Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Wemby has proven he can block an occasional 3 point shot, and that's cool. But, he can block a of a lot more shots being closer to the basket. He's proven that as well
    Don’t think you read my post well. Why is wemby being farther from the basket on offense preventing him from blocking shots on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shooting coach is legitimately going to stunt Victor’s growth. What a disaster from the front office and ownership to not keep the best shooting coach in the league knowing development is more important than ever.

Tonight

Chip’s Thunder: 18/38 (47.4%) from three
    Spurs: 5/41 (12.2%) from three
    you can’t even name three shooting coaches without google
    how do you know which one is the best?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can’t even name three shooting coaches without google
    how do you know which one is the best?
    Read the first post, re .

Chip’s work speaks for itself. 5/41 from three also says a lot about the LA Fitness hooper we hired to teach them how to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the first post, re .

Chip’s work speaks for itself. 5/41 from three also says a lot about the LA Fitness hooper we hired to teach them how to shoot.
    you can’t answer anything intelligible except insults, lil boy
    look, i can manipulate statistics too

okc were 5/32 from three against the nuggets
    it says a lot about Chip

20/21 Spurs were 24th in 3p%
    21/22 Spurs were 18th in 3p%
    they had some kind of unremarkable shooting coach, didn't they?

and finally

Keldon
    22/23 33%
    23/24 35%

Doug
    22/23 41%
    23/24 47%

Jeremy
    22/23 25%
    23/24 37%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want Tony Parker and Manu to teach guys how to make layups in traffic. Forget 3s at this point

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams don't attack the basket when he's in drop coverage. That's clear the last two games. Both Vooch and Sengun passed the ball away every time he was covering them after a swat or two.
    Well, then that's perfect and exactly why you want Wemby down low all the time. Other teams wont go into the middle as much...and that means...our guards can stay on their men and actually guard the 3 point line. Which they are not doing now. Any guard who doesn't stay with their man on the 3 point line, or doesn't switch and stay with their switch on the 3 point line gets fined. Because Wemby's got down low.

So, this is actually a very good thing. There is no downside having Wemby playing close to the basket on D.
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 12-13-2023 at 06:48 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think you read my post well. Why is wemby being farther from the basket on offense preventing him from blocking shots on defense
    It's not. I didn't mention offense or defense at all regarding blocks. Didn't think I had to, it was obvious. Blocks come on Defense, unless you want to block your own guys shots? lol. You want Wemby close to the basket on Defense to Rebound AND block shots. You want Wemby close to the basket on Offense to score and rebound. Both are obvious, so I'm not getting your point.

If Wemby is at the 3 point line on Defense, he will get less blocks and rebounds. If he is at the 3 point line on offense, he will get less points and rebounds. Him being at the 3 point line on offense, has nothing to do with blocks...didn't think I need to explain that.

There is literally NO DOWNSIDE to having Wemby play close to the basket on both Offense and Defense. None. If Spurs players start learning to drive, instead of jacking 3's...Good centers know how to move their men out of the way, yet still stay close enough to the basket for the dish from a "good" PG when the D collapses on said PG or Penetrator.
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 12-13-2023 at 06:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not. I didn't mention offense or defense at all regarding blocks. Didn't think I had to, it was obvious. Blocks come on Defense, unless you want to block your own guys shots? lol. You want Wemby close to the basket on Defense to Rebound AND block shots. You want Wemby close to the basket on Offense to score and rebound. Both are obvious, so I'm not getting your point.

If Wemby is at the 3 point line on Defense, he will get less blocks and rebounds. If he is at the 3 point line on offense, he will get less points and rebounds. Him being at the 3 point line on offense, has nothing to do with blocks...didn't think I need to explain that.

There is literally NO DOWNSIDE to having Wemby play close to the basket on both Offense and Defense. None. If Spurs players start learning to drive, instead of jacking 3's...Good centers know how to move their men out of the way, yet still stay close enough to the basket for the dish from a "good" PG when the D collapses on said PG or Penetrator.
    i mean you literally did though. you said you dont want him near the 3 point line on offense, by picking and popping, because its preferable for him to get 20 rebounds and 5 blocks.
    I don't ever want Wemby, our 7'4" generational phenom, more than 18' from the basket. Ever. Yeah, he can develop a great Dirk-like shot. Nobody will be able to block it. Great plan. But, he can get 20 rebounds and 5 blocks a game too, unlike Dirk..STAYING near the basket, not the 3 point line. Screw a pick n roll at the 3 point line to open up a Wemby 3...lol. Well, unless you're tanking...or up 50.
    i dont disagree that wemby should spend a lot of his time inside on offense. but him being able to score effectively from the perimeter will just make him that much harder to defend. hes going to be left wide open at the top of the arc on pick and pops. and i mean wide open. if he could convert those at a good percentage, its just good offense and wouldnt be wise to shy away from it. he's not a good 3 point shooter now, but theres no reason to abandon that part of his game. it can get better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can’t answer anything intelligible except insults, lil boy
    look, i can manipulate statistics too

okc were 5/32 from three against the nuggets
    it says a lot about Chip

20/21 Spurs were 24th in 3p%
    21/22 Spurs were 18th in 3p%
    they had some kind of unremarkable shooting coach, didn't they?

