Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A: They both completely ignore the fact that the State of Michigan even exists.

The Lions are 4-1, and, in my opinion, the second best team in the NFC -- maybe in football -- behind the 49ers.

If the Niners don't get injured, they will go 20-0, but let's face it-- they play a very brazen, physical, brash brand of football. Stars will get hurt, even if it's not the QB this time. They get injuries every year.

I'm picking the Lions to win the Super Bowl this year. Nobody even has them in their top 10 NFL teams right now, and it's outright criminal. They're very well coached and very dynamic on both sides of the football.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    lol There's no way the Lions are winning the Superbowl.

Not because they aren't good, they are, but because they are the ing Lions. They are not going to go from sucking for almost their entire existence to winning the SB as soon as they make the playoffs.

It will take a special kind of team/player for the Lions to lose their virginity and, as good as this team is, they just aren't it, tbh.

Also, speaking of ignored teams, why the do folks always love to act as if the Chiefs aren't going to be right there in the thick of things when the season ends?

I heard Mike Florio yesterday saying these Niners are built to "blowout" the Chiefs. Can anybody tell in which way are these Niners built different from the team that Mahomes spanked last season? Yeah, I know Purdy is an upgrade over Crappopolo but Bosa, Warner, Hufanga, Greenlaw, Ward, etc. were all there when Mahomes hanged 44 on them, tbh.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Not because they aren't good, they are, but because they are the ing Lions. They are not going to go from sucking for almost their entire existence to winning the SB as soon as they make the playoffs.

It will take a special kind of team/player for the Lions to lose their virginity and, as good as this team is, they just aren't it, tbh.

Also, speaking of ignored teams, why the do folks always love to act as if the Chiefs aren't going to be right there in the thick of things when the season ends?

I heard Mike Florio yesterday saying these Niners are built to "blowout" the Chiefs. Can anybody tell in which way are these Niners built different from the team that Mahomes spanked last season? Yeah, I know Purdy is an upgrade over Crappopolo but Bosa, Warner, Hufanga, Greenlaw, Ward, etc. were all there when Mahomes hanged 44 on them, tbh.
    Your point about the Lions is stupid. Plenty of teams gave gone from zero to hero in one season. It's the NFL, not the NBA. The NFL is a very year-to-year league.

I agree with you about the Chiefs, though. Absolutely they should be everyone's AFC pick and it isn't close at the moment, particularly with Burrow dealing with the calf injury. Also, I'm so sick and fed up and tired of all the Buffalo suckers. Glad they're getting a little humbled this year by the truth that their circle jerk messiah Trash Allen really actually isn't as good as they all jacked him off to be. Without Tredavius White AND Matt Milano for the year, they'll have to win shootouts to win football games in 2023 and their QB is Jeckyll and Hyde AT BEST. It's time to put that sorry franchise, in that corner of New York that literally nobody cares about, out of their misery tbh.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

On paper, their defense should match up quite well. They don't need to blitz much, but Mahomes is pretty evasive and doesn't panic (like Dak) and the Niners secondary can break down and give up plays if they are extended. But that is why they play the games

Thread Information