Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just hit me that I might be giving you too much credit thinking that "making up" is a shtick and that you aren't a dumbass that actually believes what you are saying. Kind of sad if you think about it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just hit me that I might be giving you too much credit thinking that "making up" is a shtick and that you aren't an actual dumbass that believes what you are saying. Kind of sad if you think about it, tbh.
    lol tilted

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really worried about his shooting. it can only get better tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Nice sequence by the Rook. Joker the best player in the world. Wemby just need to get in the weight room or spend a few summers in San Antonio at Golden Corral.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Impressive tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That's just Draymond residue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice sequence by the Rook. Joker the best player in the world. Wemby just need to get in the weight room or spend a few summers in San Antonio at Golden Corral.
    The Current Best vs. the Future Best

What a great matchup.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In fairness, history isn't on Wemby's side. Players of his height often got injured (Manute Bol, Yao, Boban, Ralph Sampson, Arvidis Sabonis, etc.). There really is no history of someone 7'3 or taller that had a long, productive, healthy career. Yao played only 8 seasons (still made the hall of fame, but still).

All that being said, I'd rather have Luka both short and long-term. Wemby gonna be a beast no doubt. But for how long is the question.

Maybe the Spurs training staff is of the same ilk as Phoenix Suns. They work some kind of voodoo magic for their players health out there in the desert.

I hope Wemby is healthy for a long time. Maybe he breaks the mold. History is not on his side though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is gonna play 'till his 40's like most sportmen do nowadays, tbh.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Ralph Sampson and Porzingis are the two comparisons that probably apply the most from a size and bodytype standpoint. He's not the tall but non-athletic, lumbering type. He does have athleticism and quickness for his size. But he is at one of those heights where foot, knee, and back problems seem inevitable. And it's also a size you have to worry about putting on too much muscle weight because what that added weight could do to the feet, knees, and back. You want him to get stronger but watch the weight for the sake of his health and durability. In that regard, they should probably follow the body development model of a guy like Durant even though he's not quite as tall and long. Adding some muscle but staying lean.

Still I'd be surprised if he plays at an elite level through his mid 30s, much less until he's 40.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I just hope he plays at an elite level for the next 5 to 10 years. His elite level will be different than anyone else's.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other thing, he is insanely flexible for someone his size. Should help a lot preventing injuries.
    And work ethic/preparation was there even before reaching the NBA.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just hope he plays at an elite level for the next 5 to 10 years. His elite level will be different than anyone else's.
    The other thing, he is insanely flexible for someone his size. Should help a lot preventing injuries.
    And work ethic/preparation was there even before reaching the NBA.
    I hope he takes a copter hop and crashes into the side of the Alamo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In fairness, history isn't on Wemby's side. Players of his height often got injured (Manute Bol, Yao, Boban, Ralph Sampson, Arvidis Sabonis, etc.). There really is no history of someone 7'3 or taller that had a long, productive, healthy career. Yao played only 8 seasons (still made the hall of fame, but still).

All that being said, I'd rather have Luka both short and long-term. Wemby gonna be a beast no doubt. But for how long is the question.

Maybe the Spurs training staff is of the same ilk as Phoenix Suns. They work some kind of voodoo magic for their players health out there in the desert.

I hope Wemby is healthy for a long time. Maybe he breaks the mold. History is not on his side though.
    Maybe he contracts the mold and ends up with leprosy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He ain't going to the Lakers. Ever.
    Is that your religion?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wemby is gonna play 'till his 40's like most sportmen do nowadays, tbh.
    Or, better yet: ends up on Forensic Files as a victim of foul play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ralph Sampson and Porzingis are the two comparisons that probably apply the most from a size and bodytype standpoint. He's not the tall but non-athletic, lumbering type. He does have athleticism and quickness for his size. But he is at one of those heights where foot, knee, and back problems seem inevitable. And it's also a size you have to worry about putting on too much muscle weight because what that added weight could do to the feet, knees, and back. You want him to get stronger but watch the weight for the sake of his health and durability. In that regard, they should probably follow the body development model of a guy like Durant even though he's not quite as tall and long. Adding some muscle but staying lean.

Still I'd be surprised if he plays at an elite level through his mid 30s, much less until he's 40.
    If anyone could be an exception, it would be this guy. He's already done things no one at that size has done before, so maybe durability will be another one of his exceptional traits. So far it's looking good. He has rolled his ankle several times this season, plus a minor shoulder injury, and every time he's bounced back quickly. Just yesterday his entire foot rolled 90° on a landing, the commentators thought it was serious, and he jogged it off and proceeded to block a shot, grab a rebound, and score a basket. Things that would affect other players don't seem to affect him as much. They say he's super flexible, so maybe that's part of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If anyone could be an exception, it would be this guy. He's already done things no one at that size has done before, so maybe durability will be another one of his exceptional traits. So far it's looking good. He has rolled his ankle several times this season, plus a minor shoulder injury, and every time he's bounced back quickly. Just yesterday his entire foot rolled 90° on a landing, the commentators thought it was serious, and he jogged it off and proceeded to block a shot, grab a rebound, and score a basket. Things that would affect other players don't seem to affect him as much. They say he's super flexible, so maybe that's part of it.
    I'm just grateful he beat the Suns twice to start the season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know you farmers hate Kobe, but coming in at 18 years old, Kobe was ALL about ball. Seems like Wemby is cut from the same cloth mentally...

...and I hate it. Y'all don't deserve this young MFer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you farmers hate Kobe, but coming in at 18 years old, Kobe was ALL about ball. Seems like Wemby is cut from the same cloth mentally...

...and I hate it. Y'all don't deserve this young MFer
    Kobe was into raping too, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rapping, sorry, I meant rapping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately for wemby, so far he doesnt seem very interested in winning.

lol 22

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately for wemby, so far he doesnt seem very interested in winning.

lol 22
    i expected 30, but with this roster, even under 20 wouldn't have shocked me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i expected 30, but with this roster, even under 20 wouldn't have shocked me.
    last year they blatantly tanked, battled injuries, and had a bunch of rookies. 22 wins.

they returned the same squad, had far superior health, more experience, and added wemby. still 22 wins.

while he had a nice individual season, the lack of team success considering the cir stances is absolutely disappointing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year they blatantly tanked, battled injuries, and had a bunch of rookies. 22 wins.

they returned the same squad, had far superior health, more experience, and added wemby. still 22 wins.

while he had a nice individual season, the lack of team success considering the cir stances is absolutely disappointing.
    The head coach has to take a lot of blame. First ~35 games of the season he was starting Sochan at PG and then Branham at PG and the team was historically bad with those two at point (5-30). I remember seeing a stat that Wemby had more assists to Sochan than Sochan had to Wemby despite Sochan being PG. Was frustrating seeing him only make passes to Victor when he floated out to the three point line, Sochan was practically incapable of passing the ball forward to Wemby. Spurs have this huge aversion to PGs less than 6'4" which is why they tried to force Sochan and Branham into the role and why they made the most re ed pick of the decade in Josh Primo at 12.

Thread Information