Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of the few who had stood up to Stern and Stern Jr. repeatedly.

Especially when Laker Stern tried pushing the Clitter Paul to the Flamers stench.
    Yep, Cuban was our kryptonite upon arrival. It ain't been the same since. The .

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about a purchase between the Adelsons and Mark Cuban and you think it's CUBAN who bought the votes?
    Cuban wants to be involved in the gambling. Why else would he give up the Mavericks?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban wants to be involved in the gambling. Why else would he give up the Mavericks?
    I wasn't disagreeing with you on that, I'm just saying it's weird to specifically implicate Cuban in "buying votes" when we're talking about the Adelsons who have given $100 millions to GOP reps, Trump, Abbott, etc. and are basically the gold standard for buying votes.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't disagreeing with you on that, I'm just saying it's weird to specifically implicate Cuban in "buying votes" when we're talking about the Adelsons who have given $100 millions to GOP reps, Trump, Abbott, etc. and are basically the gold standard for buying votes.
    Put your in' soap box away, Karen. I have no idea who the Adelsons are. I'm from Dallas and the story is about Mark Cuban selling the majority stake in the Mavs. The Texas state legislature couldn't be more up for sale, and if your evil Trump supporters are funding it, Mark Cuban is clearly in bed with them. You try to draw a distinction as though it matters. Go cry in the ing political forum about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put your in' soap box away, Karen. I have no idea who the Adelsons are. I'm from Dallas and the story is about Mark Cuban selling the majority stake in the Mavs. The Texas state legislature couldn't be more up for sale, and if your evil Trump supporters are funding it, Mark Cuban is clearly in bed with them. You try to draw a distinction as though it matters. Go cry in the ing political forum about it.
    That escalated quickly.

The specific political ideology isn't the point, but I'm sorry if you feel attacked. You've admitted to not knowing who the Adelsons are. The next step is just to admit, if only to yourself, that you were talking out of your ass.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 12-01-2023 at 10:45 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I knew the snowflakes would be all triggered by the Adelson's buying the team

Be glad that's all they're buying. I wish Soros would buy a Sports franchise instead of all the major city DA's in this country.

Cuban stopped caring after 2011 so this is long overdue, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Cuban thinks the next broadcast deal will be underwhelming and he's cashing out early? Especially if the NBA wants to stick with TV networks with the way cable TV is dying.
    This is my theory. You have to wonder what's going to happen to player salaries in the future. Could be quite the sh!t show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the snowflakes would be all triggered by the Adelson's buying the team

Be glad that's all they're buying. I wish Soros would buy a Sports franchise instead of all the major city DA's in this country.

Cuban stopped caring after 2011 so this is long overdue, tbh.
    Literally not a single person here has expressed anything resembling being "triggered" by the Adelsons buying the team. You guys have a serious confirmation bias problem.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Literally not a single person here has expressed anything resembling being "triggered" by the Adelsons buying the team. You guys have a serious confirmation bias problem.
    A few hinted. I went to RealGM Mavs when I read the news. A portion of deleted posts.

I'm seeing arguments for both sides - Cuban has lost faith vs Cuban already checked out and this is better down the road.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Cuban thinks the next broadcast deal will be underwhelming and he's cashing out early? Especially if the NBA wants to stick with TV networks with the way cable TV is dying.
    Pivoting around this same idea: he may want cash for another investment and figure this is the best thing he has to sell.

He's one of a handful of power players not projecting negative sentiment around the stonk theories (essentially that DTCC and others are involved in ongoing, widespread securities fraud that will be revealed once companies separate from their infrastructure). Maybe he wants to join Cohen, Pulte, Icahn, etc. in that play.

Thread Information