Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im glad the Spurs listened to me. I was the only poster that said not to max him. Everyone else was freaking out and said supermax him and I said he wasn’t worth it
    You are not the only one who was against giving him the supermax. I was also against it at that time. Pull up the old Kawhi threads and you will see me fighting with a bunch of people in here about not giving Kawhi the supermax.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im glad the Spurs listened to me. I was the only poster that said not to max him. Everyone else was freaking out and said supermax him and I said he wasn’t worth it
    maxing him was definitely the right thing to do. Remember the salary cap hadn’t exploded then. You got the 2019 le and then the bubble in 2020. He was fully healthy for those. You got two seasons basically of prime kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about when Brian Wright allegedly called Kawhi a pussy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Klaw into the Flaw. He just needs one more solid year to give his uncle and family the golden parachute contract to end his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maxing him was definitely the right thing to do. Remember the salary cap hadn’t exploded then. You got the 2019 le and then the bubble in 2020. He was fully healthy for those. You got two seasons basically of prime kawhi.
    He hasn’t played more than 60 games since he left, and especially not in the playoffs when the Clippers needed him the most. Come on, the guy doesn’t want to play through pain. It sounds bad, but that’s what winners do when championships are on the line. They suck it up. Kawhi would sit it out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about when Brian Wright allegedly called Kawhi a pussy?
    Quote should read "what about when Brian Wright said the quiet part out loud and told the truth" tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly I said we dodged a bullet

The only thing is he dragged the good name of the Spurs, calling the medical staff bad, lied, sabotaged a possible haul had he cooperated, etc, etc. But I’m over that. Him leaving got into the situation we were and eventually led to tanking and drafting Wemby. Getting Wemby means the basketball gods are still smiling at us, Sochan, Vassell and the bench, young and perfect timeline. The planets are aligning again. I wonder who that coach would be eventually, Manu?? That would be awesome.
    True but in the end none of that mattered. Every single person universally says Wemby could not have gone to a better team. I have not heard one person say 'actually how do we know this is even going to work last time the spurs had a superstar player he left the team hid from them and demanded a trade"

Literal everyone involved in basketball just acts like that whole Kawhi breakup never even happened and everyone views it as all the spurs have to do is put the pieces around wemby, then set back, and profit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with kawhi tbh. Hes sitting bc his body is broken down just like the Spurs docs told him. Hes not 'saving himself' for the playoffs lol. He legit can't play
    You're right. When he tries to ramp things up for the playoffs, every year, he always gets hurt. He's a 40-games a year guy, with limited minutes, and anything else breaks him down. That's all his body can take. Maybe 1,200 minutes a year.

Or, said another way, he likes to keep his pay above $42,000 per minute on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, he IS the poster child for load management. Founder and CEO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t that what the spurs doctor said four years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's cooked. Could have gotten another good 2 years of quality out of him had he not been a but his ship is sinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with kawhi tbh. Hes sitting bc his body is broken down just like the Spurs docs told him. Hes not 'saving himself' for the playoffs lol. He legit can't play
    Nah, Kawhi is just a pussy like what Wright said. Other players play through pain if it what it takes. They suck it up, but Kawhi would rather sit it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Kawhi is just a pussy like what Wright said. Other players play through pain if it what it takes. They suck it up, but Kawhi would rather sit it out
    I believe that the actual fracture with the Spurs happened earlier than believed by fans and the media. I remember reading that the Spurs pretty much knew the situation, and they told him that he would have to play through pain, and that other players had. He has never seemed willing to do so, which might have led to Wright’s remarks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe that the actual fracture with the Spurs happened earlier than believed by fans and the media. I remember reading that the Spurs pretty much knew the situation, and they told him that he would have to play through pain, and that other players had. He has never seemed willing to do so, which might have led to Wright’s remarks.
    Exactly! Other players like the late Kobe Bryant played through pain because his team needed him. Isiah hobbled through game 6 of the 1988 NBA Finals and scored 25 pts in the 3rd quarter to get the Pistons up by 2. The Pistons eventually lost, but they lost fighting. Kawhi would not do that, even when the Clippers could’ve used him in the playoffs, not with the Spurs when Tony was already back from a major injury and trying to win. Nah, not Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got his Toronto championship, but he will never shed his label as a pussy and an asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the Spurs docs tell this clown years ago that his body was trash and he would need to be load managed his entire career? And then he just used that as an excuse to bail and on our team rather than just state he wanted to go home to LA. Nephew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the Spurs docs tell this clown years ago that his body was trash and he would need to be load managed his entire career? And then he just used that as an excuse to bail and on our team rather than just state he wanted to go home to LA. Nephew
    They told him he would have to pay through pain, and he declined, both in SA and on every subsequent stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They told him he would have to pay through pain, and he declined, both in SA and on every subsequent stop.
    Yup he can play but he just doesn’t want to. Steve Nash had to inject epidural on his messed-up back every game. How long did Larry Legend suffered from backpain before he could it quits? Ka-Wuzz is a pussy

Thread Information