Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is averaging 12 pts 5 reb 2 asts....after helping team USA get 4th place in the world cup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now this is an Austin Reaves thread that Mr. Body can get behind

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would only need him to outplay Sochan or Jones...at this point not asking for much

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have AD or Bron...Reaves would be Forbes status on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaves is a nice glue player, scrappy and I think Pop would love him. But does he push the needle? If Sochan pans out at PG, he would be. And that’s what this “development” season is about. It’s not really about the record, but getting these guys get better playing together. I believe Pop is convinced that he can develop Sochan into a big defensive PG like a Ben Simmons with better offense. Pop knows there’s time while Wemby gets to NBA body. So paying too much for Reaves wasn’t it, because it would’ve cost more for Lakers not to match.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is on a price appropriate contract. 100 million was and still is asinine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is on a price appropriate contract. 100 million was and still is asinine.
    That’s not how much Spurs would’ve paid to snatch him off Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Lakers were ready to match any offer like Mr. Body screamed 6000 times, then we didn't dodge any bullet. We just took away the cannon the Lakers were going to use to shoot themselves and replaced it with a water pistol. If anything we helped their franchise going forward.

And Reaves being the kick out person alongside Osman, Vassell, and Collins would've been a nice addition for our bigman. Whether or not that is worth 25 million, probably not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have never seen as much love and wasted threads on a scrub on spurstalk in decades...

dont get the infatuation with this scrub at all...

it seems the most threads all time will end up;

1) wemby
    2) kawhitter
    3) austin scrubly reaves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because the Lakers would have matched. It was a move to damage the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.
    Overated.

Is set up by Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see who our next Corey Maggette/Jermaine O'Neal/John Collins/Austin Reaves will be - players who don't become Spurs, and probably never had much of a chance of being Spurs, but ST.com obsesses over for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reeves to SA was always just a chimera. A mirage.

There was no middle ground between too low and LA will match, too high and you overpaid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see who our next Corey Maggette/Jermaine O'Neal/John Collins/Austin Reaves will be - players who don't become Spurs, and probably never had much of a chance of being Spurs, but ST.com obsesses over for years.
    You missed Scola and Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed Scola and Sengun.
    even though he eventually joined, i would add Pau Gasol. when he left the lakers in free agency, the spurs were one of the many teams throwing the MLE at him, and it was being reported that he favored the spurs over any of those situations.

bulls ended up opening up space for a larger than MLE offer by using amnesty on boozer and signed pau. those ended up being the last of Pau's really strong years.

woulda helped our chances in 14-15 for sure when we lost to the clips, though also meant we wouldnt have gotten aldridge who gave us several outstanding seasons

also remember Brad Miller rumors for a couple years. other obvious inclusion is Kidd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even though he eventually joined, i would add Pau Gasol. when he left the lakers in free agency, the spurs were one of the many teams throwing the MLE at him, and it was being reported that he favored the spurs over any of those situations.

bulls ended up opening up space for a larger than MLE offer by using amnesty on boozer and signed pau. those ended up being the last of Pau's really strong years.

woulda helped our chances in 14-15 for sure when we lost to the clips, though also meant we wouldnt have gotten aldridge who gave us several outstanding seasons

also remember Brad Miller rumors for a couple years. other obvious inclusion is Kidd
    Add AK47 and Jermaine O'Neal tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Poole and Herro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah they dodged a bullet. I never wanted dude. I have no idea why spurs fans believed in that fools gold. He is who he is. a decent 4th or option at best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Poole and Herro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so after a rough start to the year (only making about 31% of his 3's through the end of november)...

Reaves now averaging 16/4/5.5 on 49/38/86 splits

has 29/14/11 against the Bucks today sans lebron including the big go-ahead 3 pointer at the end of OT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has 29/14/11 against the Bucks today sans lebron including the big go-ahead 3 pointer at the end of OT
    Ya after the Coc Rivers team completely flopped on a defensive switch, very impressive how he made that three pointer with no one within 15 feet and no one running at him either. Empty gym shot.

Look i like how he plays, but get him out of Disney ABC Laker Stern uniform and watch the FTA and other b.s. that comes with it and he's above average, that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is MannyIsGod? I don't even remember what his bet was or who it was against, but I'm curious if he is winning it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FO is still in the positive from giving us James White like we asked for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is MannyIsGod? I don't even remember what his bet was or who it was against, but I'm curious if he is winning it.
    Its going to be hard for me to lose it. The bet was to average at least 30 mpg and play at least 50 games. I think they had to not be one of the 10 worst records in the NBA too.

Thread Information