Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got em locked up. 17 million was exactly what I predicted he would fetch on the open market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be the second best player on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm... I guess there are mechanics in this new CBA I hadn't heard about? I heard the 40-percent thing. But did they change the "or MLE" alternative to be something bigger?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is officially part of the Spurs family. We gave him a second chance and he took some money off the table vs betting on himself because he was positioned to show out this yr and get a better deal this offseason. Wemby effect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done Zollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm... I guess there are mechanics in this new CBA I hadn't heard about? I heard the 40-percent thing. But did they change the "or MLE" alternative to be something bigger?
    Yeah i thought his eligibility was 140% of his current salary but guess i was wrong.

really like this deal

of a reclamation project he’s been, and still young. I brought up yesterday that there aren’t really any other realistic options for centers that can both hit the 3 ball and also punish mismatches in the post. He’s one of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should definitely mean Zach isn't traded this season. Obviously I don't know this CBA all that well, but I think the six-month prohibition against trading extended players should totally apply in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud moment for Zach, I remember ST losing their minds when we signed him initially lol glad he’s been able to stay healthy and contribute like he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should definitely mean Zach isn't traded this season. Obviously I don't know this CBA all that well, but I think the six-month prohibition against trading extended players should totally apply in this case.
    From what i just read on twitter there is the 6mo prohibition which goes beyond the deadline, so there is no trading him this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there a reason to believe he was likely to be traded? Rumors I missed?

And I know you're the CBA expert, what by the old rules was the max they could have extended him? Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud moment for Zach, I remember ST losing their minds when we signed him initially lol glad he’s been able to stay healthy and contribute like he has.
    Will fit better with Wemby than Poetel ever would. (And I liked Jakob)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice! Now stay Rambo!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there a reason to believe he was likely to be traded? Rumors I missed?

And I know you're the CBA expert, what by the old rules was the max they could have extended him? Thanks.
    As SR21 was saying, there used to be a rule that you could increase the salary by 20 percent of the previous year or the MLE (whichever is higher). We got confirmation that they raised the 20-percent boost to 40 in this CBA. But I didn't see any indication that the MLE wasn't still the alternative limit. It seems like it has been updated. Maybe something like "200 percent of the MLE" or something now?

To clarify, there was no reason to believe he'd be traded. But it rules out any idea that they were willing to trade guys away if they're having a bad season again. Collins isn't being paid so much that he has to be a starting center in 2025, but he is definitely being locked in as the starter this whole season. He's not going to be "Poeltl'd"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As SR21 was saying, there used to be a rule that you could increase the salary by 20 percent of the previous year or the MLE (whichever is higher). We got confirmation that they raised the 20-percent boost to 40 in this CBA. But I didn't see any indication that the MLE wasn't still the alternative limit. It seems like it has been updated. Maybe something like "200 percent of the MLE" or something now?

To clarify, there was no reason to believe he'd be traded. But it rules out any idea that they were willing to trade guys away if they're having a bad season again. Collins isn't being paid so much that he has to be a starting center in 2025, but he is definitely being locked in as the starter this whole season. He's not going to be "Poeltl'd"
    MLE is like 12 mil now, so this is close to 1.4x MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He likely signed the max extension allowed over 2 years.

His max extension start at 140% of the estimated average salary, which is $11,958,000, with a 8% yearly salary raise:
    2024-2025: $16,741,200
    2025-2026: $18,080,496
    For a total of : 34,821,696

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays with gusto and having “only one gear” as hecsaid when asked about that Barlow block. He has that fight in him every possession, which I was looking from Poeltl, and will not back-down from anyone. The Wemby effect would just motivate him more knowing he could be playing for championships for a long time. A great reclamation indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He likely signed the max extension allowed over 2 years.

His max extension start at 140% of the estimated average salary, which is $11,958,000, with a 8% yearly salary raise:
    2024-2025: $16,741,200
    2025-2026: $18,080,496
    For a total of : 34,821,696
    Thanks guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheaper and better than Poeltl. Good job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great news!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good deal for the spurs!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent! I’ve always been high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes rehabbed and stayed healthy. The rest is gravy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the current economical NBA landscape, it's a quite reasonable contract. There are injuries concern with Collins but it's mitigated with this being only a two years extension. Collins, with his outside shoot and a quite good mobility, is theoretically a really nice fit to play alongside Wembanyama.

With the Vassell and Collins extensions, it seems Spurs are taking the safe road to rebuild. They likely won't have enough cap space to go after the biggest free agents next summer. A gamble move could have been not to extend Collins and try to go after Nic Claxton next summer. Risk would have been very high, with Claxton likely signing with another team, and reward would have been maybe not so great, with potential offensive spacing issues.

Thread Information