Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2859
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That says that he brokered work visas for Gazans through Egypt. Walk me through how we get from there to the amphibious landings, coordinated strikes, and kidnapping network.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you gloss over the role of Hamas again. You cannot even consider it.
    Sure I can. Hamas attacked Israel on October 7th.

Does that justify indiscriminate carpet bombing of civilians?

Gaza is tiny as we have discussed. Let refugees into Egypt, uncomplicate the human shield component of combat and most importantly make sure those refugees get food, water, and health care. Once Hamas has been deposed then to me the best thing is to help those people rebuild their homes.
    "Let" the refugees into Egypt, then "let" them return en masse to a cratered out moonscape and "help them rebuild."

Who will be doing this "letting" and "rebuilding?"

I don't see Israel letting millions of Gazans back after getting them all out, let alone helping them rebuild, but I could be wrong.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"Let" the refugees into Egypt, then "let" them return en masse to a cratered out moonscape and "help them rebuild."

I don't see Israel letting millions of Gazans back after getting them all out, let alone helping them rebuild, but I could be wrong.
    ...only if Biden says so and has CNN to back him 100%. He has CNN in his back pocketPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I already discussed a coalition including the Sunni states. There will be a power vacuum.

And yeah the Egyptians have national sovereignty and would need to consent to that happening. Let seemed an appropriate word choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already discussed a coalition including the Sunni states. There will be a power vacuum.

And yeah the Egyptians have national sovereignty and would need to consent to that happening. Let seemed an appropriate word choice.
    Thanks for fleshing out what you meant. Sounds pie in the sky to me, but who knows what the will happen.

I notice you ducked a direct question, though. Do you think Hamas's Oct 7th attack justifies carpet bombing Gaza like Hamburg and Dresden?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for fleshing out what you meant. Sounds pie in the sky to me, but who knows what the will happen.

I notice you ducked a direct question, though. Do you think Hamas's Oct 7th attack justifies carpet bombing Gaza like Hamburg and Dresden?
    I think that is a gross oversimplification with a gratuitous characterization baked into it's premise. I do not know the exact nature of the combat on the ground. I know that there is street to street fighting though for example.

So in answer your question, no I do not think that Dresden fire bombing is justified by any one thing. At the same time I do not think that the set of decisions that have taken place over the past couple of months that resulted said destruction are that oversimplified.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That says that he brokered work visas for Gazans through Egypt.
    Year after year, successive Netanyahu cabinets approved moves that had the effect of easing pressure on Hamas: Israel agreed to periodic prisoner releases, the transfer of money from Qatar to pay public salaries in Gaza, improve infrastructure and, critics say, fund Hamas military operations.

The prime minister hoped to prevent any reconciliation between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, even when the two sides came close to rapprochement in 2018.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-israel-gaza/

Walk me through how we get from there to the amphibious landings, coordinated strikes, and kidnapping network.
    Why would I walk you through something I never claimed?

Hamas existed and said they were going to do such things to destroy Israel. Netanyahu wanted to keep Hamas existing to prevent any unification of Palestinians under one governmental authority.

The face-eating leopard ate his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that is a gross oversimplification with a gratuitous characterization baked into it's premise. I do not know the exact nature of the combat on the ground. I know that there is street to street fighting though for example.

So in answer your question, no I do not think that Dresden fire bombing is justified by any one thing. At the same time I do not think that the set of decisions that have taken place over the past couple of months that resulted said destruction are that oversimplified.
    It's not that complicated. Netanyahu is pandering to the popular demand for bloody revenge and trying to make up for his own incompetence by wrecking Gaza. Beyond that, I don't think Netanyahu or the the war cabinet have any idea what they're going to do. Nor is it a given that they'll eliminate Hamas, either as a fighting force or an ideology.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ma niga moon with Omnious warnings. If israel invades gaza (and chance of that is near 100%), its basically WW3 for sure.

"If Israel makes, as announced, a ground attack on Gaza, Hizbullah in Lebanon is likely to attack Israel. The U.S. has allegedly let Syria know (via France) that Damascus, and President Assad personally, would be attacked if that were to happen. This is a miscalculation. It is far from certain that Assad, or even Iran, has the means to hold Hizbullah back.

