Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for posting. TOR are currently .429
    9th worst in the league.
    Streak : W1
    They got a win against an injured Charlotte team tonight.

But they haven't been looking very good and still plenty of time for them to tank into the bottom 5.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    didn't know about the pick.

i guess keldon for siakam won't happen after all ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a win against an injured Charlotte team tonight.

But they haven't been looking very good and still plenty of time for them to tank into the bottom 5.
    They will have to tank very hard. The only team in the bottom 6 with any upside is Memphis, and Chicago and Utah are on the verge of detonation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will have to tank very hard. The only team in the bottom 6 with any upside is Memphis, and Chicago and Utah are on the verge of detonation.
    Utah loses their pick if it falls outside the top 10, so they are motivated to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do tor definitely fxk the spurs here right?!

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they can tank hard.

I expect Toronto to unload a player or two around the trade deadline and tank hard.

Not likely they will remain in the 7-10 range record wise and give up that pick to the Spurs. We will see what happens but I'm expecting them to tank to get inside the top five.
    Next year they'll worry about the pick again when that time comes but they will put that off for another year.

Portland showed how a team can tank down the stretch and fall inside the bottom five record wise and jump into the top three draft picks.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see Toronto breaking into the 6 worst teams, there's a pretty big talent gap when you go passed Utah. It's up to the lottery balls in the end.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see Toronto breaking into the 6 worst teams, there's a pretty big talent gap when you go passed Utah. It's up to the lottery balls in the end.
    That's because you're looking at it today, by what you see the standings today, not how things can and will change.

Did you see Portland in the bottom five at this point last season?

Believe.
    Post Count
    What do you guys think about this trade?

Is good for both teams. But need to sign Pas to a nice long contract which we can afford to do with rookie contract Wemby.

Then next offseason, draft the best point guard in the draft and sign a star vet point guard like Chris Paul to train him.

Then in two years we might make the playin like OKC did last year.

and best of all Dougie can lead their tank!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need the Raptors to start winning more games, if they keep stinking it up, they are just gonna blow it up and go full tank mode ala Mavericks last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're too arrogant to "blow it up" (my guess is only Siakam and Trent Jr. are traded out of prominent players, but that they get one/some back for the former) but they will shamelessly tank (and not have it attached to their name by the media, unlike the Spurs).

The question is, are they like supposedly many, so down on this draft that they'd just prefer to get it out of the way now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is good for both teams. But need to sign Pas to a nice long contract which we can afford to do with rookie contract Wemby.

Then next offseason, draft the best point guard in the draft and sign a star vet point guard like Chris Paul to train him.

Nah, if they Pasqual so much just wait u til the summer when he’s an UFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pass. Siakim turns 30 in a couple months and doesn't fit the timeline. Much rather wait til ATL inevitably fails in the First Round of the Playoffs again this year (or misses the Playoffs altogether) to go all-in on Trae Young this Summer, who's only 25, is a top-10 scorer in the league, fills our biggest position of need at PG, and still has 3 years left on his contract after this year. Doubt it happens of course, but if you're going to trade your leading scorer in KJ + multiple draft picks, that's the guy I'm targeting tbh. He excels in the PnR and he and Wemby would be fantastic together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, if they Pasqual so much just wait u til the summer when he’s an UFA.
    Usually you have an agreement before the trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass. Siakim turns 30 in a couple months and doesn't fit the timeline. Much rather wait til ATL inevitably fails in the First Round of the Playoffs again this year (or misses the Playoffs altogether) to go all-in on Trae Young this Summer, who's only 25, is a top-10 scorer in the league, fills our biggest position of need at PG, and still has 3 years left on his contract after this year. Doubt it happens of course, but if you're going to trade your leading scorer in KJ + multiple draft picks, that's the guy I'm targeting tbh. He excels in the PnR and he and Wemby would be fantastic together.

That would be something to behold. Those two and a bunch of 6'8" wings who can defend and shoot, would be a dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey would be the ideal type of pg Spurs need. Atlanta won't move from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey would be the ideal type of pg Spurs need. Atlanta won't move from him.
    Highly unlikely, at least not yet. He would have to demand a trade imo. But ATL is currently the 10-seed in the East with an 11-15 record and clearly nowhere near contending for anything. Their roster is a mess, lacks talent like ours, and they're going nowhere anytime soon. They traded 3 FRP's for Dejounte and he hasn't moved the needle at all for them. No major Free Agents are signing there anytime soon. I really don't see any avenue for them to becoming legitimate contenders with their current roster situation and lack of draft picks.

Would gladly offer them all their picks back + one of ours or Chicago's for Trae and not think twice about it. They get a full rebuild and we get a franchise player the PG position. Too good to be true I'm sure, but that'd be my aim if I were Brian Wright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk hates Trae, and i have issues with him as well, but he's the best lob passer in the game, has a good in-between floater game (not great at the rim), and is a capable outside shooter. defensively... yeah, not good. but not really worse than branham

otoh, its not gonna happen

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk hates Trae, and i have issues with him as well, but he's the best lob passer in the game, has a good in-between floater game (not great at the rim), and is a capable outside shooter. defensively... yeah, not good. but not really worse than branham

otoh, its not gonna happen
    Trae with Wemby is possibly the best pairing of all time ngl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    average ST comment about Trae Young makes him sound like devonte graham tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the other guys I'm watching over the next 18 months is Devin Booker. Durant and Beal wont last forever, for different reasons (age; overrated china doll). If runs its course there, i can also see PHX in 2 years wanting to move him to recover FRPs and to get off his salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    average ST comment about Trae Young makes him sound like devonte graham tbh
    Trae gets on a lot by casuals because of his lack of defense but moreso his iness imo, but he's still a top-20 player in the league, or top-22 at worst. He's a true #1 scoring option and one of the top 6 or 7 best playmakers in the league atm. Excels greatly in the PnR and like you mentioned, one of the best lob-throwers in the game. He and Wemby would feast together for years to come. ATL isn't trading him though, at least not yet. He's going to rot on that roster for the next couple years at least as ATL continues to be a mess. You hate to see it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae gets on a lot by casuals because of his lack of defense but moreso his iness imo, but he's still a top-20 player in the league, or top-22 at worst. He's a true #1 scoring option and one of the top 6 or 7 best playmakers in the league atm. Excels greatly in the PnR and like you mentioned, one of the best lob-throwers in the game. He and Wemby would feast together for years to come. ATL isn't trading him though, at least not yet. He's going to rot on that roster for the next couple years at least as ATL continues to be a mess. You hate to see it.
    Trae's going rate for the spurs is probably 2025 ATL 1st, 2027 ATL 1st, 1 more spurs 1st, and Devin Vassell. If they want to trade Keldon instead of Vassell it'll probably take 2 more 1st rounders. That's slightly more than Gobert went for, but Trae probably means more to ATL than Gobert meant to Utah. Is that something you're willing to pull the trigger on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would have Trae guarding the best scorers night in, night out to make sure he gets over himself tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crazytown. Siakam is a rental! He refused to sign a deal, which means he would refuse an extend and trade. They do NOT get that ing pick back for a rental.

Thread Information