Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why has Atlanta, with a one year exception, been a first round out? Why are they currently 12-18 with no notable injuries? Superstars do better than that. He’s a skinny James Harden who won’t win anything, either, and before you come at me with Wemby, note that he took John Collins, a legit 20/10 guy, and slowly destroyed his game by denying him the ball. A heliocentric guard would be about the worst archetype player to acquire.
    Nikola Jokic didn't do anything until his side stars got healthy. Be real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a big fan of Luka, and the Spurs potentially trying to land him down the road... but his teams have also, with a one year exception, been a first round out. Superstars do better than that?
    Not the biggest Luka fan. I’d be in favor as a distressed asset and a forced trade at a discount. If it doesn’t work out, you haven’t lost much, and can move on. The poster advocated giving back everything from the DJ trade to get Trae. That’s a mistake you may not be able to recover from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikola Jokic didn't do anything until his side stars got healthy. Be real.
    Who’s injured on Atlanta?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is such a dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who’s injured on Atlanta?
    k ur just a trae hater. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    k ur just a trae hater. Lmao
    You’re the one who brought player health into the discussion, vis a vis, jokic and the nuggets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/r...own-or-rebuild

Raptors reportedly have “no appe e for a reset, teardown or rebuild”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/r...own-or-rebuild

Raptors reportedly have “no appe e for a reset, teardown or rebuild”
    Excellent news. They just have to keep plowing along like they have thus far this season, and then we all stop giving a about the Raptors (and maybe steal OG from them in the offseason)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent news. They just have to keep plowing along like they have thus far this season, and then we all stop giving a about the Raptors (and maybe steal OG from them in the offseason)
    I never understood the deal with OG, what do you see in him? I guess that he is on a friendly contract but he only has one year left and it is a player option so he will expect more money after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the deal with OG, what do you see in him? I guess that he is on a friendly contract but he only has one year left and it is a player option so he will expect more money after that.
    he's a high end on ball defender who is a capable shooter and a good athlete that can convert at the rim. basically exactly what we need at the 3

he will be expensive though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year is an option for him, and he will opt out, so he’ll want more money this summer.

I liked him, pre-draft, I liked him on his rookie deal, I even liked him on his extension, but I’m not sure I like him at $30M.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year is an option for him, and he will opt out, so he’ll want more money this summer.

I liked him, pre-draft, I liked him on his rookie deal, I even liked him on his extension, but I’m not sure I like him at $30M.
    I'd love him at $30 million. Too bad he'll cost $45 million.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You’re the one who brought player health into the discussion, vis a vis, jokic and the nuggets.
    I think what he means is that Trae doesnt have any side stars, and even the best player in the NBA needed his side stars to be healthy to make any real noise, so he shouldnt get hate for failing while not having any real legit 2nd/3rd options

Not saying i agree or disagree, but I think that is what CC was getting at

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't get 45 millions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one will have that kind of cap room next summer, not even us, and frankly, he’s not worth that if he doesn’t create for himself and others. He’s a 3andD, a very good one, but a support piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what he means is that Trae doesnt have any side stars, and even the best player in the NBA needed his side stars to be healthy to make any real noise, so he shouldnt get hate for failing while not having any real legit 2nd/3rd options

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae is a flawed star, but he's one of the best offensive engines in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This reminds me of the old arguments about TD/KG, where KG apologists always said he didn’t have the support the TD did,until I pointed out that Starbury, Sczerbiak, and Tom Gugliotta were each All Star selections during his time in Minnesota.

Trae has had support in Collins, who was a 20/10 player when Trae showed up, and in DJ. I mean, they made the ECFs, even if it was a bit of a fluke. Either someone was helping him, or he was the franchise guy, and his game has now slipped to the point where they’re in the lottery.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This reminds me of the old arguments about TD/KG, where KG apologists always said he didn’t have the support the TD did,until I pointed out that Starbury, Sczerbiak, and Tom Gugliotta were each All Star selections during his time in Minnesota.