and finally

Keldon
    22/23 33%
    23/24 35%

Doug
    22/23 41%
    23/24 47%

Jeremy
    22/23 25%
    23/24 37%
    What was there to answer? You asked an absolutely re ed question that required no serious response. You asked how did I know what shooting coach is best?

Maybe look at the numbers and you’ll see the Thunder lead the league in 3p% and FT%, it’s in the le Pop sucker. That’s how you know who’s the best shooting coach in the league. I listed the improvements for their individual players under him already. You’re just trying to be an annoying little rat that’s butthurt because PATFO is getting criticized for letting the most important staff member of the last 20 years go for free.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean you literally did though. you said you dont want him near the 3 point line on offense, by picking and popping, because its preferable for him to get 20 rebounds and 5 blocks.

i dont disagree that wemby should spend a lot of his time inside on offense. but him being able to score effectively from the perimeter will just make him that much harder to defend. hes going to be left wide open at the top of the arc on pick and pops. and i mean wide open. if he could convert those at a good percentage, its just good offense and wouldnt be wise to shy away from it. he's not a good 3 point shooter now, but theres no reason to abandon that part of his game. it can get better
    You're wrong on everything. But, that's ok. It's only a game, not important. Have a good one.
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 12-13-2023 at 09:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was there to answer? You asked an absolutely re ed question that required no serious response. You asked how did I know what shooting coach is best?

Maybe look at the numbers and you’ll see the Thunder lead the league in 3p% and FT%, it’s in the le Pop sucker. That’s how you know who’s the best shooting coach in the league. I listed the improvements for their individual players under him already. You’re just trying to be an annoying little rat that’s butthurt because PATFO is getting criticized for letting the most important staff member of the last 20 years go for free.
    if you look at the numbers last season and you’ll see the 76s were leading the league in 3p% and FT%
    why then isn't the 76's shooting coach the best?
    because you only know Chip?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Chip saw the writing on the wall just like Ime, Becky and Messina. The old man is senile and won't go away, so you rather leave the sinking ship early

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you look at the numbers last season and you’ll see the 76s were leading the league in 3p% and FT%
    why then isn't the 76's shooting coach the best?
    because you only know Chip?
    Before I waste any of my time, answer me this. Who had a bigger impact in Kawhi’s development: Pop or Chip?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before I waste any of my time, answer me this. Who had a bigger impact in Kawhi’s development: Pop or Chip?
    Clint Parks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chip Engelland cut so we can save some budget for the highest paid coach in the league. Words can't be said at how much of a monumental up that is going to be.

Thunder shot 18/41 (43.9%) from three tonight. They rank 2nd in FG%, 3P%, and FT%

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh how do you let go of the guy who taught Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker how to shoot? Should have driven a dump truck filled with Benjamins to his doorstep and begged him to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whos our shooting coach again!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh how do you let go of the guy who taught Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker how to shoot? Should have driven a dump truck filled with Benjamins to his doorstep and begged him to stay.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/ima...s/popemote.gif
    Get over yourself

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe chip wanted to leave???? Just a thought….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe chip wanted to leave???? Just a thought….
    Can't blame him, he saw the writing on the wall and wanted to go with Presti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chip and Presti. OKC getting good with our guys.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thunder haven't been relevant since Durant wore the jersey there. Thunder having Chip hasn't made them deadly. They have spent better part of a decade drafting and trading pics until they finally acquired talent. Presti loves draft pics they are his magic gathering decks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thunder haven't been relevant since Durant wore the jersey there. Thunder having Chip hasn't made them deadly. They have spent better part of a decade drafting and trading pics until they finally acquired talent. Presti loves draft pics they are his magic gathering decks.
    Chip absolutely made them deadly bro. Numbers speak for themselves. They have snipers and we have scrubs that make the arena sound like Gaza.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just have more talented shooters who had a ton of uncontested shots. A shooting coach isn't why are roster is weak from the outside.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That drive and kick offense creates the 2nd most wide open looks from 3.

Thread Information