Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any insight into why Ausar was benched? Seemed like he was doing really well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any insight into why Ausar was benched? Seemed like he was doing really well.
    This from that article:
    As for Thompson, he was a full-time starter before his benching Thursday. This year’s No. 5 overall pick has been one of the most impressive rookies this season, averaging 11.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, 1.1 steals and 1.6 blocks. Livers started in his place, recording six points and four rebounds.
    Neither Thompson or Ivey played major roles off the bench on Thursday, with both logging just 13 minutes of game time, though Thompson had five fouls. That marks Ivey’s second-lowest minute total this season and Thompson’s lowest in his young career. Marcus Sasser finished with the most minutes off the bench, recording 17 points.

I’d be watching the development of this team. They are guards heavy. Spurs could get a young promising PG if the Pistons want a trade for a young veteran for stability who can help them win some games, and vice versa for the Spurs needing a young PG that will fit their timeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think magic is our trade partner. They need wing help and fultz is the odd man out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey would be nice but we have 2 top 5-10 picks next year potentially so no moves are gonna be made unless we brick next draft.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think magic is our trade partner. They need wing help and fultz is the odd man out.
    Fultz is about on par with Tre Jones from the three point line and is on an expiring. Not interested in giving up an asset and paying a big contract for such a flawed player. He's a China doll too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it boils down to brining in some good vets. It’s worked for Houston so far, and the spurs would be wise to follow suit next summer.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey would be nice but we have 2 top 5-10 picks next year potentially so no moves are gonna be made unless we brick next draft.
    Don't count on that Toronto pick just yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That means the coach is gone. They won't risk shuffling pieces around for that moron.
    Williams is in the 1st year of a 6 year, $78.5 million contract. He’s not going anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would win, current Spurs or 96-97 Spurs?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams is in the 1st year of a 6 year, $78.5 million contract. He’s not going anywhere.
    Then neither, in my opinion, are young, talented players.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would win, current Spurs or 96-97 Spurs?
    Dominique would get mess around and get a triple double.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Detroit Tigers are also at another rebuild. Lions massive surprise.

Red Wings climbed up the long NHL ladder but it required elite Player & GM Yzerman to return to town and it's Year 4.

MoTown has bigger problems than sports teams but it too seems to be slowly rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly, but does it have to be two lottery picks instead of just one? If they can insert a young PG, slide Sochan back to his natural position and start winning some? Ivey seems to be a good character guy unless Monty knows something. Remember Ayton? Ivey is on the move if Monty has him on the doghouse. Come on Wright, make this right.

Jaden Ivey's Playing Time Has 'Sparked Some Tension' With Pistons Interally
    DEC 1, 2023 2:52 PM

As Jaden Ivey begins his second season with the Detroit Pistons, he has received inconsistent playing time under Monty Williams. The issue has "sparked some tension among Detroit decision-makers this season," sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.
    Ivey averaged 16.3 points and 5.2 assists per game as a rookie and finished sixth in Rookie of the Year voting.
    Williams didn't communicate with Ivey to let him know he would begin the season in a reserve role.
    “There wasn’t anything said,” Ivey told Yahoo Sports. “Once I saw what was going on, coming off the bench was no problem for me. I love every single one of these dudes in here. I’d ride for them any day. Coming off the bench isn’t a confidence thing or a downer for me. I’m still confident in my game and play the same way.”
    Several teams tried to trade up to select Ivey during the 2022 NBA draft.

