Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just lost at home to a Portland without 2 of their best players and on the second game in a btb. 1-3 now. That pick won't convey if this keeps up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just lost at home to a Portland without 2 of their best players and on the second game in a btb. 1-3 now. That pick won't convey if this keeps up.
    They are not that bad of a team, and they’re playing in the Eastern conference they’ll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re pretty bad, they have no spacing, no bench, a rookie coach and some unhappy players. Once Siakam realises he has no chance to make an all NBA team he’ll be traded as well. At some point we may have to root for them to win some games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worthy thread. I can see them losing in the play-in and gifting us the #12 or so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I 100-percent expect them to try to tank in order to keep the pick. The issue though is that with flattened lottery odds, it's very possible to slip out of the top six if you aren't one of the four worst teams in the league. It's not hard to imagine that pick conveying against Toronto's will, especially if the Spurs finish in the bottom five. That Poeltl trade looks really disastrous right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol way to early to say the trade is disastrous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally I wouldn’t want to use that Toronto pick for drafting yet another rookie. I’d much rather it having good trade value around the deadline. Say, if Toronto are in the bottom third by then and they are offered their pick back for OG it might actually be the best one on the table for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol way to early to say the trade is disastrous
    I mean, I guess that it can turn out okay if Toronto only gives the second-rounders. But Masai doubling down on this roster has lead to him giving up a lot of future value for a mediocre team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally I wouldn’t want to use that Toronto pick for drafting yet another rookie. I’d much rather it having good trade value around the deadline. Say, if Toronto are in the bottom third by then and they are offered their pick back for OG it might actually be the best one on the table for them.
    depends how high the pick is

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I 100-percent expect them to try to tank in order to keep the pick. The issue though is that with flattened lottery odds, it's very possible to slip out of the top six if you aren't one of the four worst teams in the league. It's not hard to imagine that pick conveying against Toronto's will, especially if the Spurs finish in the bottom five. That Poeltl trade looks really disastrous right now.
    Disastrous for Toronto you mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah im pretty sure thats what he meant based on context of the post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto would have to work very hard for that pick to never convey.
    Even if they tank for 3 years in a row it might convey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto would have to work very hard for that pick to never convey.
    Even if they tank for 3 years in a row it might convey
    notwithstanding ties in the standings, as long as their lottery odds are no higher than 5th best, the pick is more likely than not to convey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Toronto is basically what some people want the Spurs to become. Ujuri tried that "positionless basketball" thinking Barnes was going to be their PG and Achiuwa their center. Then it turned out that having centers is actually important, so they traded what's looking to be a decent pick for Poeltl. But that led to Masai reinvesting in his big wings to the detriment of his guards. Now Toronto is struggling to have a functional offense because they're relying on a PF playing out of position to run things for them. And they don't have the means to improve their back court without getting rid of one of the precious pieces Ujuri has. The good news for them is that they do have the means to do a tear-down if Masai can get over himself. The bad news is that he seems bent on fleecing some team for OG and/or Siakam, so he may end up getting nothing for them ala FVV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Toronto is basically what some people want the Spurs to become. Ujuri tried that "positionless basketball" thinking Barnes was going to be their PG and Achiuwa their center. Then it turned out that having centers is actually important, so they traded what's looking to be a decent pick for Poeltl. But that led to Masai reinvesting in his big wings to the detriment of his guards. Now Toronto is struggling to have a functional offense because they're relying on a PF playing out of position to run things for them. And they don't have the means to improve their back court without getting rid of one of the precious pieces Ujuri has. The good news for them is that they do have the means to do a tear-down if Masai can get over himself. The bad news is that he seems bent on fleecing some team for OG and/or Siakam, so he may end up getting nothing for them ala FVV.
    Sounds like TD21's wet dream tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raps will need to trade a lot of players top become a bottom 6 team in the nba

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently last in the East.

I see them unloading players for draft picks around the trade deadline and tanking to keep their top 6 pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? The Spurs need a to add at least three strong players, one high scoring wing who can shoot the 3, a top pg, and a center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice draft to pick up a bingo body center and pg type.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re actually sitting pretty! It’s coming together but we need size to surround Wemby with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who are the other teams that will be predicted to be top worst teams....Portland,houston,charlotte,orlando,washin gton....who else

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice draft to pick up a bingo body center and pg type.
    Is it a good draft for pgs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a good likelihood neither Charlotte nor Toronto conveys. Charlotte is going to be feast or famine. Their star is wildly inconsistent and the rest of the roster is a hodgepodge. Their two vets, Rozier and Hayward, are more or less checked out. I don't see the playoffs for them this year. Toronto should be better but the chemistry is fairly shattered with constant trade rumors. First-year coach won't help. It feels like they'll stabilize and fortunately they don't need to make the postseason to convey.

Chicago is worth watching. They really should blow it up this year, which will impact the 2025 draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a good draft for pgs
    Too early too tell, but seems many of the better prospects are SFs this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a good likelihood neither Charlotte nor Toronto conveys. Charlotte is going to be feast or famine. Their star is wildly inconsistent and the rest of the roster is a hodgepodge. Their two vets, Rozier and Hayward, are more or less checked out. I don't see the playoffs for them this year. Toronto should be better but the chemistry is fairly shattered with constant trade rumors. First-year coach won't help. It feels like they'll stabilize and fortunately they don't need to make the postseason to convey.

Chicago is worth watching. They really should blow it up this year, which will impact the 2025 draft.
    im not really worried about the toronto pick yet. if they wind up the 6th worst team, that still means there's more than a 50% chance of the pick conveying.

charlotte was always less likely with the heavier protections and less established roster. i think on paper they have enough to fight for a playoff spot, but it requires a lot of things to coalesce. lamelo has never been very efficient, but he's also shot 25% from the field so far. theres also still the pending return of their resident s bag, miles bridges, which would reduce how much they need to rely on gordon hayward (even though he has played pretty well to start the year).

brandon miller has also hit the ground running for them, and mark williams continues to play well. im still keeping an eye on them

Thread Information