Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are more right than many would admit to.

Installing outright fascism seems to be the whole of the Republican aim at this point. Keep the ins utions weak, so the big money can do its job.
    You can't be this ing dumb can you? State controlled media is still here and rampant by the left; too bad they lost their darling Twitter though amirite?! RIP State sponsored Twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be this ing dumb can you? State controlled media is still here and rampant by the left; too bad they lost their darling Twitter though amirite?! RIP State sponsored Twitter.
    Low info Joey lacks critical thinking skills and thinks his struggles are everyone's struggles.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like ringin' a bell...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    In Houston, Abbott appointed former charter school guy Mike Miles as the new superintendent, and Miles set to work implementing a new system of total control over education that he promised would improve student performance and close educational gaps. Modeled on a system he came up with for his charter schools, its name reflects the efficiency and clean straight lines of Brutalist architecture: the “New Education System” (NES). Eighty-five of Houston’s 274 campuses are currently in the system “voluntarily,” ...

Among other efficiencies, the system involves all teachers working from the same PowerPoint curriculum prepared for them each day, and extremely structured class periods. To keep the focus on learning the predigested materials, 28 of the NES schools determined to be most in need of improvement have converted the school libraries into “team centers,” where students who’ve stepped out of line will be sent to do their work, and also where other kids will work individually or in groups for “enrichment”...

n what reads like a news dispatch from a dystopian future novel, except without a charismatic young rebel who was born to lead everyone to freedom, the Houston Chronicle went along with Miles to visit some schools using The New Order (gift link) on the first day of school Monday. We learn that instead of wasting time with “‘what I did this summer’ activities or getting-to-know-you games,” the kids got promptly to work, all neat and orderly:

Students sat silently, pencils scratching, as they worked on the "demonstration of learning" worksheets that they'll be required to complete every day in their core classes. Teachers taught from PowerPoint presentations developed by HISD's central office, with a livestream of the class projected on an adjacent wall — the same stream a student would watch from a laptop were they to act out in class and be sent to one of the school's "Team Centers," some of which have replaced their school's libraries.

Happily, nobody had go to the team center for discipline Monday, because the classes themselves seem entirely punitive enough. In a 90-minute class, each day’s lesson is presented to the whole class, from the PowerPoint, and then they complete their “demonstrations of learning,” because that’s a noun in the New Conformity.

Students who need more time to demonstrate that they are learning anything stay the last 35 minutes of class with their teacher, while the students who got the idea or are actually well ahead of the day’s objective are sent to the Team Center to do additional work to make sure the lesson is embedded in their heads, or even to do more advanced work on the same stuff, with a “Learning Coach” to help out.

The idea is that by separating everyone up into groups, the kids who need more work will soon be working at grade level on that topic and can go to the former library too, but not to read. So take that, libs, the closed libraries aren’t only detention centers, because they’re also used every day by the kids doing enrichment, and there’s no way any kids would know exactly who’s in stir Team Center for discipline, no never

https://www.wonkette.com/p/texas-gov...chools-orderly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32RH01O5mg
    I watched the news clip. Discipline?

American schools are increasingly glorified day cares.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Corporal punishment was fine and dandy when I went to school///'60-70's. I suffered 29 swats my 9th grade year in JH. I mean wooden paddle, drilled holes to relieve the resistance. One time they hit me so hard it didn't turn my ass black & blue, just black. But I was kinda of used to it, the old man could whistle the leather thru those loops on his work pants with quite the flair and effect.

And the girl's too got swatted in school, and it was when mini-skirts were all the rage. I don't think there was any hanky panky, you had to have one teacher beat you and another stood witness so there was no untoward behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup, no reason imo to go a full 12 years if kids would rather go to a trade school

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yup, no reason imo to go a full 12 years if kids would rather go to a trade school
    I moved alot when we first immigrated and then my folks found great school. Wood tech, home ech, biology, keyboard and photoshop classes in middle/ high school. I didn't take Auto. I remember shooting a rocket in the fields in physics.

Nothing with finances. Economics was more marketing based. And calculating percentages/statistics. In College it was balancing statements.

