Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins and Branham both seem to suffer from this affliction where they can only play good basketball after the all-star break.
    Exactly. They're clutch!!!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I mean 2024. I’m pretty sure he’s in the 20% from 3 point line. Dude has been garbage from 3 the whole calendar year. And 31% is totally stretch 4 material tbh… for a losing team.
    You guys! lol. I respond from my phone hence the shorter responses but at some time you boys have to use the noodle and connect a to b. This year isn’t his best agreed and we will all agree

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, is Evan Mobley a stretch 4? I’ll wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy ing sucks and will be out of the league in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t he shooting like 20% from 3 this year? How is he a stretch 4

That must mean it’s a stretch to see him as a 4.

However, would Zollins be worse as a 4 than as a C? Maybe not. Not much of a recommendation, to argue he can be equally bad at more than one position. Call it position-less basketball, I suppose.

Have people seen how he guards on the perimeter? One thing about that, you wouldn’t have to worry about him being blown by at the rim. He’d already be blown by long before the guy with the ball gets to the rim.

But I do hope - sincerely, no kidding - that he comes on strong, to justify his place on the roster. My fingers are crossed for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy ing sucks and will be out of the league in a few years.
    lol…… one of the best talent evaluation orgs in the business didn’t think so However sometimes we all get it wrong myself included. Define a few years for us….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That must mean it’s a stretch to see him as a 4.

However, would Zollins be worse as a 4 than as a C? Maybe not. Not much of a recommendation, to argue he can be equally bad at more than one position. Call it position-less basketball, I suppose.

Have people seen how he guards on the perimeter? One thing about that, you wouldn’t have to worry about him being blown by at the rim. He’d already be blown by long before the guy with the ball gets to the rim.

But I do hope - sincerely, no kidding - that he comes on strong, to justify his place on the roster. My fingers are crossed for him.
    He’s more 4 than 5; let’s not beat a dead horse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins is a big man tweener. Too slow for a 4 but too weak for a 5. He has some good passing skills and shooting for a big (this year is really an aberration, I still think he can shoot), and he is tough. But he just isn’t built to play in today’s league. Maybe 15 years ago he’d have a roll as a 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins is a big man tweener. Too slow for a 4 but too weak for a 5. He has some good passing skills and shooting for a big (this year is really an aberration, I still think he can shoot), and he is tough. But he just isn’t built to play in today’s league. Maybe 15 years ago he’d have a roll as a 4
    Injuries have taken their toll on his body as well, nevermind the tweener stuff. I liked the contract at the time, and still don't think it's too bad, but if this year's Zollins is who he will be moving forward, then he's trade fodder at best, sadly.

Hate to see players' bodies break down like that. I like his demeanor on the court... He had a nasty block yesterday against the Rockets, wears his heart on his sleeve in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue that we aren't even comparing him with starters, but backups.
    He's probably one of the highest paid backups in the league and he's easily worse than at least 25 of them.

We're lucky that contract is a perfect filler for salary matching, but he really has to go this summer. He's a detriment to other bigs on the roster.
    Barlow deserves minutes and yet Pop's solution last night was to play him together with both Collins and Wemby, even though Warriors had no size whatsoever.

What I don't understand was why did they rush with his extension?
    Yeah, it was a feel good story about an unlikely comeback, but noone was lining up to offer him 32 million.
    it was basically market value for his production from last season. I said before the number should be around 17 million per year. What made them think to lock him in, cause he'd get more expensive if they don't is a mystery to me. I thought it was clear that the Spurs would let him hit free agency. Dumb move to extend him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was basically market value for his production from last season. I said before the number should be around 17 million per year. What made them think to lock him in, cause he'd get more expensive if they don't is a mystery to me. I thought it was clear that the Spurs would let him hit free agency. Dumb move to extend him.

Zollins’ contract extension, last October, was based on the Spurs’ plan for him to be a starter beside Wemby. That’s why the Spurs gave Zollins a starter amount of money just before the season began, 3 days before the first game. It must have looked good in practice, and after the preseason. I suppose it did.

Verdict on the plan: fail.

Maybe next season we’ll see a plan that succeeds. Maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and Keldon both in the top 10 worst contract draft on the Simmons pod

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a legitimately horrible list by them. Wasted time listening to it.

Collins’s wasn’t on their list, tbh. Their research and effort was incredibly poor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is keldon on that list? His contract is pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is keldon on that list? His contract is pretty good.
    Bc bench player chuckers who play no defense don’t get 20+ million a year. We paid him as if he were a starter and he isn’t one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc bench player chuckers who play no defense don’t get 20+ million a year. We paid him as if he were a starter and he isn’t one.
    It’s comparable to OG, Bojan, hunter and duncan robinson money. And OG will have a huge raise this summer while Robinson signed a few years back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few days/weeks ago, Olynyk signed a 2 years for $26.2M extension with Toronto and I think they have both a similar market value. Olynyk is the superior player but he is turning 33.
    Another way of seeing it is that a MLE contract over 2 years should be this summer about $26.8M/2 years. I think he would get that this summer.

Spurs gave Collins $34.8M/2 years, that's about $4M too much per year with a projected salary cap of $141M. I'm certainly not losing any sleep over that.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few days/weeks ago, Olynyk signed a 2 years for $26.2M extension with Toronto and I think they have both a similar market value. Olynyk is the superior player but he is turning 33.
    Another way of seeing it is that a MLE contract over 2 years should be this summer about $26.8M/2 years. I think he would get that this summer.

Spurs gave Collins $34.8M/2 years, that's about $4M too much per year with a projected salary cap of $141M. I'm certainly not losing any sleep over that.
    Me neither. It's a bad contract but nowhere near crippling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just glad he finally lost the headband.

Thread Information