Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe these are the best commentators they have...this game has basically been Smoltz acting like an Arizona Diamonbacks motivational speaker/business consultant. Spent the last few innings telling us how great Pfaadt is and his autobiography along with how the Diamondbacks are in complete control of this series. Oh wait, the Rangers are up 3-0?

Smoltz is such a dumb
    They've been fine. Thinking the national announcers are biased against you is typical "dumb fan" behavior tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge to get out of the Chapman inning only giving up one. Get a few runs here and leave him in for the ninth, then maybe you won't ever have to use him again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rangers have played some of the best defense I've ever seen in a single game tonight.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Huge to get out of the Chapman inning only giving up one. Get a few runs here and leave him in for the ninth, then maybe you won't ever have to use him again.
    no re

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Garcia's thuggin and buggin "swinging for the moon" approach did come back to bite him in the end tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're not validating me by praising my team enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win. Just gotta hope Garcia is alright.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "This win was bigger for Texas than the loss was for Arizona". the f*ck?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well....the $500 million finally paid off and in the biggest game of the year. Everybody else looked completely lost at the plate tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "This win was bigger for Texas than the loss was for Arizona". the f*ck?
    Not wrong tbh. For Texas to be up 2-1 when they’re playing like absolute garbage is inconceivable tbh. And with Heany/Dunning on deck for Game 4 that’s a guaranteed loss. D-Backs were extremely close to being up 3-0 with an easy closeout game.

If the bats can just get hot for one game, and we get BSD Eovaldi, then we can win a series we easily could have (and probably should have) lost.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not wrong tbh. For Texas to be up 2-1 when they’re playing like absolute garbage is inconceivable tbh. And with Heany/Dunning on deck for Game 4 that’s a guaranteed loss. D-Backs were extremely close to being up 3-0 with an easy closeout game.

If the bats can just get hot for one game, and we get BSD Eovaldi, then we can win a series we easily could have (and probably should have) lost.
    I actually feel ok about Game 4 considering our bullpen has done pretty well outside of Stratton/Perez just sucking at the end of Game 2 when it was pretty much over. It'll be a bullpen game for both teams. Tonight was the one I thought would be the for sure loss tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Jon Gray start game 7 if it goes that far?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thank Christ.

Just get that win tomorrow night and that should do it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Don't talk like this, Mono, I get so scared after being so happy seconds ago. GD you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good , Spurm. Your finest hour.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don't talk like this, Mono, I get so scared after being so happy seconds ago. GD you.
    If Scherzer/Sborz/Adolis are all out for the remainder of the series, then the other Ranger bats better wake up quick and end this series early, because this team will be running on fumes come games 6 & 7.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually feel ok about Game 4 considering our bullpen has done pretty well outside of Stratton/Perez just sucking at the end of Game 2 when it was pretty much over. It'll be a bullpen game for both teams. Tonight was the one I thought would be the for sure loss tbh.
    I love bullpen games actually... shootouts... 11-9 type games... but they were almost always more fun and interesting in NL home games in the world series with the old rules (no DH).

As this game is at Arizona, an NL team... imagine if the old rules were still in place. Pinch hitters, swapping out pitchers basically every other inning or even less if it's a shootout, running out of position players quickly. Whenever it'd go to extra innings it'd be hilarious trench warfare. Kept the scores down a bit because the pitcher batting position was almost always a dud or an ice-cold pinch hitter, but, still exciting when just about everyone else could get on base at any time... was fun to watch pitchers fail at bunting and bunt into a double play... kind of lowkey bad that Manfred nerfed that , tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If Scherzer/Sborz/Adolis are all out for the remainder of the series, then the other Ranger bats better wake up quick and end this series early, because this team will be running on fumes come games 6 & 7.
    Yep, IF Garcia is out then whoever wins tomorrow wins the series IMO. Individually Games 5 and 7 would be tough, but I think up 3-1 they'd manage to pull one of those three out. Atleast this isn't the f*cking Cowboys where even a slight bit of adversity or injury automatically derails the whole season

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yep, IF Garcia is out then whoever wins tomorrow wins the series IMO. Individually Games 5 and 7 would be tough, but I think up 3-1 they'd manage to pull one of those three out. Atleast this isn't the f*cking Cowboys where even a slight bit of adversity or injury automatically derails the whole season
    Jung and Heim going cold at the worst possible time is the biggest issue. Semien choking is per par, but right now without Adolis, they can just pitch around Seager and then let Carter slap his single & get stranded on base.

Maybe it’s my Rangerfan pessimism, but even up 2-1, without Adolis I have zero confidence they can win this series. If Adolis comes back I’m still only 50/50.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jung and Heim going cold at the worst possible time is the biggest issue. Semien choking is per par, but right now without Adolis, they can just pitch around Seager and then let Carter slap his single & get stranded on base.

Maybe it’s my Rangerfan pessimism, but even up 2-1, without Adolis I have zero confidence they can win this series. If Adolis comes back I’m still only 50/50.
    I don’t even care about Scherzer’s injury that much but Adolis would be a HUGE loss. Even if he’s 0-fer, him and Seager are the only two guys on the team that don’t seem to go through prolonged dry spells. Adolis can go “ooga booga” anytime and change the momentum with a mammoth HR that he’s done throughout the playoffs. Even if he’s only batting .200, he’s such a game changer. If Adolis is ok, then I feel pretty confident otherwise I’d say it’s pretty much a 50/50 shot depending on who wins tonight. Fortunately all of Arizona’s lineup outside of Pham went cold yesterday too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garcia out of the lineup tonight but available off the bench per Twitter. Garver moved up to bat at 3, Taveras moved to 8 and Jankowski in at 9.

I suppose it's a good sign they are not shutting him down. Looks like he tried to warm up before the game and they went with this decision.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    About the only positive I can find is that this team has thrived all year in the underdog role (especially in the postseason), and wilted once they exceeded expectations and became favorites (also in the postseason). They went on a 6 game winning streak and swept the Blue Jays the last time Adolis got hurt.

Losing Adolis definitely makes them the underdog again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    While nobody is really good enough to get the “Bonds treatment” these days, if im Arizona I’m “intentionally unintentionally” walking Seager everytime now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Semien sure picked a great time to find his bat again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SeaGOAT

Thread Information