Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    His whole WR core will be working at Applebees this time next year. Directly responsible for the Detroit and Philly losses.

Last year was incredible how he won the SB with these bums.

I have no idea who will win the AFC this year. They all have very serious flaws. If it wasn’t for our idiot coaches the Bills would’ve had a prime opportunity this year but it’s too late.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Should the Chiefs draft a QB? Use Mahomes' contract to rebuild the receiving core for example.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Should the Chiefs draft a QB? Use Mahomes' contract to rebuild the receiving core for example.
    What a boring troll attempt, tbh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Yes, get rid of Patrick, build up the WR core and draft a good punter and long snapper

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

That was one of the goals of the NFL by going ultra passing. A few elite teams. A few awful ones and everyone else jumbled up in the middle around .500

Almost every Thursday Night the analyst sell us "the play wasn't pretty but this game is so meaningful for both teams in the standings"
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-21-2023 at 01:34 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    That's been the case for the last 20+ years.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It all circles back to the QBs. It's never been easier to play the position. When guys go from 1 or 2 year starters in College to success their Rookie season - that's a poor reflection on the NFL.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It all circles back to the QBs. It's never been easier to play the position. When guys go from 1 or 2 year starters in College to success their Rookie season - that's a poor reflection on the NFL.
    High school kids have also been able to jump in as freshmen and have success playing college QB in the last 10+ years or so.

I think it starts early on. Kids have access to tools, equipment, and video like never before, starting even at peewee level. Johnny Foosball and what's his name from Florida St both won Heismans as frosh.

Blake,
    per your criteria does this mean Mahomes now sucks?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Blake,
    per your criteria does this mean Mahomes now sucks?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol drafting a long snapper

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    really good discussion this morning on ESPN's First Take regarding the decline of the NFL QB...very thought provoking, give it a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyAjlr0HVA

^^ For non racists Kurt Warner had much to say.
    Said his XFL / Arena league wherever it was he played gave much needed EXPEREINCE.
    Thinks high draft rookies who carry clipboard are not getting game ready stuff.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Meh, Will Huntings theory makes the most sense IMO

with all the dangers of football now being common knowledge, upper middle class parents are steering their kid away from football leading to an exodus of potential QB talent. Warner’s point makes no sense…why would guys coming from college to the NFL all of a sudden be a problem now?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Also the transition to hybrid QBs. What's left when their physical skills deteriorate?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Also the transition to hybrid QBs. What's left when their physical skills deteriorate?
    That's a good point tbh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I don't why offensive coordinators keep beating their QBs up with these 4 yard QB keeper calls in the NFL.

It's always been a thing in college but only in the pros maybe the last 6-7. Just stupid. Honestly even in college it's stupid. That's how Tech blew out their same skinny slow QB three years straight.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I don't why offensive coordinators keep beating their QBs up with these 4 yard QB keeper calls in the NFL.

It's always been a thing in college but only in the pros maybe the last 6-7. Just stupid. Honestly even in college it's stupid. That's how Tech blew out their same skinny slow QB three years straight.
    because of the rise of the athletic, mulatto broccoli haired QB

Also, everyone in the NFL has a short shelf life. If I'm an offensive coordinator, in most cases I'm hoping that I'll be a head coach somewhere within the next 2 years. So I don't really care if I beat down my QB since I'll be jumping ship to a better gig once he breaks down anyway. What ever it takes to win now then get paid later

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Meh, Will Huntings theory makes the most sense IMO

with all the dangers of football now being common knowledge, upper middle class parents are steering their kid away from football leading to an exodus of potential QB talent. Warner’s point makes no sense…why would guys coming from college to the NFL all of a sudden be a problem now?
    If you think about it the timing of when QB talent started to drop off fits this theory the best too.

Even if you ignore the concussion issues, the other injuries ruin your life in a way that you’d never play football if you have an upper middle class upbringing and can make a living doing something else. Drew Brees recently said that his right arm is barely usable anymore because of a shoulder injury. Even with the illustrious career he had, having to live the 2nd half of his life with his right arm out of commission is a steep price to pay.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^^ For non racists Kurt Warner had much to say.
    Said his XFL / Arena league wherever it was he played gave much needed EXPEREINCE.
    Thinks high draft rookies who carry clipboard are not getting game ready stuff.
    Which high draft rookies are carrying clipboards exactly? These days when teams use a top 10 pick on a QB, he’s getting on the field his rookie year.

Idk what the Warner is talking about but the days of Carson Palmer being drafted 1st overall and then not touching the field his rookie year have been over for a long ass time.

The issue isn’t experience, it’s that the modern QB’s ability to sit in the pocket and work through progressions has deteriorated.

Which high draft rookies are carrying clipboards exactly? These days when teams use a top 10 pick on a QB, he’s getting on the field his rookie year.

Idk what the Warner is talking about but the days of Carson Palmer being drafted 1st overall and then not touching the field his rookie year have been over for a long ass time.

The issue isn’t experience, it’s that the modern QB’s ability to sit in the pocket and work through progressions has deteriorated.
    Was listening on my car radio. Ya, must have misheard. Seems like ALL recent QB draft pics are shoved out as starters immediately.
    I know he was talking about lack of development, which is what you stated.
    Ya that is the real problem. And Kurt specifically mentioned what you talked about, that being inability to move to correct spot in pocket. Kurt was saying he learned that thru his Arena and other non NFL games.

I don't think it's strictly low IQ QBs being selected.

Kurt noted how the Jets guy is woefully unprepared. Which is like duh, we all see that.

Myself i also see horrible play calling. Many of these QBs are being attacked damn near immediately by the defense. It's like 1.5 seconds tops to do something with the ball. The M0ron OCs are not having a hot receiver or other out for the QBs when the defense breaks the breach, which is often.
    WRs also have a fair number of modern dumb s, who refuse to do anything but run their exact route and stop and pout when the ball is not thrown directly to them. FFS be prepared to adjust your route a little when the QB is under siege. Same with a poorly thrown ball. Instead of stopping on your route and pouting while watching the defense get the INT, FFS turn your own ass into a "defender" and try to break up the INT.

Lastly will we ever see QBs with high IQ who call and change the play at the line.
    Peyton Manning the 2nd where are you?
    I guess Mahomes does this. Appears vast majority of NFL QBs are not being coached to call the play at the line.

That was Kurts main point.

His clipboard comment was that it cannot be learned on sideline, needs to be experienced thru actual play.
    DK what the solution is.

Thread Information