Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Wembanyama has blocked 21.8% of Field Goals which he defended. This is almost 5 standard deviations above the mean.

The rest of the top 10:

This data was arbitrarily limited to players with more than 300 minutes played(198 Players)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a monster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get this man sum help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby has been very good rim-protector, dropping opponent's FG% by 9.5 points when defending within six feet of the basket. How superlative he's been is not as easy to see because NBA.com has removed features that allowed folks to filter out small sample sizes. There are folks like Walker Kessler who are so far outperforming Victor, however. This data doesn't capture the number of times folks just don't shoot near Wemby, which is by far the most common action an opponent takes when Wemby is nearby. It doesn't surprise me that he blocks so many of the shots attempted on him, since those are often folks trying to take his measure like how Westbrook seemed desperate to score on him. It doesn't surprise me that other guys have a higher impact on FG% either given that often players are only shooting on Wemby if they've done something to get open, whereas they might pull the trigger on Kessler after less consideration.

Watching the dialectic evolution of Wemby's game and the ways opponents try to deal with him is going to be fascinating for years to come. Eventually, more folks will find ways to attack Wemby consistently with success. He will then have to adjust to whatever those players are doing, and then they'll have to adjust again. I don't know if he'll have the same single-handed impact on the league the way Shaq did since there are a number of really tall guys with mobility and skill coming out in future drafts. But he's certainly looking to be the spearhead of whatever movement defines the next version of the NBA, on both ends of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season is bringing so far a lot of frustration, selecting Victor in the draft is certainly not of them

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait until he learns how not to bite on pump fakes.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait till Poop play him at center full time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait until we get him a front court partner that’s also good at defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to get over himself. All this blocking shots make opponents feel bad and that’s just not who we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be staying on the floor more, and biting on fewer fakes. Terrifying for the rest of the league.

Thread Information