JAKE FISCHER/YAHOO SPORTS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way Monty Williams handled the Ayton situation seemed really poor to me-- not talking to him at all while obviously being mad. To not address the issue at all and let it fester seems like the #1 thing a coach shouldn't do. There being unrest and disenchantment on a young team with a coach who doesn't seem like a great communicator strikes me as the most predictable scenario imaginable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way Monty Williams handled the Ayton situation seemed really poor to me-- not talking to him at all while obviously being mad. To not address the issue at all and let it fester seems like the #1 thing a coach shouldn't do. There being unrest and disenchantment on a young team with a coach who doesn't seem like a great communicator strikes me as the most predictable scenario imaginable.
    Were you at Phoenix team meetings or practices? There’s a very good chance he talked to him until he was blue in the face. His 13.1/7.5 certainly isn’t wowing anyone this year. Some guys have all the talent in the world, but zero motor,and you can’t teach that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were you at Phoenix team meetings or practices? There’s a very good chance he talked to him until he was blue in the face. His 13.1/7.5 certainly isn’t wowing anyone this year. Some guys have all the talent in the world, but zero motor,and you can’t teach that.

What I was referring to specifically was an article saying Ayton & Monty hadn't spoken in 5 months over the summer, after not getting along in a playoff series dust up, and then Phoenix signing him to a new 4 year contract. I'm not saying Ayton is completely blameless here, but it doesn't seem like Monty handled that situation particularly well. Here's that article:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ame-7-benching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they been rebuilding for thelast couple of seasons now...

nba needs to do something about teams tanking 3 seasons in a row, even if u give them the top3 consecutive picks and they still not improving or attracting FA... then the team and that city explains for itself... hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 straight losses after a 146-114 embrassing loss to the Bucks last night. Detroit fans are getting fed up and asking to fire Troy Weaver. I’m real curious if the Spurs can get their starting PG (Ivey) from the Pistons, sending a young vet player like Keldon or Collins to help Monty give Pistons some fire, given the relationship with Monty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit's talent is bad but not this bad. They look so much worse than the actual scores of these blowouts. That monty williams contract may be one of the worst hires in history relative to the amount he signed for. He sucks at in game adjustments and his strength is supposedly building a team culture. Except he's notorious for playing favorites and alienating players. At least with Pop, even though he's bad now, you can argue that it's a thank you contract for past performance. Monty was never a good coach, and now the pistons are stuck with him for 5 years because ownership's not going to want to pull the plug and eat 80 million. Detroit's ed.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 straight losses after a 146-114 embrassing loss to the Bucks last night. Detroit fans are getting fed up and asking to fire Troy Weaver. I’m real curious if the Spurs can get their starting PG (Ivey) from the Pistons, sending a young vet player like Keldon or Collins to help Monty give Pistons some fire, given the relationship with Monty.
    It’s hard to evaluate Ivey because of the mess there but I’m not in love with giving up Keldons production for a guy who is struggling to break the rotation regularly.

I think I’d rather roll the dice moving a pick for Ivey and working a more productive package around Keldon during the offseason or at the very least closer to the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was weaver in the drivers seat when Detroit passed on Mobley to pick Cade? Because he should be fired for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to evaluate Ivey because of the mess there but I’m not in love with giving up Keldons production for a guy who is struggling to break the rotation regularly.

I think I’d rather roll the dice moving a pick for Ivey and working a more productive package around Keldon during the offseason or at the very least closer to the trade deadline.
    Keldon’s production is an illusion, and mostly a progress stopper (today’s game versus NOP is a great example). Spurs should be looking to move him for whatever player they can get with a higher ceiling and a reasonable chance of realizing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deeeetroooit basketball going for number 28 tonight at Boston which ties Phillie's 15-16 two season mark. 16.5 point dogs.

Jalen Brown is officially out and Tatum might rest. Pistons have proven they're capable of withstanding other teams' skeleton lineup with that last Jazz loss.
    Good news for Detroit is Isaiah Stewart is out so no chance of his rugged play ruining their outcome.

6:30pm Central Time - nationally televised on NBA TV. Get your popcorn ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28-17 Pistons with Tatum playing.

Monumental Upset brewing…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28-17 Pistons with Tatum playing.

Monumental Upset brewing…
    I’m rooting for them to keep losing and maybe the Spurs could scoop any of their young point guards

Thread Information