Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Chet is two years older, his team is much better, and his responsibilities for what okc needs him to do are way different than what the spurs need wemby to do. OKC just needs chet to make open 3s and be tall under the rim. Spurs need Wemby to do everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The French Phenom vs Amish Teen Wolf for years to come

I was thinking of him as a giant leprechaun but Amish Teen Wolf is much better,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what I saw from Wemby but Chet put up the better, more efficient numbers. His team also won, which is what matters the most. Im not sure how often Chet guarded Wemby but we know Collins couldnt handle Chet. That was embarrassing.
    a preseason win matters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a dominant defensive presence. And he just dropped 20 in 15 minutes. He’s still very young and will get better. We’re not watching a finished product. He’s definitely a high end talent. I liked him #1 last year.
    i probably liked him at #1 also but Orlando's not regretting anything at the moment. Banchero is the real deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give Chet and OKC their props. Their team is in a great situation to improve quickly or let it grow naturally. Chet is a really good player and barring injuries will get even better. Even in college he was pretty tough and physical for being a skinny guy. Gotta love his grit.

we definitely need more talent around Victor and his situation is definitely easier than Victor’s. I think Victor is up to the challenge of making us a championship contender again soon though. I look forward to those guys future battles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a preseason win matters?
    No, not preseason.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give Chet and OKC their props. Their team is in a great situation to improve quickly or let it grow naturally. Chet is a really good player and barring injuries will get even better. Even in college he was pretty tough and physical for being a skinny guy. Gotta love his grit.
    Watch Durant try to go ring chase there in a year or two when it keeps failing in Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's vibe reminds me a bit of Morrison but he plays a lot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not wishing him any harm but Chet could be the one with the injury issues. At 21, he's still really thin while wemby already got stronger this summer at 19.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Talent-wise, and draft capital-wise, OKC is in an amazing position. Spurs are definitely trailing them in overall depth...for now.
    The thing I'm wondering is if they will be too good with Wemby to reach anything but low lottery. But at least they do draft really well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC had KD, WB, Harden and Ibaka and amounted to zero rings. OKC might look good on paper now, but I’ll put my money on Pop and the Spurs to develop Wemby and Co as championship contenders vs Chet and Co. The Spurs has 5 rings to show for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC had KD, WB, Harden and Ibaka and amounted to zero rings. OKC might look good on paper now, but I’ll put my money on Pop and the Spurs to develop Wemby and Co as championship contenders vs Chet and Co. The Spurs has 5 rings to show for it.
    History bears out that somebody -and we probably don't know who at this point- will blow up and become a yearly legit All Star in their own right and play next to Wemby and/or Chet.

I'm hopeful there is a relatively or even complete unknown today who will become GNob - Parker to Wemby in the next 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I've pointed it out before. Presti nails those high-top picks and can nail some later picks - Steven Adams was an incredible pick - and he seems to be doing small pick-ups now that are working, but closing the deal has been hard. It's hard for everybody. It's still astounding that a Harden-Durant-Westbrook core could only make it to the Finals once and they got destroyed. But every one of those players is questionable in their grit.

SGA-Chet-Giddey look really good. J Will was a fantastic pick. Cason could be a great pick. But what's next? It still feels like something is missing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I've pointed it out before. Presti nails those high-top picks and can nail some later picks - Steven Adams was an incredible pick - and he seems to be doing small pick-ups now that are working, but closing the deal has been hard. It's hard for everybody. It's still astounding that a Harden-Durant-Westbrook core could only make it to the Finals once and they got destroyed. But every one of those players is questionable in their grit.