Trae has had support in Collins, who was a 20/10 player when Trae showed up, and in DJ. I mean, they made the ECFs, even if it was a bit of a fluke. Either someone was helping him, or he was the franchise guy, and his game has now slipped to the point where they’re in the lottery.
    Marbury was an inefficient chucker who wanted out, and the other two were bums. KG is not on the same level as TD regardless, but his FO definitely failed to put any real talent around him for the majority of his tenure, though it can be argued a lot of that was due to his massive contract. not sure AS appearances matter though, considering they are handed out based on team record a lot. imo All-NBA appearances are more important and they have a combined 0 in their careers. not to mention TG and WZ only made 1 allstar appearance each, 5 years apart with no other MIN allstars between them

John Collins sucks, whether he averaged 20/10 or not which means little. DJ is also not a real star and we all know his limitations. I don't think Trae Young is top 10 player or anything but he is a legit star player imho, you don't put up 30/10 like he does if you suck. but there certainly are limitations to building around a 5'10" bomber who plays 0 defense, for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marbury was an inefficient chucker who wanted out, and the other two were bums. KG is not on the same level as TD regardless, but his FO definitely failed to put any real talent around him for the majority of his tenure, though it can be argued a lot of that was due to his massive contract. not sure AS appearances matter though, considering they are handed out based on team record a lot. imo All-NBA appearances are more important and they have a combined 0 in their careers. not to mention TG and WZ only made 1 allstar appearance each, 5 years apart with no other MIN allstars between them

John Collins sucks, whether he averaged 20/10 or not which means little. DJ is also not a real star and we all know his limitations. I don't think Trae Young is top 10 player or anything but he is a legit star player imho, you don't put up 30/10 like he does if you suck. but there certainly are limitations to building around a 5'10" bomber who plays 0 defense, for sure
    When you have a 7'4 8 foot wingspan menace on your team to shore up defense, you can cover for Trae youngs defensive failings. It would be an all time pairing.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    When you have a 7'4 8 foot wingspan menace on your team to shore up defense, you can cover for Trae youngs defensive failings. It would be an all time pairing.
    I agree. Give Trae someone like Wemby and another two way threat on the perimeter and he would look 10x better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

marbury was not an all star in his time in minnesota...

and then you cant compare 1x all stars like gugliotta and szczerbiak to robinson, ginobili, parker...

the best go-to argument is just 2003

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not pleased with the Charlotte trade. We have 3 straight years of lottery protected picks and then we lose out. That sucks. I could see lottery protected the first year in 2023, but after that, it should have been top 6 protected the last two years. Of course, this year, they are trying hard to be the top pick in the draft. Unfortunately for them, Detroit has cornered the market on fest.

I guess we can forget about the Charlotte pick.

Toronto is frustrating. They keeping hovering between the 6-8 worst record in the league. We need them to go on a winning streak of about 5-6 games. That would put them damn near playoff contention at this point of the season.

I want no part of Trae. Yes, he is a damn good player. Yes, he can light up the scoreboard. Yes, he is an alley-oop waiting to happen. However, he is inefficient overall, he is a ball hog, and he plays with heroball mentality. Also, he cannot seem to get along well with any other top players on his team. First it was Collins and now it is Murray. Also, he is kind of undersized, so no thank you.

I also do not want Murray back. He burned his bridges here with his post trade comments about the team and the city. Rot in lanta for all I care.

I am more than happy to keep their picks and use them as golden tickets to possible find a draft gem, or trade for a high caliber player that will compliment Wemby and Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not pleased with the Charlotte trade. We have 3 straight years of lottery protected picks and then we lose out. That sucks. I could see lottery protected the first year in 2023, but after that, it should have been top 6 protected the last two years. Of course, this year, they are trying hard to be the top pick in the draft. Unfortunately for them, Detroit has cornered the market on fest.

I guess we can forget about the Charlotte pick.

Toronto is frustrating. They keeping hovering between the 6-8 worst record in the league. We need them to go on a winning streak of about 5-6 games. That would put them damn near playoff contention at this point of the season.

I want no part of Trae. Yes, he is a damn good player. Yes, he can light up the scoreboard. Yes, he is an alley-oop waiting to happen. However, he is inefficient overall, he is a ball hog, and he plays with heroball mentality. Also, he cannot seem to get along well with any other top players on his team. First it was Collins and now it is Murray. Also, he is kind of undersized, so no thank you.

I also do not want Murray back. He burned his bridges here with his post trade comments about the team and the city. Rot in lanta for all I care.

I am more than happy to keep their picks and use them as golden tickets to possible find a draft gem, or trade for a high caliber player that will compliment Wemby and Vassell.
    The Charlotte pick wasn’t acquired from Charlotte, it was literally a throw in to the Dejounte trade. In fact, it was originally traded to NY, who traded it to ATL, who then traded it to us. We got enough good, unprotected assets to take a non lottery first as a sweetener.

Toronto is pretty much exactly where I want them. We have 3 years to get the pick, so I’m willing to risk the chance that they jump into the top 4 against the chance that we get pick 7 or 8 this year. In two years, if we haven’t nabbed the pick yet,I’ll feel differently.

We agree on Trae and the ATL picks.
    Last edited by exstatic; 12-30-2023 at 08:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information