A U.S. attack on the government of Syria would bring Russia into the war. Iran would also respond which is exactly what some of the neocons want.

The war could easily escalate further from there."

- israel invades gaza
    - lebanon attacks israel
    - US hits Syria and kills Assad
    - Iran and russia jump in

ce la vi

enjoy the weekend nigs
    Hater with his failed predictions.

How is everyone doing post WW3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Year after year, successive Netanyahu cabinets approved moves that had the effect of easing pressure on Hamas: Israel agreed to periodic prisoner releases, the transfer of money from Qatar to pay public salaries in Gaza, improve infrastructure and, critics say, fund Hamas military operations.

The prime minister hoped to prevent any reconciliation between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, even when the two sides came close to rapprochement in 2018.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-israel-gaza/

Why would I walk you through something I never claimed?

Hamas existed and said they were going to do such things to destroy Israel. Netanyahu wanted to keep Hamas existing to prevent any unification of Palestinians under one governmental authority.

The face-eating leopard ate his face.
    Okay so he was continuing the divide and conquer strategy. I thought you had a point in the broader conflict other than Netanyahu sucks which no one disagrees with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that complicated. Netanyahu is pandering to the popular demand for bloody revenge and trying to make up for his own incompetence by wrecking Gaza. Beyond that, I don't think Netanyahu or the the war cabinet have any idea what they're going to do. Nor is it a given that they'll eliminate Hamas, either as a fighting force or an ideology.
    That is some interesting motivational analysis given nonexistent access. If you want to talk about the tactics and strategy as it as actually playing out then great. If you want to turn it into an unprovable soap opera then I don't know what to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay so he was continuing the divide and conquer strategy. I thought you had a point in the broader conflict other than Netanyahu sucks which no one disagrees with.
    My point was exactly what I said. continue your war on posters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is some interesting motivational analysis given nonexistent access. If you want to talk about the tactics and strategy as it as actually playing out then great. If you want to turn it into an unprovable soap opera then I don't know what to tell you.
    I was talking about the politics, but even so, it seems odd to exclude the political motivations/interests of Netanyahu and the war cabinet from discussion about the war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was exactly what I said. continue your war on posters.
    You made an innuendo about Netanyahu's intentions. I asked what you meant.

As for your war, I like to argue. Sorry if that makes you feel under assault but I am on topic.

I respect wine. They do not get upset when challenged or hold a grudge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You made an innuendo about Netanyahu's intentions. I asked what you meant.
    No. I made no innuendo. It's a simple matter of fact. You're welcome for the enlightenment.

As for your war, I like to argue. Sorry if that makes you feel under assault but I am on topic.

I respect wine. They do not get upset when challenged or hold a grudge.
    You hold multiple grudges and you fight for no reason whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes one wonder why Netanyahu made moves to support Hamas before all this happened.
    in·nu·en·do
    an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

shall I explain how the term applies to the phrase "makes one wonder?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in·nu·en·do
    an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

Sorry, I didn't know you were so ignorant.

I'll adjust my word choice whenever I see you in a thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    in·nu·en·do

Lumps & Dumps no longer sittin' in-a-tree.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater with his failed predictions.

How is everyone doing post WW3?
    Some things remain extremely predictable.
    Hater being humiliated and wrong.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel getting down and dirty with the coverage and press releases to the UN.
    The rapes via the gangs within Hamas factions with absolutely horrible torture rape and then mutilating the bodies of Israeli women.
    Torture, desecrate, kill. Not a good combination to show the world. Some of these Hamas monsters were doing similar things to Palestinians.
    Israel has again shown the world the recipe for creating monsters. (No country is entirely without this recipe) Keep people poor and surround them with violence, generation to generation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wonder what has you so worked up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lumps & Dumps no longer sittin' in-a-tree.
    Bibi will do that to you

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Some things remain extremely predictable.
    Hater being humiliated and wrong.
    ...and Trump making President. He caught ya's sleeping at the gate, rushed it with those blooded boys and set Hillary's top rung on that curb..."Now, say good night."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bibi will do that to you
    Matzel, matzel.

Thread Information