Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have ing prime matt Bonner starting than this sucka
    I agree, at least Bonner shot 41% from 3 for his career and knew his role.

Also this:

https://stathead.com/basketball/play...tat%5B1%5D=fga

Matt Bonner, For single games, in the NBA/BAA, in the regular season, requiring Field Goal Attempts >= 20, sorted by descending Points.

Sorry, there are no results for your search

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once Collins makes some threes he instantly becomes a lethal weapon on offense... And he looked like this for some time till these recent struggles... Imho is just a little confidence problem that he should soon take care of...
    Ooh, be sure to wake me when that happens!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner was in the right place and the right time. Put him on this team and he will be put in an even worse situation and probably still would be our 2nd best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner would be cookin' books with the looks Zollins gets. No cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins as the starting 5 is a problem. He could be a nice option off the bench in a horns offense. I prefer him at the 4 on the elbow. But we know how the team is. He is playing a too big of a role and trying to create space*. That's never his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs must be tanking. why would in gods green earth they give zollins 20 FGA like he's prime duncan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't mad at the extension but man this dude has fallen off a cliff since he signed it. He don't make open 3's he doesn't defend the rim the only thing he does that isn't absolutely bottom of the barrel is try and pass to Wemby occasionally

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    35 million for a big who can't make point blank shots. Disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is playing reasonably well. I don't think he's a good fit with Wemby though. I think playing in a two-big offense with poor spacing and no PG is really hurting him. Feels like if Collins' Wemby minutes were in a unit with Jones, McDermott and Vassell it could work, and he'd use the non-Wemby minutes to operate as the single big. Feels like a broken record, but Bassey is not that good yet should still get more Wemby minutes because he's the closest thing the Spurs have to the downhill big that probably creates the most spacing for a Wemby-centric offense. Someone like Mason Plumlee -- at least back when he was younger -- might look really good next to Victor. Willing shot-blocker and strong finisher, but also unselfish with good BBIQ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fire this dumb gm....Alot of thought it was a good gamble,But none of are getting paid the big bucks to
    make the decisions,He is...And pretty fast its looking like a big mistake

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is basically David Lee. Good offense who gets torched defensively by every no name. He can be a good big of a bench for a team but he’s not starting material on a contender. Victor just needs to suck it up and play the 5. NBA has very few bigs who score score in the post all game and they can always just double the post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is basically David Lee. Good offense who gets torched defensively by every no name. He can be a good big of a bench for a team but he’s not starting material on a contender. Victor just needs to suck it up and play the 5. NBA has very few bigs who score score in the post all game and they can always just double the post.
    You wnt him battling towns and gobert and edwards by himself in the paint huh,He will be injured real fast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was a good extension at first, but it's clearly a bad contract now. His 3-point shooting has fallen off a cliff and he can't protect the rim. At best he's your 6th man as a scoring punch at the 5 off the bench and for that 17 million is definitely too much. They will have to trade him at some point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee was at least a really solid rebounder.

Im really tired of zach's game, jacking up 3 pts shots. Agree with some he'll be better of the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid front office saving up money just so they waste it on doofuses like Zollins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has to finish better, no two ways about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also had an awful stretch last year before hitting 40+ to end the season.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is David Lee when he was a Spur maybe. Lee was a walking double double in his prime and if he ever shot a three it was at the end of a quarter.

These "Victor is a center because he R tall" takes are getting old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was passable until that new deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins as the starting 5 is a problem. He could be a nice option off the bench in a horns offense. I prefer him at the 4 on the elbow. But we know how the team is. He is playing a too big of a role and trying to create space*. That's never his game.
    I'm over Vic being a 5 already. His mindset is that of KD or LeBron. He wants to drive the ball, or set screens and run for an easy one. Pounding in the post is NOT his game and it's likely the bulk he'd need to do it consistently on both sides would destroy his body.

He should start getting isos, point blank. If we're going to lose a bajillion games, let him get comfortable and make some mistakes/learn what he can and can't do and needs to work on in the offseason dribbling/driving wise etc instead of playing him as a 4th option (because KJ, Vassell and Collins think they need to shoot more)

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is playing reasonably well. I don't think he's a good fit with Wemby though. I think playing in a two-big offense with poor spacing and no PG is really hurting him. Feels like if Collins' Wemby minutes were in a unit with Jones, McDermott and Vassell it could work, and he'd use the non-Wemby minutes to operate as the single big. Feels like a broken record, but Bassey is not that good yet should still get more Wemby minutes because he's the closest thing the Spurs have to the downhill big that probably creates the most spacing for a Wemby-centric offense. Someone like Mason Plumlee -- at least back when he was younger -- might look really good next to Victor. Willing shot-blocker and strong finisher, but also unselfish with good BBIQ.

What is this Wemby centric offense you speak of?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a stretch 5 that isn't stretching the court much at all right now. Stretching our patience maybe. He isn't the long-term answer at the 5. But I like him in a smaller role down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was a good extension at first, but it's clearly a bad contract now. His 3-point shooting has fallen off a cliff and he can't protect the rim. At best he's your 6th man as a scoring punch at the 5 off the bench and for that 17 million is definitely too much. They will have to trade him at some point

I thought it was a good contract too, dammit. What the heck have the Spurs done to Collins’ 3pt shooting?? Never mind, don’t tell me, I know what they’ve done. They have “coached“ him. This version of Spurs “coaching” is the kiss of death. Everything it touches, withers.

The way Collins is now, he’s not very useful off the bench, either. It’s a sad situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money well spent. Really glad we can’t offload this guy this year too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great gm we got

Thread Information