Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh when people say doping they're referring to PEDs
    That’s literally as annoying as the misuse of ‘literally’ when you mean figuratively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young men in their early twenties putting on mass. Shocking.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not as if they look any different.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and look at vassell last year. He was already big.

Oh, and doping doesn’t make you big, it increases your oxygen carrying ability, so your endurance increases.
    Yes, I was comparing him to videos and highlights of last year. Also -- why quote my entire post when you didn't actually read it? In any event, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but wanted to raise the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doping is adding extra red blood cells to your circulatory system to enhance oxygen processing, increasing speed and endurance. It’s not the same thing as PEDs.
    Blood doping is a very specific thing

doping is a much broader term. If someone says “my dad caught me smoking dope” what do you think they’re referring to?

doping in sports generally is referring to any PEDs. Russias Olympic doping scandal included use of steroids. The anti doping agency is out against all PEDs

you are mistaken in thinking blood doping is the only accurate use of the term

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean in JUCO baseball there are steroids and PEDS and “vitamins” galore. There’s too much money on the line not to be on something. Not everybody does it. I’m not saying that. But from what I know, being young doesn’t matter when it comes to taking the stuff. I just find it fishy that baseball is the only pro sport where this is prevalent. Doesn’t pass the sniff test

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA should investigate the Kevin Tran doping allegations and get him banned. The guy is obviously juicing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's wild to me that teens/early 20 guys put on muscle mass and you all immediately jump to doping.

For starters, have you guys never spent the better part of a summer working out in your younger years? I put on a ton of muscle, in one summer my bench almost doubled, my squat went up by 2.25x, and my deadlift went up almost double.

And that's a random kid in a ty high school weight room in the middle of nowhere, eating fast food and not really even trying to max out capabilities. I went from scrawny to ripped in less than 120 days and put on 15+ pounds of muscle.

Even without a single PED, I can't fathom the kind of transformation possible with a professional team around you getting paid millions to monitor every aspect of your health and 5+ star level chefs cooking meals for you, and access to some of the best performance facilities money can buy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember JJ Red talking about how the offseason was the one time you could actually put on weight because practices and games burn so many calories and wear you down so much when you're playing starter's minutes. This is the first time in a long time Wemby has had 3 months away from playing compe ive basketball (while healthy) so I'm not surprised he could put on muscle much more effectively here than at any other time of his career. Especially with a good NBA training staff behind him. Maybe he does use PEDs; I don't really know the extent to which they're used by the league. But it seems like jumping the gun to act like it's the most probable way Wemby could have added 15 pounds of muscle when he's a world class athlete.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-09-2023 at 12:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I was comparing him to videos and highlights of last year. Also -- why quote my entire post when you didn't actually read it? In any event, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but wanted to raise the question.
    Your original post kind of sounds like you’re accusing them of something. I didn’t see other possible reasons presented, just that there’s a chance you’re Lance Armstrong and the guilt is driving this thread topic.

I’d say zero chance these guys are doping.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there are athletes regardless of sport that would do whatever to gain an advantage. There are also a lot that would choose not to but then would do it anyway because they feel they have too to keep up. So much money on the line to provide justification.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all about the $. You gonna say no to taking care of your mom, your family, etc because you don't want to get swoll?

Thread Information