Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1730
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why all the Andrew Wiggins slander? He'd easily be the #1 overall in this class, and any of these scrubs will be lucky to have his career
    He's got kind of a lazy reputation. I remember Jimmy Butler going nuts over how little Wiggins worked on his game when they were both in Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a theory that there are two camps in the spurs front office. One that is really ty at drafting and one that is decent at it. Its like they take turns doing it. Samanic and Primo were selected based on potential by the dumb asses and everyone else was selected by the other camp. Wemby was a no brainer for either camp.

The thing to note is that there is a lot of pressure on front offices to get it right and sometimes they pass and sometimes they fail terribly. If we get a top 5 pick, I hope the dumb asses sit this draft out. We need to get it right so the franchise can move forward and not waste a year or two of Wemby's career on trying to mold a draft pick(s) into something they aren't and never will be. The last 10 games or so have shown that the team is now Wemby's. Any pick or trade should be made to help him make the team better sooner rather than later. I can see him be really pissed if we go the development route again

We have some talent and we have a lot of future picks. Hopefully they will draft wisely and not so much based on potential since that rarely pays off immediately - and this weak draft has several players with more potential than actual skill. I know its not easy but come on Spurs, do your homework on this draft and get it right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream draft right now: Spurs get both Matas and Castle (I’ve come around on him after reviewing more film)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be noted that what happened in 4 of the last 5 lotteries bares no importance whatsoever to what is going to happen next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream draft right now: Spurs get both Matas and Castle (I’ve come around on him after reviewing more film)
    I'm still team Dillingham, but I'm fine with that draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still team Dillingham, but I'm fine with that draft.
    Dilly’s in my tier 1 list and it would have been so easy for him to be alone there if his defense was just average.

however…

I glued my eyes to Dilly’s defensive tape and the remarks about his poor defense are not overblown. It is horrendous. He’s often getting blown by and left to dust. I had Forbes flashbacks.

but his potential on offense is so good he stays in my tier 1 list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst draft to (potentially) have 3 picks in. Wouldn’t be surprised if they try to trade one of them for future capital, especially if theirs conveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst draft to (potentially) have 3 picks in. Wouldn’t be surprised if they try to trade one of them for future capital, especially if theirs conveys.

If the Raptors end up with pick 6, I wonder if they'd do something like that pick for the TOR'25 + CHA'25 pick. Essentially they'd be lifting the protections so the pick conveys this year in exchange for a couple of future seconds, and they don't have to worry about the pick going to the Spurs in 2025 or 2026.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with that draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Raptors end up with pick 6, I wonder if they'd do something like that pick for the TOR'25 + CHA'25 pick. Essentially they'd be lifting the protections so the pick conveys this year in exchange for a couple of future seconds, and they don't have to worry about the pick going to the Spurs in 2025 or 2026.
    Not a chance. Their treadmill team should naturally be in a similar range next season around the trade deadline/All-Star break and they'll just tank again and take their chances on worming their way out of the final two seasons until it converts to multiple 2nds.

Keep in mind, their principle owner Tanenbaum is a friend/mentor to Silver (Knicks spilled the beans on this publicly in their lawsuit), their shady POBO Ujiri is also buddies with him from their annual "Giants of Africa" camps in the summer and their GM Webster came from the league office.

This is also a league consumed with globalization and this franchise has conveniently always had lottery luck when they've been down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a chance. Their treadmill team should naturally be in a similar range next season around the trade deadline/All-Star break and they'll just tank again and take their chances on worming their way out of the final two seasons until it converts to multiple 2nds.

Keep in mind, their principle owner Tanenbaum is a friend/mentor to Silver (Knicks spilled the beans on this publicly in their lawsuit), their shady POBO Ujiri is also buddies with him from their annual "Giants of Africa" camps in the summer and their GM Webster came from the league office.

This is also a league consumed with globalization and this franchise has conveniently always had lottery luck when they've been down.
    Yeah, I remember how the Raptors have won the lottery for three of the best big man prospects in history.

Lay off the conspiracy crack pipe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I remember how the Raptors have won the lottery for three of the best big man prospects in history.

Lay off the conspiracy crack pipe.
    Yeah, because they were in contention for them, weren't they?

I didn't say the Spurs haven't benefitted or that the rigging has only benefitted the Craptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because they were in contention for them, weren't they?

I didn't say the Spurs haven't benefitted or that the rigging has only benefitted the Craptors.
    Raptors were a lottery team last year. Why didn't Silver gift his buddies Wemby?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we still had Chip I'd probably have Castle #1 on my board since he does everything other than shoot well while also having great size. Without Chip though Castle is a real gamble, especially if you have to take him say #3 or #4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors were a lottery team last year. Why didn't Silver gift his buddies Wemby?
    They had the 13th best odds, so they weren't a legit candidate.

Their relationship with the league office is also well known throughout the league, so it would have looked especially bad had something like that happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reptiles went 3-21 to finish the season. Monumental throwing away games to secure their pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m Still on Sheppard with the Toronto pick. If I remember it right at the start of the season Spurs want to play fast. Imagine what Reed can do with a fast team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reptiles went 3-21 to finish the season. Monumental throwing away games to secure their pick.
    Still a 54.15% chance that the pick conveys to the Spurs. Though had they been 7th, then the odds would have been over 68% that the pick would convey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly’s in my tier 1 list and it would have been so easy for him to be alone there if his defense was just average.

however…

I glued my eyes to Dilly’s defensive tape and the remarks about his poor defense are not overblown. It is horrendous. He’s often getting blown by and left to dust. I had Forbes flashbacks.

but his potential on offense is so good he stays in my tier 1 list.
    I believe I read an article from Bleacher report that basically said that Dilly may be the worse defender in the entire draft .,ouch.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe I read an article from Bleacher report that basically said that Dilly may be the worse defender in the entire draft .,ouch.
    This is why I doubt the Spurs will have any interest in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I doubt the Spurs will have any interest in him.
    the president and head coach said malaki branham has been wonderful, so i dont think bad defense is a disqualifier anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one Topic or Matas will be a spur, seem like fits around wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the president and head coach said malaki branham has been wonderful, so i dont think bad defense is a disqualifier anymore
    The expectations are not the same for branham and and a top 5 pick imo

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Topic pulled the plug after a game and a half the first time against serious compe ion when he was getting exposed.
    Sharpe got on Kentucky at mid season when they were already playing around the same time Topic shut it down. So both players didn't play( Sharpe not in game shape and coming out of high school and Topic injured) around the same time after joining new teams.

Bottom line both players are hiding possibly poor performances that may hurt their draft stock. Exstatic was off Sharpe for sitting and now change for Topic so my statement stands it depends on the player.
    Last edited by rascal; 1 Week Ago at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information