Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His best shots inside the paint is when he only has to catch and shoot maybe a slight step back or turn around but doesn't put the basketball on the floor.

It seems like he is beating himself by trying to be too crafty or rushing himself when he wants to drive past his guy. He should just set and position himself and just simply rise up over the opponent with a jump shot.

Defensively I can't picture the issue in my head at the moment clearly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They keep saying Pop is in a watch & observe mode with Wemby. Wonder how long it will be until they take the information they’ve gathered on his style & preferences and start coaching & guiding the kid. If they don’t time this right, they could really hurt his confidence. Right now, Wemby is screwing up a lot on defense and looks lost on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is ing 19 years old calm down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is ing 19 years old calm down
    And leading all rookies in scoring in an absolutely stacked draft that's considered one of the best talent pools of the century even aside from Wemby.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is a lock to win ROY even with the ole canker sore Pop as head coach,,,,,but youre right on the all star prediction,,,he wont be an all star this year,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And leading all rookies in scoring in an absolutely stacked draft that's considered one of the best talent pools of the century even aside from Wemby.
    incredible achievement lol
    only three players, except Victor, score more than 10 points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incredible achievement lol
    only three players, except Victor, score more than 10 points

Bruh. First of all, that is some sketchy counting on your part.

Secondly, there are 9 rooks scoring over 9 PPG. And aside from Chet, not a single one of them are even in Wemby's stratosphere. He's the 2nd youngest guy on this list and is clearly already the class of this class.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would anyone want players that don't desreve to be a part of the All Star game play in it? Also, if OKC makes the playoffs and the Spurs have a top 3 worst record, Chet should be a clear ROTY... The problem is that the NBA wont have the balls to give it to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would anyone want players that don't desreve to be a part of the All Star game play in it? Also, if OKC makes the playoffs and the Spurs have a top 3 worst record, Chet should be a clear ROTY... The problem is that the NBA wont have the balls to give it to him.
    Bruh there are OKC fans that still vote for Westbrook to be in the ASG every year.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh there are OKC fans that still vote for Westbrook to be in the ASG every year.
    the fan vote is ridiculous, i think everyone knows that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruh. First of all, that is some sketchy counting on your part.

Secondly, there are 9 rooks scoring over 9 PPG. And aside from Chet, not a single one of them are even in Wemby's stratosphere. He's the 2nd youngest guy on this list and is clearly already the class of this class.
    Jeez, some sweet, sweet data. It really matches the eye test - for all the dooming & glooming here, Wemby has made a tremendous impact in every one of his games so far. That just doesn't happen often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, some sweet, sweet data. It really matches the eye test - for all the dooming & glooming here, Wemby has made a tremendous impact in every one of his games so far. That just doesn't happen often.
    He's head and shoulders above anyone else. Yeah, Chet might be having an impressive season but he's on a much better team. Imagine Wemby even right now with a couple of superstars around him like Dame or Luka. He would be catching 6-8 lobs per game for automatic points aside from everything else he's doing to score.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's head and shoulders above anyone else. Yeah, Chet might be having an impressive season but he's on a much better team. Imagine Wemby even right now with a couple of superstars around him like Dame or Luka. He would be catching 6-8 lobs per game for automatic points aside from everything else he's doing to score.
    Yes he would but that would be essentially because of the PG like Deandre Jordan with CP3. For sure Wemby needs a better PG to help him but right now he has a lot of work to do on his side: improve his shooting especially if he is going to continue taking so many threes, decrease his TO, improve his conditioning and maybe bulk up a little. He has huge potential but right he is a rookie making a lot of mistakes

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he would but that would be essentially because of the PG like Deandre Jordan with CP3. For sure Wemby needs a better PG to help him but right now he has a lot of work to do on his side: improve his shooting especially if he is going to continue taking so many threes, decrease his TO, improve his conditioning and maybe bulk up a little. He has huge potential but right he is a rookie making a lot of mistakes
    Yeah his lack of strength really limits him in the halfcourt. Once he's strong enough that he's an automatic score down low if you throw a SF on him so you're stuck putting a big on him I think you'll see his face up game flourish again like it did in France. But he's pretty far from that right now when he's getting locked down by Harrison Barnes on the low block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point you’d have to be a homer to give it to wemby over Chet. Chet is clearly the better rookie right now. He could be better in the future but as of right now, after 11 games, Chet is clearly better.

There’s a reason Emeka okafor won Roy over Dwight. Everybody knew Dwight would be the better player eventually but for that one season okafor as better.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I think this is the first time in his life that he lost so much points in a game...How many games with 40 points losses already?

Maybe D-Rob and Timmy didn't even experience 40 points losses before...
    I doubt many NBA players ever lost by so many points when they were dominating scrubs in their amateur days. It's a team struggle. If Victor played on a team with a superstar and some serviceable guards, he'd be winning more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point you’d have to be a homer to give it to wemby over Chet. Chet is clearly the better rookie right now. He could be better in the future but as of right now, after 11 games, Chet is clearly better.

There’s a reason Emeka okafor won Roy over Dwight. Everybody knew Dwight would be the better player eventually but for that one season okafor as better.
    Yeah, but that Emeka pick was one of those, the voters would have loved to get back.
    I agree that Chet is as much as deserving as Wemby is at this point...this time we are on the hype side (not like with Tim/Kobe) and that feels weird.
    I think Wemby still has a comfortable lead because of that and counting stats, but it would help not to finish as a bottom 3 team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are scheming to stop Wemby on the offensive end. Teams are scheming to avoid Wemby on the defensive end.
    This thread is weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are scheming to stop Wemby on the offensive end. Teams are scheming to avoid Wemby on the defensive end.
    This thread is weird.
    +1

Btw. I could see some FU mode from the one that doesn't get ROY. And if thats Wemby the league could be in trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so would you trade Wemby for Chet? Lmao nobody in their right mind would, or they would be sent to the ward

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. Stupid Post of the Day winner!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is weird.
    Yeah, the Spurs are struggling in part because every team now has the Spurs circled on their calendar. Victor is on a far worse and younger team and hasn't had an entire year with his team. He's 19 and by far the best player on the squad, warts and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby sells, and is the future face of global basketball, like MJ and LeBron , so the networks would push him hard to get ROY to add to his mystique.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So everyone in the media is Spurs homers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So everyone in the media is Spurs homers?
    I don't know how he's clearly better but putting up worse numbers in more minutes on a better team despite a year head start.

Thread Information