Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Is The Problem With Some Fans Who View A Player’s Effectiveness Strictly On One Side Of The Court. Even If Collins Suddenly Did Become A 7 Foot Curry, He’s One Of The Worst Defensive Big Men In The League.
    Collins has classic white player hops. He isn't very quick and can't get off the ground to challenge shots so players drive and shoot right over him.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching him yesterday he didn’t even have prayer when it came to contesting shots at the rim. It’s like watching Bryn Forbes defense where even if he tries to position himself he just can’t alter or affect a shot.

at least that was my takeaway in person
    Sochan isn't too much better. Spurs need to add Sarr if they land the number one pick.
    Wemby needs another effective rim defender to allow him to roam a bit more without leaving the lanes open.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't imagine teams will be too eager to take on Collins contact without worthwhile incentive until he's an expiring deal

Not too many teams will be looking for center-only players who can't shoot, don't rebound, can't protect the rim, and turn the ball over like crazy thinking they're Jokic level passers while making significantly more than the MLE and having a significant injury history

Good for him for getting paid but this contract extension shows that Wright is a big problem for the future.

They thought they had a discount Chet next to Wemby: tough compe or to hit threes, block shots, grab rebounds, and play with an edge.

Instead they get hyper inflation Joffrey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach only took one 3PA yesterday. If he can stick to that, he'll be a lot more tolerable. (He leads the team in FG%, btw).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol
    Instead they get hyper inflation Joffrey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it strange and inconsistent that Zack gets an ankle injury that requires him to be out multiple weeks but then comes back and immediately played back to back games... Meanwhile Victor's issue seems minor and still plays most games but cannot play back to backs for a month. Where's the consistency!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it strange and inconsistent that Zack gets an ankle injury that requires him to be out multiple weeks but then comes back and immediately played back to back games... Meanwhile Victor's issue seems minor and still plays most games but cannot play back to backs for a month. Where's the consistency!?!
    There is a consistency to the Spurs actions, if you’re willing to see it, and it starts with last summer’s transactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you consider the leg and foot issues that growing 7+ footers have if not managed as well as the issues rookies have with 82 games and 35+ mins, it should not be surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Is The Worst Signing In Spurs History. Worse Than Marcus Morris. Worse Than Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we got conned

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Is The Worst Signing In Spurs History. Worse Than Marcus Morris. Worse Than Bryn Forbes.
    Hmmmmm…

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zack Collings was terrible tonight .. As spurs 1st backup centre when laying an egg like tonight pop needs to say fuk it. Im trotting out Barlow, who's shown enough this season to warrant playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0/7 including 0/5 from three tonight. Play Barlow. He at least gives you something on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even before the latest injury this guy was sucking ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if the Spurs would've had a shot had they played Barlow.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't look good out there but he also had bad passes thrown his way when he was in the lane. More annoyed with Keldon Johnson and Doug McBuckets at the moment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah.

Brian Wright blew this so bad he has to be fired. This would automatically become the most desirable job in the NBA and every one would kill for a chance to gm a team with Wemby

They wasted their caproom on getting second rounders ... Fine. It's conservative, but it's reasonable.

Then he blew it by giving a big deal to Collins without ever seeing him play next to Wemby for real.

$36 million in dead cap for 2 years thanks to Brian Wright

Good for Zach for getting paid and playing the Spurs front office like Morris, like Carroll, just trash trash trash

Collins isn't even a overpaid backup he's an overpaid 4th stringer

Nobody is touching that deal and Wemby's cheap years are wasted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if the Spurs would've had a shot had they played Barlow.
    To light also…. It was a productive loss

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he was only signed through next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins time in SA is quickly souring unfortunately. His athletic limitations are too significant to overcome, and Pop has apparently given him the green-light to shoot from 3 whenever he wants, despite him being a 30% shooter. Nasty combo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really like this deal

of a reclamation project he’s been, and still young. I brought up yesterday that there aren’t really any other realistic options for centers that can both hit the 3 ball and also punish mismatches in the post. He’s one of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this deal was just as bad as giving a 38 year old Gasol 48 million. I honestly don't know what's going on in San Antonia. they may have the best drugs in the country.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't mind the deal at the time, but it's obviously already been exposed as a disaster and the extension hasn't even kicked in yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quality tank manager , worth every penny, if wemby and sochan are not being sandbagged with minutes restrictions and being played out of position, my boy collins has to step up and offset their non tank contributions.

Thread Information