Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ge...ormone-therapy

Planned Parenthood is one of the largest providers of cross-sex hormones in the United States, and one of the fastest growing. Affiliates in the greater Portland area saw a nearly 400 percent increase in "gender-affirming care visits" between 2021 and 2022, according to their annual reports, while those in Ohio saw a 544 percent increase over the same period. Hormones now appear to be in higher demand than abortion at some branches: A Planned Parenthood in Knoxville, Tenn., told NPR that nearly a fifth of its patients sought hormone therapy in 2021, whereas abortion makes up just 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s services nationally.

This growth has come as pediatric gender clinics, which used to wait months before prescribing hormones, are becoming more laissez faire themselves. Some now prescribe hormones on the first visit, a Reuters investigation found last year, while others say ballooning caseloads have made it harder to conduct the kind of in-depth assessments once standard in the field.

But with Planned Parenthood a constant temptation for older teens, even the most conservative clinics have an incentive to reduce gatekeeping if they don’t want to lose patients. The result, Anderson said, is a race to the bottom that pulls all providers, no matter their philosophy, toward the informed consent model adopted by Planned Parenthood, which doles out life-altering drugs to almost anyone who requests them. And that model has alarmed even the liberal pioneers of gender medicine, who say that some 18-year-olds—especially those with special needs—cannot meaningfully consent to hormones without extensive counseling.

"There are 15-year-olds I work with who are much more mature than average and can make these kinds of decisions," said Edwards-Leeper, who, along with Anderson, has attacked GOP efforts to ban hormone therapy for minors. "But there are also 20-year-olds who are struggling in various ways that make them less able to give informed consent."

These doctors argue that Planned Parenthood, which relies heavily on nurse prac ioners and employs few psychiatrists, is ill-equipped to handle complex cases. Its clinicians are not trained to assess patients’ "developmental trajectory," Anderson said, including the role social media or childhood trauma may be playing in their distress. Nor are they trained to consider the impact of autism, which often co-occurs with gender dysphoria and—according to multiple sets of clinical guidelines—warrants a more cautious approach to hormone therapy.

"Because it is often harder for an adolescent with [autism] to comprehend the long-term risks and implications of gender-related medical interventions," guidelines published in the Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychiatry state, "consenting for treatment may be more complex in this population."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ge...ormone-therapy

Planned Parenthood is one of the largest providers of cross-sex hormones in the United States, and one of the fastest growing. Affiliates in the greater Portland area saw a nearly 400 percent increase in "gender-affirming care visits" between 2021 and 2022, according to their annual reports, while those in Ohio saw a 544 percent increase over the same period. Hormones now appear to be in higher demand than abortion at some branches: A Planned Parenthood in Knoxville, Tenn., told NPR that nearly a fifth of its patients sought hormone therapy in 2021, whereas abortion makes up just 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s services nationally.

This growth has come as pediatric gender clinics, which used to wait months before prescribing hormones, are becoming more laissez faire themselves. Some now prescribe hormones on the first visit, a Reuters investigation found last year, while others say ballooning caseloads have made it harder to conduct the kind of in-depth assessments once standard in the field.

But with Planned Parenthood a constant temptation for older teens, even the most conservative clinics have an incentive to reduce gatekeeping if they don’t want to lose patients. The result, Anderson said, is a race to the bottom that pulls all providers, no matter their philosophy, toward the informed consent model adopted by Planned Parenthood, which doles out life-altering drugs to almost anyone who requests them. And that model has alarmed even the liberal pioneers of gender medicine, who say that some 18-year-olds—especially those with special needs—cannot meaningfully consent to hormones without extensive counseling.

"There are 15-year-olds I work with who are much more mature than average and can make these kinds of decisions," said Edwards-Leeper, who, along with Anderson, has attacked GOP efforts to ban hormone therapy for minors. "But there are also 20-year-olds who are struggling in various ways that make them less able to give informed consent."

These doctors argue that Planned Parenthood, which relies heavily on nurse prac ioners and employs few psychiatrists, is ill-equipped to handle complex cases. Its clinicians are not trained to assess patients’ "developmental trajectory," Anderson said, including the role social media or childhood trauma may be playing in their distress. Nor are they trained to consider the impact of autism, which often co-occurs with gender dysphoria and—according to multiple sets of clinical guidelines—warrants a more cautious approach to hormone therapy.

"Because it is often harder for an adolescent with [autism] to comprehend the long-term risks and implications of gender-related medical interventions," guidelines published in the Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychiatry state, "consenting for treatment may be more complex in this population."
    Why did you link planned parenthood and not the article site

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just clipped part of it.

If you want to read the whole link it's https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/p...ing-the-alarm/

It was a link on drudge

I didn't realize you had such an interest in transitioning. Might be good for you though. You might finally get lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    copy/pasting articles from PJ Media and Free Beacon without attribution or comment, like an unbiased free-thinker does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    copy/pasting articles from PJ Media and Free Beacon without attribution or comment, like an unbiased free-thinker does
    Do you dispute the facts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you want to read the whole link it's https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/p...ing-the-alarm/

It was a link on drudge

I didn't realize you had such an interest in transitioning. Might be good for you though. You might finally get lucky.
    This is your thread that you're interested in, not mine. Either disingenuous or weird that you posted planned parenthood link but not article link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was a link on drudge

Blake you've got to admit you walked right into that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize you were this interested

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize you were this interested
    I hadn't realized that Planned Parenthood" had become Transition Central. Guess it makes sense. the He/She's wouldn't be breeding and making babies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake you've got to admit you walked right into that one.
    You do the same thing. Start a thread and then when someone calls you out, you try to reverse call them out on your topic that you started.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & you only get 1 of them, unless you're Trump..."And I'll be back again, and again, and again.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do the same thing. Start a thread and then when someone calls you out, you try to reverse call them out on your topic that you started.
    Never.
    I only respond to cut n paste factual accusations, otherwise they are simply False Charge Chunkos.

And lighten up Francis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, just wondering what your take on them is.

does the article speak for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & you only get 1 of them, unless you're Trump..."And I'll be back again, and again, and again.........
    Trump is transitioning?

Holy phuck who got to him, Caitlyn Jenner?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never.
    I only respond to cut n paste factual accusations, otherwise they are simply False Charge Chunkos.

And lighten up Francis.
    Blake got lit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale I just did a cup along with steel cut oatmeal and walnuts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale I just did a cup along with steel cut oatmeal and walnuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems a bit outside Planned Parenthood's wheelhouse, and not having staff trained to purpose would seem like an obvious problem.

the innuendo that PP is handing out hormones willy-nilly to teens seems not well supported in your excerpt, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, just wondering what your take on them is.

does the article speak for you?
    see post #10

And yeah I think it's ing irresponsible to give a kid transition drugs just because they asked for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see post #10

And yeah I think it's ing irresponsible to give a kid transition drugs just because they asked for them.
    is there any evidence in the article that Planned Parenthood is doing so? be specific, if you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the ratio of adults to teens accessing the services? seems fishy for you to leave that fact out, if it's in the article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are the raw numbers here?

if you're content to stand pat on Free Beacon pushing your buttons and not dig any deeper, that tells us everything we need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are the raw numbers here?
    If it interests you then look it up yourself, whinehole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look it up yourself, whinehole.
    if you're content to stand pat on Free Beacon pushing your buttons and not dig any deeper, that tells us everything we need to know.

Thread Information