other front offices. Many of these player will not be nearly as good as Vassell, but their clubs have to given the Vassell bag to keep them happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That will put Minny in the luxury tax. If they disappoint this year, they may have a sale this coming summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That will put Minny in the luxury tax. If they disappoint this year, they may have a sale this coming summer.
    I'd shop KAT, but I would have years ago. With Conley getting old, and I think in the last year of his contract, trading for a PG like Trae or Dejounte would be a good idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd shop KAT, but I would have years ago. With Conley getting old, and I think in the last year of his contract, trading for a PG like Trae or Dejounte would be a good idea.
    KAT has his question marks, and is 27, not just some kid anymore. but it would be a really big goof if they end up having to sell him off because off the gobert trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT has his question marks, and is 27, not just some kid anymore. but it would be a really big goof if they end up having to sell him off because off the gobert trade
    I've never believed in him. He's always been a weak ass Kentucky center. He's ludicrously expensive now and is a failure in the playoffs. I don't understand why he's still valued the way he is. I'd get a nice guard and flexibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never believed in him. He's always been a weak ass Kentucky center. He's ludicrously expensive now and is a failure in the playoffs. I don't understand why he's still valued the way he is. I'd get a nice guard and flexibility.
    my spider sense keeps telling me there will be a Trae/KAT swap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still need a healthy, big season from Devin to say it's a slam dunk but yeah I'd rather pay him that money than McDaniels (who I also really like tbh).

I'd be shocked if KAT is on the Wolves next year as it would mean they made a really deep playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaden McDaniels is nowhere near the player Devin is

Post Count
    Hopefully he takes the next leap

Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always maintained that vassell could be pacers Paul George. Very similar game. But 2 inches shorter.
    it took me five seconds to find this one DAF86

and there are plenty more aside from this one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to play at that level, for sure that is an expensive contract taking a lot of space for the future. I think that he has the potential to be good but right now he lacks consistency.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waste of money

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Catching up on Spurs moves. Helps me to see why they are sucking so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really hoping his game would have taken another step this year, but he looks basically the same as last year including the regressed defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never saw why he deserved more than Keldon or DeJounte on his 1st contract extension. I said it when it happened that Vassell hasn't proved to be worth that money yet. I was hoping he would prove me wrong but he seems like the same injury prone okish player he was last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never saw why he deserved more than Keldon or DeJounte on his 1st contract extension. I said it when it happened that Vassell hasn't proved to be worth that money yet. I was hoping he would prove me wrong but he seems like the same injury prone okish player he was last year.
    dejounte got his extension after only playing 2 seasons where he was meh. apparently looked like a different player in camp in year 3, looked good in preseason but also tore his ACL. they took a pretty big gamble on him and paid him as though he had a breakout season.

another part of it is just rising cap, so the numbers are never going to look the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really hoping his game would have taken another step this year, but he looks basically the same as last year including the regressed defense
    Agree. And not only that but for as much as they paid him he really doesn't do anything besides score. If he's having an off shooting night he basically does nothing else. Doesn't playmake much. Doesn't make those impact plays like White did. He does nothing off ball. He rarely is able to beat his man and constantly takes step backs or fadeaways. He also forgot how to play defense after his rookie season. Contract isnt looking good at all thus far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pssss overpaid as , is this a joke?
    Barely decent player sure, but 146M?
    Lonzo Ball without his dad and the stupid publicity stunts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not mad at this. Not everyone takes a team discount but he better start consistently playing on the other side of the ball to justify this.
    Update: He hasn't.

Admission: I was once amongst his biggest supporters and approving of him being our draft pick. I think playing with Wemby has exposed the weaknesses in his game. Not ready to entirely give up on him but he's starting to look like a bit of a ball hawk (certainly not in the vane of Spurs recent pass happy history) unaware he's playing with EZBuckets on his team. Worst yet, he doesn't appear to be even close to a defensive anchor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any team would pay Devin that money if he were a free agent next offseason.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Any team would pay Devin that money if he were a free agent next offseason.
    Except the Spurs. They probably wouldn't make that same move knowing what they know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information