Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh Gobert is a huge asshole but he didn't do anything overtly wrong here, he looked like he was just trying to peel Klay off his teammate when Draymond decided he wanted to audition for Dana White's Contender Series.
    Hey, I don't disagree. I mean normally guys that come to break up a fight don't do it by grabbing a guy in a head lock from behind. But that sucker punch and run that Gobert gave Anderson does reek of deserving a shot back, though it should come from Anderson and not Green.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and READ what has been said by me throughout this thread, then and only then ask me that question again with a straight face….dawg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surreal thread tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People should study this because this is the kind of chokehold you need to use if you're trying to kill somebody. He should see a long suspension, if not an assault charge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multi Flabbs is also a pedophile, on top of being racist.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That….

Was a chokehold. You can put someone to sleep with that. Especially if the other guy is that tall and has no way of releasing the hold applied to his neck. If I was #32 I would have applied the hold with the same force and let Draymond feel what passing out means. Take a suspension to force one. No fkn way you chokehold like that when your opponent has no way of getting out of the hold himself. Too crowded and knees buckled. No way. If people don’t know this they have not wrestled. Those skinny basketball necks are easy to choke out.

Big suspension.

Btw that is NOT a headlock. Big difference.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the racist whatever aside, Green just needs the beat out of him. I get the "Gobert kinda deserves it" angle but Draymond has been needing a solid ass kicking for years now. Hes the sucker punch guy in the fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Ben Simmons do this to KAT a few years back? I don't think he got much punishment if any

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the racist whatever aside, Green just needs the beat out of him. I get the "Gobert kinda deserves it" angle but Draymond has been needing a solid ass kicking for years now. Hes the sucker punch guy in the fight.
    Green is moving backwards with Gobert so he can’t get his footing and so he can keep the hold applied.
    Thats absolutely chicken . At that point Green is not trying to breakup a scuffle. He is trying to keep applying the hold. It’s easy if the guy you are applying it to has his back bent backwards and can’t get his footing. He is helpless. Only credit I will give Green is he did not render him unconscious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Ben Simmons do this to KAT a few years back? I don't think he got much punishment if any
    Video?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/XI6h1EkvvJY?si=CFgOaBASLW9xZWWy

Obviously cir stances are not exactly the same but he definitely did put KAT in a chokehold

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Green gets suspended for 1-3 games. I think the NBA really punishes players that take action to escalate a situation. Gobert was trying to hold players back...maybe he held Thompson too long but Green could have held Gobert like he was holding Thompson, but instead he put a head lock from behind and took Gobert off balance so he couldn't get out. Green wasn't trying to stop a fight, he was "protecting a teammate." But what he was really doing was creating a situation that could have escalated into a big fight.

It's probably true that because Gobert sucker punches his teammates that they don't come to help him when he's in a choke hold by another team. But if he was Anthony Edwards, there would have been a bench clearing to get Green to let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Green gets suspended for 1-3 games. I think the NBA really punishes players that take action to escalate a situation. Gobert was trying to hold players back...maybe he held Thompson too long but Green could have held Gobert like he was holding Thompson, but instead he put a head lock from behind and took Gobert off balance so he couldn't get out. Green wasn't trying to stop a fight, he was "protecting a teammate." But what he was really doing was creating a situation that could have escalated into a big fight.

It's probably true that because Gobert sucker punches his teammates that they don't come to help him when he's in a choke hold by another team. But if he was Anthony Edwards, there would have been a bench clearing to get Green to let him go.
    It wasn't a head lock it was a chokehold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything less than 10 games will signal that legitimate MMA-style chokeholds are 100% not a big deal in the NBA, especially for NBA darlings like GS.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apemond Green? What makes Draymond Apemond? I’m confused……
    c'mon, man, you've been here since 2007. you should know racial slurs/innuendo/implications/code words are status quo on ST. not only accepted, but appreciated. One of their favorites that really tickles me is niggra. saw that again last week. some of the pronouns I haven't seen or heard since elementary school back in the 60's. they're really harmless, though. keyboard warriors.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs had a couple of distinct calls they should have made before the ball reached half court. If they had simply blown the whistle sooner those two likely would have stopped.

Draymond T2 and a long suspension because he was being an idiot and imagining there aren't a thousand cameras on him seeing exactly what he's doing.

TBH this is why boxing is more fun to watch. All this ticky-tacky silliness is settled in the ring.

For those who think ape comparisons are some sort of racial coding, consider whether the fact that your mind immediately goes there is indicative of your own racial thoughts. Racism is in intent and/or interpretation. If no racism was intended but you interpret that it was, who was the real racist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got five games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apemond will stop making this the day he meets his Ben Wallace, fake tough clown.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the did you just ing say about me, you little ? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ing dead, kiddo.
    Shut up and stop threatening people on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got five games.
    Predictably pathetic.

Stern Jr. is gonna have more violence on his hands guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got that twinky commissioner on his side as well. Lol @ the “5 games” suspension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up and stop threatening people on here.
    I ING WISH YOU WERE 18 MOTHER ING PUSSY ID COME TO YOUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW AND ING BEAT YOUR ASS. I SWEAR TO ING GOD. I GUARANTEE YOU WOULDNT STEP FOOT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE. YOU ARE A ING LONG HAIRED, NO LIFE, PATHETIC, CANT EVEN LOOK SOMEONE IN THE EYES WHEN THEYRE TALKING TO YOU, . THAT SHOWS YOU HAVE NO BALLS. YET YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT MY ASS, I DONT THINK IM A GREAT FIGHTER, BUT I GUARANTEE IVE BEEN IN MORE FIGHTS THAN YOU AND I WOULDNT HAVE TO TRY TO KICK THE ING OUT OF YOU. ALSO HAVE FUN ING THAT FAT UGLY , WHATS HER NAME JESS, SHES IN HIDIOUS. NOW I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU, BECAUSE I WILL PISS YOU OFF ENOUGH TO HIT ME, THAN I WILL BEAT THE ING OUT OF YOU, AND KICK YOU WHEN YOUR DOWN. DONT THINK BECAUSE YOUR TALL PEOPLE WILL BE SCARED OF YOU, SIZE MEANS NOTHING IN A FIGHT, ITS EXPERIENCE. ID SAY YOUR BEST BET IS GOING FOR MY BALLS, LIKE THE LITTLE THAT YOU ARE, AND BRING A KNIFE, THAN YOU HAVE A CHANCE. YOU CAN ALSO BRING A FRIEND AND ILL KICK BOTH YOUR ASSES AT THE SAME TIME. WOULDNT BE THE FIRST TIME. IM NOT TRYING TO BE TOUGH, I WOULDNT HAVE SAID , BUT TO SAY SHES DISGUSTING, IS A JOKE WHEN YOU STICK YOUR IN A COMPLETELY HIDEOUS FAT . I DONT TALK , I WILL YOU OUT WHEN I SEE YOU AND YOU WONT DO A ING THING, WHITE TRASH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People should study this because this is the kind of chokehold you need to use if you're trying to kill somebody. He should see a long suspension, if not an assault charge.
    He got a 5 game suspension and that was considering his history… IMO it should have been longer. Anyone else not in the Warriors would have gotten more I think. 10 games at least….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got a 5 game suspension and that was considering his history… IMO it should have been longer. Anyone else not in the Warriors would have gotten more I think. 10 games at least….
    Yeah being on a team with Stephen Curry allows you to choke out someone without too much blowback.

Sochan does it and he out for half the season. Maybe he should try it so he won't have to play point guard.

Thread Information