A couple of things...

Expect atleast fifteen shotgun draws on 1st down that go for 1 or 2 yards every game

get ready to draft a 6'7 tight end in the 7th round and shoehorn him into forced goalline fade routes. This play will work 0% of the time, but be prepared for him to continue to run for years in critical situations. Also, it will be obvious as he11 that it's coming...if there's less than one yard to go and it's 3rd or 4th down, then 100% chance this play is coming.

Everytime you lose in the playoffs, you will have lost to a "buzzsaw" and you just have to "tip your cap"...cap tipping will be a common occurrence with Bot disciples, even if the said team you lost to is an 8-8 7th seed

You will probably draft a dynamic slot receiver with a sub-4.2 40 time in the 1st round next year, only to have him block and run 3 yard hitch routes. Maybe put him in to block on special team, just as long as he doesn't get the football in space with room to run. Thats important

You'll know McDermott is really heading in the right direction when he starts to randomly shoehorn in the word "football" in sentences where it's obviously implied (i.e. "This Sunday we're playing the New York 'Football' Giants" or "He's a good 'football' player who makes good 'football' plays)

McDermott will not be able to provide any thought or make any decision without referencing 'looking at the tape'. If you ask him a simple question such as 'can you make me a sandwich' or 'what month of the year is it?' expect him to deflect with something like "I wish I had the answer to that, but I gotta look at the tape first...gotta look at the tape..."

No actual improvement in coaching ability or product on the field. He'll just say "We gotta get better...gotta get better..." but the team doesn't actually get better

Expect a rehearsed script of coachspeak cliches ("process", "establish the run", "protect the football", "execute in all three phases", etc)...in press conferences, these cliches will continue to be regurgitated despite any attempts by reporters to draw out a critical thought. Deviation from this script, causes a bug in the firmware to run haywire and coach will have to reboot himself
Just caught his most recent press conference and it was more of this. Despite having 10 days of rest coming off facing a bottom feeder at home (TB), while Cincy had just one week of rest after a west coast trip to SF where they came off a big win against a physical team.

But hey, we just gotta look at the tape and get better, amirite