Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not really worried about the toronto pick yet. if they wind up the 6th worst team, that still means there's more than a 50% chance of the pick conveying.

charlotte was always less likely with the heavier protections and less established roster. i think on paper they have enough to fight for a playoff spot, but it requires a lot of things to coalesce. lamelo has never been very efficient, but he's also shot 25% from the field so far. theres also still the pending return of their resident s bag, miles bridges, which would reduce how much they need to rely on gordon hayward (even though he has played pretty well to start the year).

brandon miller has also hit the ground running for them, and mark williams continues to play well. im still keeping an eye on them
    Yeah this is what interests me rather than Sochan Story Hour.

Losing to the Blazers is a bad look, but the Raptors have a new coach and system. I just question their team chemistry at this point, has to be shot. I do think Anunoby is finally on the move at halftime. They should make it above 6, though, in the end.

Charlotte has more pieces than I expected and Miller is playing off Melo and others very well. Curious to see how they go in the next 20-30. Be wild if neither conveys until next year and we're sitting on five first rounders in 2025.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the raps are beating the bucks easily tonight ( for the moment lol)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good sign that Raptors regrouped and stuck it to a rival.

Bucks may have picked the wrong year to pick a rookie coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be pretty hilarious of this Bucks team is a failure... basically every FRP they have between now and 2030 has either been traded or swapped, and they go into next offseason as a luxury tax team and not far below the 2nd apron

and boston looks as good as it does because of Holiday, who was ironically only made available because of the lillard trade

Post Count
    Spurs must win game?
    Last edited by Fizziksman; 11-05-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably better for us getting a good pick by letting them win

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but Toronto doesn't look very good and likely to tank down the stretch to keep that pick if not in the playoffs which is a longshot that they will. Only hope they are 5th or 6th worst and get pushed into the 7th or 8th slot which can happen after the lottery. So it won't be easy for them to make sure they get a pick inside the top 6 unless they totally blow it up to become a bottom three pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be pretty hilarious of this Bucks team is a failure... basically every FRP they have between now and 2030 has either been traded or swapped, and they go into next offseason as a luxury tax team and not far below the 2nd apron

and boston looks as good as it does because of Holiday, who was ironically only made available because of the lillard trade
    Boston has made some nice trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but Toronto doesn't look very good and likely to tank down the stretch to keep that pick if not in the playoffs which is a longshot that they will. Only hope they are 5th or 6th worst and get pushed into the 7th or 8th slot which can happen after the lottery. So it won't be easy for them to make sure they get a pick inside the top 6 unless they totally blow it up to become a bottom three pick.
    The raps will not tank imo and they are not a bottom 6 team

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god we lost

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The raps will not tank imo and they are not a bottom 6 team
    They sure can tank. I don't think they will be a playoff team.

They can trade a player or two and change direction and sit players to get into the top 5 draft picks to get their pick this year.

The incentive for them to tank and keep their pick is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking to keep the pick isn't that smart for Toronto because they will also need to do it in 2025 and 2026.

A key to their season is Siakam. Raptors' GM threw him under the bus at the start of their training camp by saying he played selfishly last season and he has been nowhere near his previous level since that. There are behind that story his contractual situation with him being a free agent next summer. Will he get better? Will he be traded and if he is, for who ?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking to keep the pick isn't that smart for Toronto because they will also need to do it in 2025 and 2026.

A key to their season is Siakam. Raptors' GM threw him under the bus at the start of their training camp by saying he played selfishly last season and he has been nowhere near his previous level since that. There are behind that story his contractual situation with him being a free agent next summer. Will he get better? Will he be traded and if he is, for who ?
    I live in Toronto and rumour has it ujiri wanted to blow it up last season but MLSE who own the raptors wanted him to try and make the playoffs to keep the money rolling in.

Ujiri has built an awkward roster and I’m not a fan of his moves after 2019 (Gary Trent is lousy, giving up a 1st round pick while the raptors remain on treadmill purgatory) and I see them forcing a fight for the play in again this year.

Siakam has mentally checked out and for 40+ million a year I don’t know who will take him on that contract.

It is funny seeing ujiri value OG as much as we value wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, if there was any positive gained from that dreadful loss was that it gives the raptors a win and on track for a bad but not awful record.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They sure can tank. I don't think they will be a playoff team.

They can trade a player or two and change direction and sit players to get into the top 5 draft picks to get their pick this year.

The incentive for them to tank and keep their pick is there.
    They need to trade siakam, og and barnes for some draft capital only if they want to tank, that won't happen.

Only siakam will be gone by the deadline imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guarantee Spurs are all over this kid already and want him bad. 6’6 200 lb PG with all the Euro skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his offense but can he play defense and rebound?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 player in the class of 2023 and the guy I hope the Spurs can somehow get their hands on. True PG and table-setter who has a man’s build already at 6’4 205+ lbs. Kid is gonna be good. Currently projected as a top-5 Pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier seems to get the rim whenever he wants.
    We definitely need guys who can play P&R and get to the rim to open up the floor for everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier seems to get the rim whenever he wants.
    We definitely need guys who can play P&R and get to the rim to open up the floor for everyone else.
    Yup, that's strength. Strong kid who plays bully-ball against weaker PG's. Really good passer with plus 3-point shooting ability already too, and competes hard on the defensive end. Spurs would have to be really bad to have a chance at him though. Don't see us being bad enough tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 player in the class of 2023 and the guy I hope the Spurs can somehow get their hands on. True PG and table-setter who has a man’s build already at 6’4 205+ lbs. Kid is gonna be good. Currently projected as a top-5 Pick.

Spurs are going to draft Bronny just to lure LBJ to mentor VW for a year or 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we need raptors to be mediocre ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want no one from that family on our roster.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want no one from that family on our roster.
    Doesn't Bronny have heart problems?

They say his brother Bryce is better than he is.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would kms

Thread Information