Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    oh yeah, all those nice luxury apartments all along DNT near Addison Circle are dindu-infested. If you look at Google Reviews of those places, pretty much all of them will show a picture of stolen tires or windows smashed within the first three reviews. I just can't figure out what the happened in the 2010's that brought so many of them up into Dallas? They used to stay south of I-30. Only thing I can see from personal experience is that there's a massive push to hire Tyrone for any entry level, low risk STEM position as long as he doesn't completely sh!t on himself during the interview.
    This is the part I don’t get either.

In 2017 - most of 2019 I was still living in Uptown as the dindus invaded and I didn’t understand where they were coming from or really how the could afford it. The Tyrones I saw out at night definitely weren’t the types who could afford $2200 a month for an apartment on McKinney, but they were out getting bottle service n sheeeeeit.

I think a lot of them are the types who have entry level jobs selling insurance that pay like $35k a year and they’re living up to their eyeballs in debt so they could go thuggin n buggin at the same clubs that Zeke used to go to

The restaurant Moxies at the Crescent in particular looked like an African tribal festival on the weekends.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And remarkably the same thing happened when I was in DC. When I first moved to DC in late 2019 the area I was in was very gentrified and very white, but as things started to open up from COVID the Jamals started moving into my apartment and it made no sense how they could afford to pay the same rent I was paying.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And remarkably the same thing happened when I was in DC. When I first moved to DC in late 2019 the area I was in was very gentrified and very white, but as things started to open up from COVID the Jamals started moving into my apartment and it made no sense how they could afford to pay the same rent I was paying.
    and I'll bet the crime rate increased as well,,,,less white, more minorities,,,crime rate skyrockets,,,,. Its not rocket science that a nice white suburban neighborhood house sales are through the roof,,,,,someone please show me a black neighborhood where houses are on the premium for sales and price,,,,

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    and I'll bet the crime rate increased as well,,,,less white, more minorities,,,crime rate skyrockets,,,,. Its not rocket science that a nice white suburban neighborhood house sales are through the roof,,,,,someone please show me a black neighborhood where houses are on the premium for sales and price,,,,
    Crime was definitely up but you’re going too far speaking in generalities.

There are countless suburban neighborhoods in the Atlanta area with a significant black population where housing prices have skyrocketed.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah, all those nice luxury apartments all along DNT near Addison Circle are dindu-infested. If you look at Google Reviews of those places, pretty much all of them will show a picture of stolen tires or windows smashed within the first three reviews. I just can't figure out what the happened in the 2010's that brought so many of them up into Dallas? They used to stay south of I-30. Only thing I can see from personal experience is that there's a massive push to hire Tyrone for any entry level, low risk STEM position as long as he doesn't completely sh!t on himself during the interview.
    Almost every apartment is a "luxury apartment" now. But usually if you see a massive influx of a certain type it's cause your place started taking government assistance. The last time that happened to me I was fortunate enough my lease was ending but a couple white people just straight broke theirs

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Almost every apartment is a "luxury apartment" now. But usually if you see a massive influx of a certain type it's cause your place started taking government assistance. The last time that happened to me I was fortunate enough my lease was ending but a couple white people just straight broke theirs
    yeah that’s how it was last time I lived in the Big D (Addison). My apartment was great, I was on the border of Addison/Far North Dallas . Place was great at first and then within a 3 month span, the 13 percent started flooding in, and every weekend I saw another whitey loading up the last of his stuff in a Uhaul and beelining out of there. Uptick in constant weed smells, subwoofer thumping, packages stolen, the usual etc…I was like you in that my lease ended just in time. Place looked like an East African warzone by the time I left. Supposedly a building burned down shortly after I left and homeless started coming in and squatting

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yeah that’s how it was last time I lived in the Big D (Addison). My apartment was great, I was on the border of Addison/Far North Dallas . Place was great at first and then within a 3 month span, the 13 percent started flooding in, and every weekend I saw another whitey loading up the last of his stuff in a Uhaul and beelining out of there. Uptick in constant weed smells, subwoofer thumping, packages stolen, the usual etc…I was like you in that my lease ended just in time. Place looked like an East African warzone by the time I left. Supposedly a building burned down shortly after I left and homeless started coming in and squatting
    I had no idea, Mark. GD nightmare.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The homeless issue in Uptown was getting out of control too when I left. I couldn’t walk to the convenience store that was 0.1 miles from my apartment without getting harassed for change by multiple bums (and as you can expect they were almost always hidden figures).

Highland Park and University Park becoming their own incorporated city during the civil rights movement was a brilliant move in how much it insulated those neighborhoods from all of this. Just look at the contrast between public schools in Highland Park and Preston Hollow. Highland Park High School is a great school that all the families in the area send their kids to while Hillcrest High was destroyed by bussing and as a result Preston Hollow families send their kids to private / charter schools rather than a school that’s only 10% white because it busses the lunchtime rowdies in from Vickery Meadow.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The homeless issue in Uptown was getting out of control too when I left. I couldn’t walk to the convenience store that was 0.1 miles from my apartment without getting harassed for change by multiple bums (and as you can expect they were almost always hidden figures).

Highland Park and University Park becoming their own incorporated city during the civil rights movement was a brilliant move in how much it insulated those neighborhoods from all of this. Just look at the contrast between public schools in Highland Park and Preston Hollow. Highland Park High School is a great school that all the families in the area send their kids to while Hillcrest High was destroyed by bussing and as a result Preston Hollow families send their kids to private / charter schools rather than a school that’s only 10% white because it busses the lunchtime rowdies in from Vickery Meadow.
    I had no idea, Will. GD nightmare.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You can still live in good places in the Big D but they are rapidly shrinking and you have to pay more and more out the a$$ to get in (atleast $2100/month in rent)

Still it probably evens out anyway…if you pay $1500/month to live in the Tides at Dindu-ville you still have to worry about the “Tyrone Tax” (replacing stolen tires/stolen car, repairing broken windows, packages stolen, paying for the ambulance after getting shot etc)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You can still live in good places in the Big D but they are rapidly shrinking and you have to pay more and more out the a$$ to get in (atleast $2100/month in rent)

Still it probably evens out anyway…if you pay $1500/month to live in the Tides at Dindu-ville you still have to worry about the “Tyrone Tax” (replacing stolen tires/stolen car, repairing broken windows, packages stolen, paying for the ambulance after getting shot etc)
    I had no idea, Fats. GD nightmare.

Thread Information