San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AR is a good player, but not worth that money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. But the Lakers would have been paying it. They had to match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. But the Lakers would have been paying it. They had to match.
    Why didn't any other team offer more thus drive the price up for the Lakers?

Were they ordered by the league not to?

Or is it just bad karma?

Tryin to think if teams have done this in the past just to jack w other teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno, that's less than we are paying Devin ($100/4yrs vs $150/5yrs), and you can argue that Reaves has been better (especially once he got out of that big shooting slump in October and November). He'd fit quite nicely into the lineup either in place of Tre, or by bumping Devin up to SF (benching Champagnie), and Reaves at SG...
    The lack of activity/interest on FA's this past summer does fit in with my theory that PAFTO tanked a second season to put more talent around Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno, that's less than we are paying Devin ($100/4yrs vs $150/5yrs), and you can argue that Reaves has been better (especially once he got out of that big shooting slump in October and November). He'd fit quite nicely into the lineup either in place of Tre, or by bumping Devin up to SF (benching Champagnie), and Reaves at SG...
    The lack of activity/interest on FA's this past summer does fit in with my theory that PAFTO tanked a second season to put more talent around Wemby.
    Vassell’s contract is 5/135. His incentives are such that it’s incredibly difficult to hit and if he does you’d gladly pay him.

As for Reaves, he’s a good player and he deserved a better contract than the one he got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or is it just bad karma?

Putting the offer would have put cap space on hold. Needed the money to get a couple of throwaway SRPs for Osman and Payne

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They tanked by asking Sochan to airball his wide open 3s, Zollins to regress to stiff status, Branham or Blake to stay lost on the court and everybody to ignore Victor on offense to have a shot at (maybe) a future role player... That's one master, collective plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t have to offer the full 100 mil. He signed for 4/52 so coulda just thrown 75-80 which he’d take and worse case the lakers match it and pay more than they are now. Instead he’s on a bargain contract

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They tanked by asking Sochan to airball his wide open 3s, Zollins to regress to stiff status, Branham or Blake to stay lost on the court and everybody to ignore Victor on offense to have a shot at (maybe) a future role player... That's one master, collective plan.
    The individual players have no part in a tank. A tank is when management/coaching is making decisions that are intended to get less wins than could be achieved with a given roster. Some obvious examples: Point Sochan, minimizing Wemby's minutes whenever there was an opportunity, not trying to bring in FA's to improve the team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting the offer would have put cap space on hold. Needed the money to get a couple of throwaway SRPs for Osman and Payne
    Timing-wise the Spurs used that money to acquire the 2030 unprotected swap from Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's weird about Reaves this season is that his on-off stat has gone from great to awful. Last year he was +8.7 and this year he is -4.5.

When looking closely the issue is on the defensive end with Lakers being significantly worst when he is on the court. I don't know (nor care) if it's mostly because he is a defensive liability or if it's on the teammates he is pared with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's weird about Reaves this season is that his on-off stat has gone from great to awful. Last year he was +8.7 and this year he is -4.5.

When looking closely the issue is on the defensive end with Lakers being significantly worst when he is on the court. I don't know (nor care) if it's mostly because he is a defensive liability or if it's on the teammates he is pared with.
    yeah last year he held up as a reasonable defender per the advanced stats, but totally fell off this year. not sure if its a consequence of him just getting targeted more, but on that team, i cant imagine "try picking on the unathletic white guy" was a new revelation this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He started 22 games last year, this year, 47. So he’s been playing a lot more against starters. That has to be a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed

Devin is better defensively though

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Brian Billy Beane Wright can make up the points in the aggregate. If Vassell was playing with AD and Lebron he'd probably do ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or is it just bad karma?

Didn’t have to offer the full 100 mil. He signed for 4/52 so coulda just thrown 75-80 which he’d take and worse case the lakers match it and pay more than they are now. Instead he’s on a bargain contract
    Again, why didn't the Spurs or any other team?
    Was well known the Flamers wanted to re sign Reeves.

Make some phone calls and find out please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timing-wise the Spurs used that money to acquire the 2030 unprotected swap from Dallas.
    nah...

if they offered reaves 15-20 mil per year, they could have done so just by waiting on re-signing Tre for ~9 and not making the Payne trade at that time. the spurs had a lot of cap room to play with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah...

if they offered reaves 15-20 mil per year, they could have done so just by waiting on re-signing Tre for ~9 and not making the Payne trade at that time. the spurs had a lot of cap room to play with
    put those hands firmly around your ankles, and I'll give you Payne and some cap room to play with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Billy Beane Wright can make up the points in the aggregate. If Vassell was playing with AD and Lebron he'd probably do ok.
    I like the Billy Beane reference. Totally appropriate in Wright’s case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes too good on 2k24 though...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its going to be hard for me to lose it. The bet was to average at least 30 mpg and play at least 50 games. I think they had to not be one of the 10 worst records in the NBA too.
    Get with me for payment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes too good on 2k24 though...
    shiiiiiit
    My TV dieded a few months ago, haven't replaced it yet because I'm not watching that much tv tbh

But I haven't played 2k in a while though
    still on 2k20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

??

He gets picked apart on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we signed Reaves to a contract just to monkey with LAL, we couldn't have done the Bullock trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ??

He gets picked apart on defense.
    This dude having a meltdown and crying himself to sleep over Spurs fans not being head over heals with the utter defensive black hole that is Branham is saying that REAVES gets picked apart on defense? His DBPM is slightly negative and he was positive last year. I can only imagine what you would say if Branham was as good a defender as Reaves.

Thread Information