SGA-Chet-Giddey look really good. J Will was a fantastic pick. Cason could be a great pick. But what's next? It still feels like something is missing.
    harden/durant/westbrook trio only played together for 3 seasons, well before any of them were in their primes

made the playoffs in their first year together, lost in 7 in the second round in year 2, and lost in the finals in year 3. then harden left. when they disbanded, Harden was 23, Westbrook was 23, and Durant was 24

to me the criticism isnt how OKC management managed to botch that trio, by prioritizing kendrick perkins over james harden

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    harden/durant/westbrook trio only played together for 3 seasons, well before any of them were in their primes

made the playoffs in their first year together, lost in 7 in the second round in year 2, and lost in the finals in year 3. then harden left. when they disbanded, Harden was 23, Westbrook was 23, and Durant was 24

to me the criticism isnt how OKC management managed to botch that trio, by prioritizing kendrick perkins over james harden
    The only party truly to blame is the okc owner. He chose to be cheap.i hope that franchise is never good. SGA will get a super max, then they’ll balk again when the other guys are up for their big contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only party truly to blame is the okc owner. He chose to be cheap.i hope that franchise is never good. SGA will get a super max, then they’ll balk again when the other guys are up for their big contracts.
    Once again, Harden was leaving no matter what. Keep in mind he wasn't a starter in that team and not everyone is Manu. Harden wanted to be DA man in a big market team, with the perspective of bigger contracts donw the road. Not the kind of guys to "sacrifice" cash or personal accolades. He got his MVP trophy that he wasn't getting in OKC and there wasn't enoug room in that team for prime Russ and Harden respective egos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is like a guy from The Hills Have Eyes.

Vic is like a guy from a sleek Parisian thriller like Ronin.
    I agree, Chet looks like a freak from a horror movie
    Last edited by Rocalcio; 10-13-2023 at 04:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really like that OKC team. I think the move they have left to make is a consolidation trade for a blue chipper once they decide to go for it. Two of their young non-core players and 2 FRP would get them someone awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, Harden was leaving no matter what. Keep in mind he wasn't a starter in that team and not everyone is Manu. Harden wanted to be DA man in a big market team, with the perspective of bigger contracts donw the road. Not the kind of guys to "sacrifice" cash or personal accolades. He got his MVP trophy that he wasn't getting in OKC and there wasn't enoug room in that team for prime Russ and Harden respective egos
    You make it sound like Harden forced his way out, when it was just the Thunder not wanting to pay for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many variables in predicting who will end up being better but I will say this, in the future these two teams should be battling for the prize annually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make it sound like Harden forced his way out, when it was just the Thunder not wanting to pay for him.
    I doesn't make it sound like it, that is what happened. Forget the "bro" public stories, Harden wanted to leave and his own team. I believe we know enough of the guy now to understand that, as one of the most egotic, self-centered player in NBA history who asked out 4 times in his career and just threw a GM under the bus, there's no way he was OK not to start and split his stats/glory with Russ and KD... Harden wanted to be the star of his own team on a big market, and he wanted the MVP trophies that he wasn't getting in OKC... But people can believe if they want that James "me, myself and I" Harden was OK to spend his prime years as 3rd banana on a small market team.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Chet makes it through the year without a serious injury. He's a flopper and looks frail as compared to Wemby.

Wemby is much better.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden was fine playing sixth man and seemed to embrace all the Manu comparisons. OKC wanted to pay him sixth man money though when he was a clear max player, so of course he left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doesn't make it sound like it, that is what happened. Forget the "bro" public stories, Harden wanted to leave and his own team. I believe we know enough of the guy now to understand that, as one of the most egotic, self-centered player in NBA history who asked out 4 times in his career and just threw a GM under the bus, there's no way he was OK not to start and split his stats/glory with Russ and KD... Harden wanted to be the star of his own team on a big market, and he wanted the MVP trophies that he wasn't getting in OKC... But people can believe if they want that James "me, myself and I" Harden was OK to spend his prime years as 3rd banana on a small market team.
    Harden was in no position to force his way out at that point. The team simply didn't want to pay him and went with Kendrick Perkins instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he just wanted to be paid as a starter. They were in contract negotiations and he ended up wanting out since they were a few million a year off

Thread Information