Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its just sad. The guy should have retired 3 or 4 years ago and just enjoyed retirement... And if he wanted to stay in basketball, the Spurs should have given him some job in the FO, or just stick to the USA team.
    Exactly.

Pop should go be a pundit for MSNBC since politics is obviously his main passion.

I thought he was just hanging around for the all time wins record. But since he already accomplished that, not sure what his MO is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Pop should go be a pundit for MSNBC since politics is obviously his main passion.

I thought he was just hanging around for the all time wins record. But since he already accomplished that, not sure what his MO is now.
    Selfishness. He knows that after basketball there's nothing else for him, he wants to drag this out as much as possible. He's, without a doubt, the worst coach in the NBA right now. I can't think of any other coach that handicaps his own team so blatantly as Pop.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ^ That's fair

Pop led Team USA but ultimately his legacy is tied to Duncan. He held on too long and look what happened - Wemby fell in his lap.

In Pop's eyes the league is in transition with James/Curry also hanging on and the younger generation still without a definite face of the league. He probably believes he can quickly help Wembly turn into that and Spurs into a contender.

Pop is 74
    Pete Carroll 72
    Dusty Baker 74
    Belichick 71
    Saban 72

Krzyzewski retired at 74

Ofcourse I disagree with some of Popovich's out spoken views & behavior but he directly helped build what the Spurs brand is today. As long as he isn't hurting Wemby's development, I believe he deserves to call his shots.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-20-2023 at 04:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chance to coach one of the best prospects of all time?

He very well might have retired if we didn't win the lottery.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The chance to coach one of the best prospects of all time?

He very well might have retired if we didn't win the lottery.

Well, now with Wemby I get him hanging around.

Thing is, Pop once said when Duncan retired he would be right behind him. Duncan retired in like 2016 and the Spurs have been pretty bad for most of that so it's been puzzling to me why he has hung around for all that time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thing is, Pop once said when Duncan retired he would be right behind him. Duncan retired in like 2016 and the Spurs have been pretty bad for most of that so it's been puzzling to me why he has hung around for all that time.
    He made a promise to Lamarcus Aldridge to stick around when he signed with the Spurs in 2015. Then Pop's wife died in 2018. Had that not happened I think he would have retired after 2020-21 once Lamarcus had gone to Brookyln but doubt he wants to give up a coaching career to be retired alone. Plus he seems to really love this young team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude, after all these years of me owning that ass of yours on every single forum of this site, you are still begging for more?
    I'd ask you for quotes of you owning my ass on EVERY SINGLE forum of this site, but won't even bother because that's only a product of your creative imagination

If I made this thread, it is for a reason. You really think we give a about losses or uneven performances here and there in his rookie season?
    Told you to stop the circle jerk, 8 straight losses since you've created this thread FAP

Even if Wembanyama turns out be this transcendent superstar, he won't win by himself, just like any other superstar in league history. As of this moment, you don't even have anyone on your team that's even close to looking like a 2nd option on a playoff team.

Coaching that's not senile, the hard task of attracting quality free agents to Fat Antonio, drafting well, potential injuries to a body type that's well do ented to be injury prone.

There's too many variables and too much that can go wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As you said, he wanted to break the wins record. That was just last year. I suppose he could've retired summer '22, but by then he already knew they had a shot at Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd ask you for quotes of you owning my ass on EVERY SINGLE forum of this site, but won't even bother because that's only a product of your creative imagination

Told you to stop the circle jerk, 8 straight losses since you've created this thread FAP

Even if Wembanyama turns out be this transcendent superstar, he won't win by himself, just like any other superstar in league history. As of this moment, you don't even have anyone on your team that's even close to looking like a 2nd option on a playoff team.

Coaching that's not senile, the hard task of attracting quality free agents to Fat Antonio, drafting well, potential injuries to a body type that's well do ented to be injury prone.

There's too many variables and too much that can go wrong.
    Do you really want me to search the Soccer forum posts?

Again, who gives a about losses this season? I made this thread because it is already obvious Wemby is great, that means the Spurs will be relevant for years to come (unless senile Pop runs the French out of town).

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol worst team in the nba
    lol worse SRS than the 09-10 nets who won 12 games
    lol manu > dirk
    lol kawhi > lebron
    lol murray > luka
    lol now wemby > luka

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    being lectured as a grown adult on when you can or can't boo. This is a new level of sports fandom low tbh imho

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol worst team in the nba
    lol worse SRS than the 09-10 nets who won 12 games
    lol manu > dirk
    lol kawhi > lebron
    lol murray > luka
    lol now wemby > luka
    who the are these re s?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who the are these re s?
    Himself just making stuff up so that he can troll.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    who the are these re s?
    lol manu > dirk - daf
    lol kawhi > lebron - daf
    lol murray > luka - fkla
    lol now wemby > luka - daf

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    ^facts

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol 14 game losing streak

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don’t jinx it man!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not a chance tbh. They’ve got a 6 or 7 year window with healthy Wemby starting now. He’s so good they might get one in that window, but Wemby is here for a good time not a long time.
    Eh not sure. He might jet faster than Kawhi if this kind of losing goes beyond this year. They must attempt to seriously improve over the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 14 game losing streak
    lol fastest man to 20/20.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol fastest to a 17 game losing streak

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy that he has actually made the team worse, which was almost impossible.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what an incredible thread.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Jinx thread at it’s finest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jinx thread at it’s finest
    This is my next Messi=GOD thread, tbh. In 15 years time when Wemby is the GOAT I will be here ting on all of you with my superior intelect and just winning aura in life, tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    This is my next Messi=GOD thread, tbh. In 15 years time when Wemby is the GOAT I will be here ting on all of you with my superior intelect and just winning aura in life, tbh.
    if that day comes, then you can enjoy it

meanwhile, enjoy 0-17 runs and your history of bad takes like manu>dirk or kawhi>lebron proving your inferior intellect and a losing aura in life

Thread Information