My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely see a much more mentally engaged opponent playing much smarter and team basketball.
    I don't mean just the guy guarding Wemby, i mean the whole team(s).
    It's like they want to rise up and show this young French dude that they can play too.

I'm certainly not saying it's a bad thing, in fact it's admirable and the way it should be every NBA game -but isn't.
    Also not blaming that on the losses, Pop has that on lockdown. Just saying oppenents are rising in effort vs Wemby Spurs.

Hey if we want to be the best we'll have to beat the best, so continue to bring it on opponents and lets continue to pray better players come SA's way.
    Soon! For damn sure starting next year if this year is going to be a tank / senile year.

also last year no opponent cared for the Spurs ... this year they are looking forward to play against Wemby.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has mentioned this on interviews, that Wemby has a big X on his back and that could be more difficult games than last year, no excuse there, just saying.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what happened when you’re hyped as the best prospect maybe ever. Former and current players are all watching the guys highlights in summer league and reg season game and taking about it so not a surprise

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iron sharpens iron. This will be great for him in the long run. Kinda sucks now. He's a great kid to root for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously they're tired of hearing about him and want to shove the spurs in

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously they're tired of hearing about him and want to shove the spurs in
    I haven't gotten the impression that anyone resents or dislikes him. If anything, they are as fascinated by him as we are. That said, you don't want to be shown up or embarrassed by him, so you game plan and play hard against him. I'm sure everyone, including Victor, is tired of the news media already.

Thread Information