Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Last edited by FrostKing; 10-25-2023 at 03:00 AM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    who the f*ck saw this one coming? May be the lowest rated WS of all time Tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I admit i know basically nothing about the dbacks. Last night was the first time I’ve watched them play all season, bullpen looks pretty nasty.

Im sure Texas will be favored because they went ooga booga on Houston the last two games, but they also went full ooga booga/hittin the stanky leg in the 10 and 11 ALCS only for the bats to go cold to start the world series

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Heart says Rangers in 5.

Brain says this is the most wildly streaky team I’ve ever seen, and there is literally no outcome that would surprise me. Rangers could sweep, or they could get swept, and neither would be shocking.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I admit i know basically nothing about the dbacks. Last night was the first time I’ve watched them play all season, bullpen looks pretty nasty.

Im sure Texas will be favored because they went ooga booga on Houston the last two games, but they also went full ooga booga/hittin the stanky leg in the 10 and 11 ALCS only for the bats to go cold to start the world series
    I feel like the 10 & 11 teams were too awkward to ever be champs. They manufactured that weird “claw/antlers” thing that’s pretty dumb in hindsight, and also couldn’t even celebrate series wins properly cuz of Hamilton, so they just shot ginger ale at each other.

Then you had Derek Holland screwing around doing Harry Caray impressions on TV in the middle of games, and Elvis too busy pranking Beltre instead of focusing on fielding hits properly. The locker room just didn’t conduct themselves like a champion.

Don’t know if this squad will win it all, but they have championship swagger for sure.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I feel like the 10 & 11 teams were too awkward to ever be champs. They manufactured that weird “claw/antlers” thing that’s pretty dumb in hindsight, and also couldn’t even celebrate series wins properly cuz of Hamilton, so they just shot ginger ale at each other.

Then you had Derek Holland screwing around doing Harry Caray impressions on TV in the middle of games, and Elvis too busy pranking Beltre instead of focusing on fielding hits properly. The locker room just didn’t conduct themselves like a champion.

Don’t know if this squad will win it all, but they have championship swagger for sure.

yeah this team is definitely more professional, and we've found our key "thuggin and buggin" piece in Garcia that all champions have. Heck, even Chapman has been bringing a little bit of thuggin and buggin lately too. Only thing that I felt like this team was missing was a clear cut vocal veteran leader, but Bochy's championship experience seems to have made up for that this postseason with all these road wins I didn't expect them to pull off

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'll be just grateful to see it get back there to you guys in Texas. I have terrible harbinger that only your charter will return and I'll be stuck here with this morass of total loss.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Forget about that "swagger" happy horse nonsense and just win the in' thing, Mono.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers in 6, maybe even 5. Dbacks have a much better bullpen than the Rangers have seen but the Rangers' main weakness (their own bullpen) won't be as vulnerable against this team. Dbacks use speed as their main weapon but the Rangers' infield is elite defensively and should be able to limit their opportunities. Only worry is the Rangers' bats go cold but even then as long as a few guys are hitting they can generate enough offense to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The storylines for this WS are pretty crazy.

-Both teams lost 100+ games just two seasons ago
    -Both teams went 5-0 through the WC and DS, then won a Game 7 on the road against their league's reigning champion
    -Lowest ever combined win total for both teams in a WS
    -First time the WS matchup features both teams named after their state rather than the city they play in

There's also the role Arizona played in making Houston the AL West champs and thus dropping the Rangers into the Wild Card. The Rangers went 1-3 against the Mariners in the final regular season series while the Astros went 3-0 against....the Arizona Diamondbacks. Two of the three games between Arizona and Houston were decided by only 1 run. If Arizona had managed to win either of those games, the Rangers win the AL West, get a completely different path through the AL bracket, and would have had home field over Houston in the ALCS. Crazy.

On paper I feel like the Rangers should win but at this point it's the World Series and all bets are off. Both of these teams destroyed the teams we all expected to be here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rangers in 6, maybe even 5. Dbacks have a much better bullpen than the Rangers have seen but the Rangers' main weakness (their own bullpen) won't be as vulnerable against this team. Dbacks use speed as their main weapon but the Rangers' infield is elite defensively and should be able to limit their opportunities. Only worry is the Rangers' bats go cold but even then as long as a few guys are hitting they can generate enough offense to win.
    I pray you're right, Rob.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Either way, I’m glad we’re done facing that Alvarez f*ck for the rest of this season. Christ, that guy was the most intimidating presence I’ve seen at the plate since prime Barry Bonds

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Either way, I’m glad we’re done facing that Alvarez f*ck for the rest of this season. Christ, that guy was the most intimidating presence I’ve seen at the plate since prime Barry Bonds
    You wait till you have those Back suckers on base. It's like a Caucasian fire drill.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

This has been my sentiment too. The talent was there but boy, did they sure have a lot of weird f*cks on those teams. Didn’t get talked about as much since it wasn’t New York or LÁ.

also glad to know I’m not the only one who found Derek Holland cringe and unfunny as

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Nate with a sharp first inning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bombi looms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said before, love Evan Carter.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thuggin and buggin Garcia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thuggin and buggin Garcia
    He thugs. He bugs. He hits bombs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'backs fighting back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great AB by Bombi. But ugh, cold as Garver up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'backs fighting back
    I'm rooting for the Rangers, but that was great "baseball" inning by the Dbacks. Small ball, stolen bases, speed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dbacks remind of the 02 Angels, just slap the ball in play , hit and run, aggressive on the base paths, scrappy etc

Thread Information