A grade school buddy of mine married a Latina mami our age and her son around 13, I met at his wedding. Respectful confident boy spoke Spanish. Buddy says he's always been private schooled but wants to make the jump to high school. Buddy saying bad move eaten with the sharks. There's 5 Hispanic schools in this city near by and this school the best. He wants to go.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-06-2023 at 04:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 60 Minutes

John Eastman, one of Donald Trump’s alleged co-conspirators to overturn the 2020 election, got the business from Scott Pelley on Sunday.

The “60 Minutes” host slapped the lawyer with a few “gotcha” clapbacks.

Eastman claimed in a speech on Jan. 6, 2021, that voting machines were rigged in Georgia. He told the Georgia legislature that thousands of convicts and dead voters somehow submitted ballots to sway the election in Joe Biden’s favor. The state’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, who voted for Trump, found the claims to be false.

“You said 2,500 convicts, the investigation found four. You said 10,000 dead voters, the investigation found four,” said Pelley, who then took off his glasses to plunge in the dagger: “It doesn’t seem like you knew what you were talking about.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    From 60 Minutes

John Eastman, one of Donald Trump’s alleged co-conspirators to overturn the 2020 election, got the business from Scott Pelley on Sunday.

The “60 Minutes” host slapped the lawyer with a few “gotcha” clapbacks.

Eastman claimed in a speech on Jan. 6, 2021, that voting machines were rigged in Georgia. He told the Georgia legislature that thousands of convicts and dead voters somehow submitted ballots to sway the election in Joe Biden’s favor. The state’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, who voted for Trump, found the claims to be false.

“You said 2,500 convicts, the investigation found four. You said 10,000 dead voters, the investigation found four,” said Pelley, who then took off his glasses to plunge in the dagger: “It doesn’t seem like you knew what you were talking about.”
    I'll boil it down for ya, Effy...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people just ing around

House GOP moves to reduce Buttigieg's salary to $1

The House GOP moved to reduce Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s salary to just $1, the conference's latest move as conservatives have explored using obscure funding rules to exact political pain on the Biden administration.

The cut for Buttigieg was adopted by voice vote as an amendment to the fiscal 2024 Transportation-HUD spending bill and was put forth by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). The bill still needs to be approved by the full House but stands no chance at approval from the Democratic-controlled Senate.

https://www.politico.com/live-update...igieg-00125906

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    These people just ing around

House GOP moves to reduce Buttigieg's salary to $1

The House GOP moved to reduce Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s salary to just $1, the conference's latest move as conservatives have explored using obscure funding rules to exact political pain on the Biden administration.

The cut for Buttigieg was adopted by voice vote as an amendment to the fiscal 2024 Transportation-HUD spending bill and was put forth by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). The bill still needs to be approved by the full House but stands no chance at approval from the Democratic-controlled Senate.

https://www.politico.com/live-update...igieg-00125906
    You ain't no better, you let Santo get away when you had him nailed to a cross next to Trump's cross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republican Rep. Brad Wenstrup, who leads the House GOP's investigation of the origins of COVID-19, says he won't seek reelection next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson announced his pitch to avoid a shutdown. It's already hitting a wall.
    It already seems unlikely the spending plan could pass the House, with the new speaker saying they would need Democrats to support it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...-plan-00126713

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans suck at running their own party.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Republicans suck at running their own party.
    Republicans are bad

Democrats are catastrophic

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    New bathrooms

Kneeling

Open borders

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Conservative friends come in many different views and looks

I am Catholic team. And we have one of a team. But Christians do too.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-12-2023 at 04:13 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Johnson announced his pitch to avoid a shutdown. It's already hitting a wall.
    It already seems unlikely the spending plan could pass the House, with the new speaker saying they would need Democrats to support it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...-plan-00126713

Excellent.

SHUT.IT.DOWN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New bathrooms

Kneeling

Open borders
    That's catastrophic? Who are the snowflakes now? lmao

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are bad

Democrats are catastrophic
    I'm sorry you have failed being an American.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "that's something that the Capitol Police will have to deal with"

Thread Information