Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think Klanus and McDaniels will get?

Klanus might get 1 token game imo.
    McDaniels probably 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree calling Draymond an ape is horribly racist. You can dislike a player without resorting to the lowest common denominator. But yes, he will be suspended because of (1) reputation; and (2) Gobert was breaking up the fight and Draymond could have grabbed him around the waist, but grabbing him around the neck incites more fighting. He deserves a suspension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dehumanizing black people by calling them apes is a super long historical racist tradition that goes back to slavery, in part as a way to rationalize slavery. So, there's that.
    What is the origin of the racist term "n!gga?"

And moving it to 2023,
    when Blacks call other Blacks "n!gga"
    is that racist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, some of you people are pathetic. Nerds and geezers hiding behind a keyboard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the origin of the racist term "n!gga?"

And moving it to 2023,
    when Blacks call other Blacks "n!gga"
    is that racist?
    you are falling deeper and deeper into the "im a racist defending my racist actions" hole

just let it go -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are falling deeper and deeper into the "im a racist defending my racist actions" hole

just let it go -
    Sure, maybe i need to go to a rally or something.
    Black Lives Matter executive Shalomyah Bowers accused of 'syphoning' $10M from BLM donors, suit says | CNN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

just stop =

i hate draymond more than anyone here - but your labels have already offended some here and that is enough -it is racist to keep doing it and worse - you look like a pathetic trumper racist by defending your racism

also - you immediately introducing BLM - is a huge sign that you have race issues against blacks and it is boring

just stop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just stop =

also - you immediately introducing BLM - is a huge sign that you have race issues against blacks and it is boring

I'm highly offended when called Cracker.

Ok lets get back to the play(s) at hand -agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It reminds me of this thread from WAY back in the day: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225822

I still think how STers raided that forum and trolled those fans is hilarious. But yeah, this site has had a history of using the term "monkey" to describe a "degenerate" style of play or behavior. It is inextricably racist, even though it didn't exclusively apply to black people (Josh McRoberts used to get that label). The term "monkey" is explicitly used as a stand in for the n-word (with an -er, not an -a). If this were 10 years ago, some of the edgier STers would be calling him (N-word)mond Green in these contexts. It's not supposed to implicate all black people, but it is supposed to implicate a "certain kind" of black person, as demarcated by Chris Rock in his famous but in retrospect extremely ty and racist segment. So put another way, calling him "Apemond" is saying, he's acting outside the norms for what normal society considers proper behavior and thus living up to the stereotype of black men put forth by white supremacists and giving those folks ammo to continue to be racists. That is a racist view, but I do have sympathy with folks who developed those views because of people like Rock told them it made sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is soo woke.
    Did you attend any of the BLM protests?

Here is a similar example of racism towards an entire Texas college base:
    Aggies going ape over Express-News Article (spurstalk.com)
    BLM protests? What ethnicity are you? What black history do you know concerning this country? You sound ignorant right now…..I’ll help you figure some things out via your inbox homie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It reminds me of this thread from WAY back in the day: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225822

I still think how STers raided that forum and trolled those fans is hilarious. But yeah, this site has had a history of using the term "monkey" to describe a "degenerate" style of play or behavior. It is inextricably racist, even though it didn't exclusively apply to black people (Josh McRoberts used to get that label). The term "monkey" is explicitly used as a stand in for the n-word (with an -er, not an -a). If this were 10 years ago, some of the edgier STers would be calling him (N-word)mond Green in these contexts. It's not supposed to implicate all black people, but it is supposed to implicate a "certain kind" of black person, as demarcated by Chris Rock in his famous but in retrospect extremely ty and racist segment. So put another way, calling him "Apemond" is saying, he's acting outside the norms for what normal society considers proper behavior and thus living up to the stereotype of black men put forth by white supremacists and giving those folks ammo to continue to be racists. That is a racist view, but I do have sympathy with folks who developed those views because of people like Rock told them it made sense.
    the glory days of ST

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Surely you are joking with this long bull post right? It’s an easy fix, watch your mouth and how you treat others…period.I don’t give two s about Draymond Green the basketball player but calling dude an ape doesn’t pass the smell test! Try trolling a black man in real life by calling him ape, might not be hilarious as you once remembered. Keep it basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the glory days of ST
    Didn’t you and I chop it up once? You the dude who threatened to shoot me because I embarrassed you right? Glory days? Bro you may want to sit this one out. We don’t need other posters feeling sympathy for you again because you can’t shut your mouth….do we?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He chimped out and grabbed another player by the neck. Where's the line with this knuckle dragger?
    These fools defending your ignorance and you to y to do the right thing like apologize…..classic. This fool said knuckle dragger! Clown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely you are joking with this long bull post right? It’s an easy fix, watch your mouth and how you treat others…period.I don’t give two s about Draymond Green the basketball player but calling dude an ape doesn’t pass the smell test! Try trolling a black man in real life by calling him ape, might not be hilarious as you once remembered. Keep it basketball
    Did you even read what I wrote? You seem to be under the impression that I disagree with you. Just because I had a more nuanced view and bothered to explain the term and ST's history with it doesn't mean I was justifying it. Also, it doesn't come up very often, but you don't have to talk to me about what it's like to be a black person. I'm quite aware.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t you and I chop it up once? You the dude who threatened to shoot me because I embarrassed you right? Glory days? Bro you may want to sit this one out. We don’t need other posters feeling sympathy for you again because you can’t shut your mouth….do we?
    What the did you just ing say about me, you little ? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ing dead, kiddo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just stop =

i hate draymond more than anyone here - but your labels have already offended some here and that is enough -it is racist to keep doing it and worse - you look like a pathetic trumper racist by defending your racism

just stop
    but he's not a trumper racist,,,he's a democrat just like you,,,just like Bene is. You see, republicans have been trying to tell black people how racist democrats are but they just dont believe it til they see it right in front of their faces just like this post from ole Multi. Then you other democrats try to hide it under the guise of trumpism when Multi in fact hates trump and republicans,,,so now you will try to rationalize it,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo is off her meds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t help noticing you guys are all going ape.

Carry on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t help noticing you guys are all going ape.

Carry on.
    The_Greatest_Ape

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even read what I wrote? You seem to be under the impression that I disagree with you. Just because I had a more nuanced view and bothered to explain the term and ST's history with it doesn't mean I was justifying it. Also, it doesn't come up very often, but you don't have to talk to me about what it's like to be a black person. I'm quite aware.
    Obviously not homie! I stand on what I said.

Thread Information