Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing matters until after the lottery. Final finish is irrelevant. People need to stop losing their after every game.
    Ummm, May 12th is the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummm, May 12th is the lottery
    Right, nearly TWO MONTHS AWAY. The post lottery results are what determine the pick, not the final finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, nearly TWO MONTHS AWAY. The post lottery results are what determine the pick, not the final finish.
    not sure why you quoted me then, I was talking about lottery night not tonight's games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if memphis beats okc,i will be mind blown.We should of thrown big money at their coach and scouts.
    I've posted it before and will probably keep doing it: Blake Ahearn, Memphis assistant and former Austin Spurs G-league head coach, as well as briefly a Spurs player for 3 games, should be on the shortlist of coaching candidates when Pop retires in 25 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure why you quoted me then, I was talking about lottery night not tonight's games
    The most negative view possible, then. If they finish 6th, the odds of them staying there are 8.6%. They have better odds at the #1 pick, 9%, and the odds of them dropping to #7 and surrendering the pick are 29.8%, the highest odds of #7 for any finish position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most negative view possible, then. If they finish 6th, the odds of them staying there are 8.6%. They have better odds at the #1 pick, 9%, and the odds of them dropping to #7 and surrendering the pick are 29.8%, the highest odds of #7 for any finish position.

and Spurs dropping to 7th is a 7% chance. so yes, absolute worst case scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and Spurs dropping to 7th is a 7% chance. so yes, absolute worst case scenario
    No, if Toronto finishes 6th in the final finish, the odds of them dropping to 7th are 29.8%. Check the pick odds on Tankathon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, if Toronto finishes 6th in the final finish, the odds of them dropping to 7th are 29.8%. Check the pick odds on Tankathon.
    re-read my post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King's choking this game against Memphis. Toronto's about to overtake them for 6th.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King's choking this game against Memphis. Toronto's about to overtake them for 6th.
    how.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis up 2 with 33 seconds left.

EDIT: Going to overtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well sacto finally did the job and won

but Memphis is playing way better than Toronto is right now. Only a matter of time imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s possible that Toronto climbs to 6, but that’s probably it. Portland have become expert tankers the last two years, and likely see Toronto in their rear view mirror. With most teams approaching 70 games, there isn’t enough time left to jump to #5, and erase that 4 game gap. I’m ok with Toronto at #6 pre-lottery, because they have very little chance of staying there, less chance than we had to win the lottery last year, less chance than THEY have of winning the lottery this year at the #6 position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the end of the day, this pick is trade-bait. there's no way the FO is going to just draft 18yo, or multiple of them, hoping they work out. it just doesn't make sense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s possible that Toronto climbs to 6, but that’s probably it. Portland have become expert tankers the last two years, and likely see Toronto in their rear view mirror. With most teams approaching 70 games, there isn’t enough time left to jump to #5, and erase that 4 game gap. I’m ok with Toronto at #6 pre-lottery, because they have very little chance of staying there, less chance than we had to win the lottery last year, less chance than THEY have of winning the lottery this year at the #6 position.
    them getting 6 is not ok...Thats bad for us.Odds are in there favor.If they get 7th worst,Odds are in our favor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    them getting 6 is not ok...Thats bad for us.Odds are in there favor.If they get 7th worst,Odds are in our favor.
    For the overall pick, yes, it’s better for them to be #7. For scoring pick #7? FAR, far better for them to finish 6th. If they finish 7th, the pick has a 19.7 chance of being #7. If they finish 6th, those odds for pick #7 become 29.8%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've posted it before and will probably keep doing it: Blake Ahearn, Memphis assistant and former Austin Spurs G-league head coach, as well as briefly a Spurs player for 3 games, should be on the shortlist of coaching candidates when Pop retires in 25 years
    Something magic is going on in Memphis, whether it's Jenkins or other members of his coaching staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something magic is going on in Memphis, whether it's Jenkins or other members of his coaching staff.
    It’s stupid, because they have no chance of playing in, they’re just dropping their pick odds. Imagine the difference between adding a top 3 pick to Ja and JJJ, or adding a 7-9 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s stupid, because they have no chance of playing in, they’re just dropping their pick odds. Imagine the difference between adding a top 3 pick to Ja and JJJ, or adding a 7-9 pick.
    Haven't we established that top3 in this year's draft is nothing special?

Anyhow, there was no way for them to get top3 worst odds with current worst teams being so bad.
    Having 4th or 6th worst odds doesn't change that much. They're looking for role players, anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus Portland has the 5th strongest schedule remaining, with the return of bane memphis will pass toronto but they'll be 6th before the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called having a competent coach and system tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't we established that top3 in this year's draft is nothing special?

Anyhow, there was no way for them to get top3 worst odds with current worst teams being so bad.
    Having 4th or 6th worst odds doesn't change that much. They're looking for role players, anyway.
    That’s your opinion.

I think they probably could have gotten as high as #4, pre lottery, if they had gone into the tank when they should have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this draft, probably not a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They realize something that many pro-tankers don’t: there is actual value in developing, playing compe ive basketball and not being bottom dwelling losers for multiple years. The compe iveness that the role players experience now will pay major dividends when their stars are back in the fold… much more than the difference between taking Kirk Heinrich at #3 instead of Goran Dragic at #7.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to the better than decent chance that the number 9 pick in this draft is just as good as the number 1 pick, I think that not tanking is good for maintaining a franchise standard and winning culture, good for keeping their fanbase engaged, and just generally overall good karma in the eyes of the basketball gods.

I don't begrudge the Spurs front office for not fully tanking after trading Kawhi even though it may have been the smart thing to do at the time. In many ways, I admire it. I like to think in my warped little mind that things worked out the way they did with Wemby for the same reasons. Watch Memphis defy the lottery odds and end up in the top 3 anyway.

Thread Information