My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ This tbh.

Never too late to fix a mistake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly this is cope. SGA drives more than anybody in the league and has a size advantage against other guards. He’s scoring unless they foul. When you drive into the paint a lot you will get to the line because you will face physical contests more than people settling for 3s

embiid is way more of a foul baiter than anybody I’ve seen, right up there with peak harden. SGA isn’t in their category imo. Tho to their credit, embiid and harden were also aggressive when it comes to driving into the paint relentlessly. Still, they foul bait to a degree SGA does not sniff

let alone Jalen Williams or Chet. Not sure why you’d levy that criticism against them
    SGA doesn’t crack the top 10 in foul rate on drives, but leads all guards in layup attempts

Last edited by spurraider21; 02-20-2024 at 10:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ This tbh.

Never too late to fix a mistake
    All of his guys are shooting well, and OKC is the #2 seed in he west, currently. I’m not seeing a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably just came down to him not wanting to go through a rebuild. It’s not for everyone.
    When he signed with OKC they were thought to be a rebuilding team, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Mark Daigneault said Chip Engelland will have a unique role and won’t be at every game. "

This the reason, he wants to work less and be paid more. Who wouldn't tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he signed with OKC they were thought to be a rebuilding team, tbh.
    Only if you don’t understand rebuilds. They had SGA, JW had completed his rookie season, and they had just drafted Chet, with every reason to think he would be a contributor. The fact that he missed the year, and OKC still made the play in shows how wrong people were who thought they wouldn’t be much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if you don’t understand rebuilds. They had SGA, JW had completed his rookie season, and they had just drafted Chet, with every reason to think he would be a contributor. The fact that he missed the year, and OKC still made the play in shows how wrong people were who thought they wouldn’t be much.
    Nobody expected OKC to be this good. Also, I don't understand why a shooting coach would care if the team is in rebuilding mode or not, if anything I would argue a rebuilding team would be more fun to be a part of for a shooting coach, a lot more to work with. At the end of tje day, the most likely scenario is that Chip went to the team that offered him the most money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody expected OKC to be this good. Also, I don't understand why a shooting coach would care if the team is in rebuilding mode or not, if anything I would argue a rebuilding team would be more fun to be a part of for a shooting coach, a lot more to work with. At the end of tje day, the most likely scenario is that Chip went to the team that offered him the most money.
    If rankingtear’s theory is right, that would tie in with not wanting to ride out a rebuild. A gaggle of rookies and second years would be a lot more work. Plus, it’s just plain depressing to be on the staff of a team that is tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If rankingtear’s theory is right, that would tie in with not wanting to ride out a rebuild. A gaggle of rookies and second years would be a lot more work. Plus, it’s just plain depressing to be on the staff of a team that is tanking.
    Nobody moves cities to go from a rebuilding team to a less rebuilding one (at the time that Chip took the job). OKC must have offered a ton of money, simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody moves cities to go from a rebuilding team to a less rebuilding one (at the time that Chip took the job).
    I think you are massively under characterizing the gap.
    Is it entirely possible Chip was absolutely no longer going to tolerate this type of fertilizer and saw no end in sight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would be wise to try and bring him back. Beyond Wemby the Spurs are not too wise.

No, the Spurs would not be wise to waste their time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody moves cities to go from a rebuilding team to a less rebuilding one (at the time that Chip took the job). OKC must have offered a ton of money, simple as that.

More likely, OKC offered Chip a multi-year contract versus the Spurs offering only one year because of Pop’s impending retirement (so they expected.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Mark Daigneault said Chip Engelland will have a unique role and won’t be at every game. "

This the reason, he wants to work less and be paid more. Who wouldn't tbh.

A poster earlier this season said he saw Chip at the SA airport, before the Spurs were going to play the Thunder in OKC. The reason turned out to be scouting.

Being away from a team to scout an opponent is not less work. It could easily be more work.

Some of you guys…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was hired before Jalen Williams rookie year unless you mean a different JW

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A poster earlier this season said he saw Chip at the SA airport, before the Spurs were going to play the Thunder in OKC. The reason turned out to be scouting.

Being away from a team to scout an opponent is not less work. It could easily be more work.

Some of you guys…
    Interesting. FO dont employ advance scout. That is in line with him wanting to be a front of the bench guy someday. Could easily be less work hours and more travel. OKC is paying a shooting coach premium to only be a part time shooting coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah's price tag was probably (appropriately) very high, but im really relieved OKC didnt pull the trigger on a Lauri trade as some in the media were trying to push for. utah did extremely well in both the Mitc and Gobert trades...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And most medias still talk about Chet as OKC's 2nd option...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in San Antonio...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in San Antonio...
    With the 9th pick of the 2022 NBA draft, the San Antonio Spurs select Jeremy Sochan.

With the 12th pick, the Oklahoma City Thunder select Jalen Williams.

Sigh.

Pop's personal fart sniffers in this forum will look for a way to spin that .
    Last edited by NASpurs; 02-28-2024 at 01:31 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright when watching film on Duren and Jalen Williams:

"But can they change their hair color? Thought not, give me that backup from Baylor who can't shoot!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the 9th pick of the 2022 NBA draft, the San Antonio Spurs select Jeremy Sochan.

Sigh.

bbb kendrick perkins

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sigh.

Not gonne lie that , that was a big mistake. I really dont care about missing on Hali or Sengun cause they are flawed engines but Jalen fits this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    Post Count
    Damn why don’t the Spurs have a guy like this!?

Thread Information