Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season has gone as expected so far tbh.
    young team is 3-4 on the season, with ups and downs. Yeah it’s about right… because If we win against Toronto we’d be 4-4. That’s overachieving tbh.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    young team is 3-4 on the season, with ups and downs. Yeah it’s about right… because If we win against Toronto we’d be 4-4. That’s overachieving tbh.
    It’s also exactly what the organization said they would do.

1. They wouldn’t through money away in free agency and risk cap flexibility… because there were no major game changing moves available.

2. They’re not going to package up any current heavy rotation players because they wanted to get a look at what they had alongside Wemby.

3. They aren’t going to move all these potential picks until 2 happens or it’s a clear deal that unquestionably solidifies a major need. Without heavily compromising the timeline IE trading for Lilliard.

We’re a half dozen games in and everyone wants them to “do something”. For s sake… can they at least have a half season to play around with things and develop guys in and out of position.

Yeah it’s tough seeing Sochan at point but there’s no indication that they see this as a long term solution. It’s a means to an end and Sochan isn’t gonna be worse off for the work. Should improve his handles and ability to set up things down the road.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re a half dozen games in and everyone wants them to “do something”. For s sake… can they at least have a half season to play around with things and develop guys in and out of position.

Yeah it’s tough seeing Sochan at point but there’s no indication that they see this as a long term solution. It’s a means to an end and Sochan isn’t gonna be worse off for the work. Should improve his handles and ability to set up things down the road.
    I keep hearing this, but it's not so black and white. I don't see most suggesting they blow their load in regards to assets to attempt to solve this issue now, most are just saying start Jones, maybe insert Graham into the rotation, etc. Minor changes so that they can run a functional half court offense.

Sochan might be worse off if his confidence is dented and he loses developmental time in the role he should be in.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing this, but it's not so black and white. I don't see most suggesting they blow their load in regards to assets to attempt to solve this issue now, most are just saying start Jones, maybe insert Graham into the rotation, etc. Minor changes so that they can run a functional half court offense.

Sochan might be worse off if his confidence is dented and he loses developmental time in the role he should be in.
    I’m completely open to your first paragraph. Both suggestions are things I’d have no issue with.

But obviously this Sochan thing is a deliberate attempt to accomplish something so it may just need to run its course. Jeremy doesn’t strike me as someone whose confidence would be easily compromised. If he can set aside his ego and aesthetics to take one handed free throws I have little concern about his psyche from playing wildly out of position.

Dude is a bit of a free thinker. I don’t see that going south.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest if Sochan ego is being hurt then he is not the type of person we need on our team if we ever thinking of winning a Championship. But, I agree with BB I don't think he has a weak mind and I think he is on board with what they are attempting to do so will wait and see what happens. To me I personally don't think it will work out for him as our PG of the future but I definitely think him playing point will help us and his career long term.

This team is going to look drastically different in the next two years.......so sit back and enjoy Wemby as they grow up so fast..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Spurs don't need more rookies, so tanking is not likely. They need a savvy veteran presence at least one. Victor shouldn't be the blame/credit guy this early and the other pieces don't make blame/credit salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS FO should be looking to trade for a solid vet that compliments Wenby because Wemby doesn't need more rookies alongside him. He is the guy and needs to be treated as such.

Just look how the Bulls did it to go on their dominant runs with Michael Jorden and Pipen (Wemby and Visal as parallel) the rest of the team that they built around those two was mostly solid vets that they would change out over the years.

This team doesn't need another lottery pick is what I'm saying, they have enough there. The FO just needs to stop acting stupid and add players that our franchise player needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't need more rookies, so tanking is not likely. They need a savvy veteran presence at least one. Victor shouldn't be the blame/credit guy this early and the other pieces don't make blame/credit salary.
    spurs don't need any more middle of the road rookies but they can certainly use more talent, regardless of where it comes from. my hope is that they are using this year to gauge what players will play a role in the future and which players will not. then, use their draft and free agency to begin the process of building that core into a contender over the next few years. this is not going to happen overnight so i think rookies can still very much be a part of this process.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    spurs don't need any more middle of the road rookies but they can certainly use more talent, regardless of where it comes from. my hope is that they are using this year to gauge what players will play a role in the future and which players will not. then, use their draft and free agency to begin the process of building that core into a contender over the next few years. this is not going to happen overnight so i think rookies can still very much be a part of this process.
    I'm saying you don't get a generational talent then tank again. Spurs have to play to win, not spend 82 games experimenting with what's likely to be a group of NBA journeymen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying you don't get a generational talent then tank again. Spurs have to play to win, not spend 82 games experimenting with what's likely to be a group of NBA journeymen.
    I’m sure the Holts will be calling you for an interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it is perplexing watching the Sochan experiment, though he was one of our best players at MSG. I heard before the season we were 'paying to win.' I think Pop is not out there desperate to win and is giving these guys some playing time and experience. So I'll refrain from panicking and try to be patient.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no really a clear cut formula. Generational talents don't win anything this early. Some try to accelerate some try to be patient, it still ends up that the prime years of your superstar is the clear championship window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it is perplexing watching the Sochan experiment, though he was one of our best players at MSG. I heard before the season we were 'paying to win.' I think Pop is not out there desperate to win and is giving these guys some playing time and experience. So I'll refrain from panicking and try to be patient.
    If that is supposed to say ‘playing to win’, you heard wrong. In every interview Pop has consistently said that this was an experimental season, that they were trying to see what worked, in terms of player combinations and plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice idea to try Sochan at pg, but it’s just not working, go back to Tre and move Sochan to sixth man.
    Although I appreciate the effort, Wemby needs to not go after everything on defense. He’s wearing himself out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice idea to try Sochan at pg, but it’s just not working, go back to Tre and move Sochan to sixth man.
    Although I appreciate the effort, Wemby needs to not go after everything on defense. He’s wearing himself out.
    IT'S
    BEEN
    EIGHT
    GAMES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is supposed to say ‘playing to win’, you heard wrong. In every interview Pop has consistently said that this was an experimental season, that they were trying to see what worked, in terms of player combinations and plays.
    Yes, a typo, but thats good to hear. That's the whole story there, Pop is experimenting as he should. People like to see wins, but best temper their expectations.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I’m sure the Holts will be calling you for an interview.
    Likewise, asshole

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There is no really a clear cut formula. Generational talents don't win anything this early. Some try to accelerate some try to be patient, it still ends up that the prime years of your superstar is the clear championship window.
    It's not championship or nothing. There's a lot of success in just making the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT'S
    BEEN
    EIGHT
    GAMES
    NOW
    IT’S
    NINE ☹️

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to get some timvp thoughts on what's the answer here. I know it's early. I know we need patience, but what do we do about this roster? What do we do about this point guard who is not a point guard? What do we do about the rest of these players? Is it more about us just waiting out the season and seeing how it goes and then possibly subtracting and adding players. This roster is actually worth keeping? I want to pick your brain brother. Let's have it. I'll bring some old school thoughts of my own.
    son do you believe timvp will talk with us peasants now that the season is over?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably thinking he'll give his input as long as yall keep yours to yourselves

Thread Information