Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the point of this new in season tournament As a fan i don't care does not help with the regular season and does not fix the issues the the NBA is dealing with and the rating declines

Has not improved the quality of the product on the court and no one cares not even the fans no one is really talking about the in year tournament

The regular season still means nothing you are sub .500 and make the playoffs I mean technically 10 of your 16 teams in a division make the playoffs yawn that just dilutes the regular season even more

The play in games with mediocre at best teams trying to advance yea that makes an average fan want to turn on the TV still don't get that stupid idea either

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amen.

GIGO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As opposed to the usual Tue or Wed night snoozefest games where many players give 60% effort?

It's a slight improvement.

No one understands the format, but the games are more lively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the overlooked factors that have led to ratings decline is the way it’s consumed

Short form content on social media, but also 10 minute game highlights available on YT that are time saving

And when people want to watch a live game, they just use an illegal stream

Cable and ing NBA TV are too expensive for what they offer

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    One of the overlooked factors that have led to ratings decline is the way it’s consumed

Short form content on social media, but also 10 minute game highlights available on YT that are time saving

And when people want to watch a live game, they just use an illegal stream

Cable and ing NBA TV are too expensive for what they offer
    This, tbh.

It's too expensive because the product is not what it once was.

These guys aren't even really trying until the all star break.

And Popovich created a piss poor culture with all the resting of star players. Now the NBA can't get away from it or it's effects no matter how hard they try. The NBA takes measures to prevent it and the players just give even less effort if you make them play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, tbh.

And Popovich created a piss poor culture with all the resting of star players. Now the NBA can't get away from it or it's effects no matter how hard they try. The NBA takes measures to prevent it and the players just give even less effort if you make them play.
    to be fair the team was old as dirt and we had a ty schedule

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's a good change. NBA continues to be the best Big4 North American sport for innovative ideas.

But the price should be higher. 2-Finalist are guaranteed a playoff spot. As if 2/16 is that big anyway. As the issue with NBA, MLB and NHL - too many regular season games. Especially as these guys are increasingly participating in International compe ion sometimes difficult qualifying (smaller nations).

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This, tbh.

To old heads nothing is as it once was. The NBA of the 80's was a snooze fest outside a small handful of teams. Feed the post, back someone down, bank or hook shot. MJ changed that up some but even then it was a lot of short range jumpers and still a lot of post play with guards standing around. The mid to late 90's were great, imo. Once the league started shooting 40 3's a night it became a kids game almost. At least now there's some scoring. 85-68 days are in the past. That's halftime now. I prefer the hard nose defense bad boy Pistons/Larry Brown Pistons over most teams today, but I don't really consume the shows. I am guilty of watching everything on my laptop.

Resting players is a product of player salary. A 40m a year guy who makes or breaks a multi-billion dollar franchise should be rested often, if the team is serious about winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watering down a le is never a good thing

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan congrats Alejandro on your regular-season championship

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LkrFan congrats Alejandro on your regular-season championship

Tryna jinx us, huh?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Pels gotta block Zion's Popeye's Chicken APP for his own good. Dude living large

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Any way to get LA some participation award, Silver is looking for large market payoff, tired of seeing the Denver and Milwaukee level markets deep in the post season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tryna jinx us, huh?

How will you rate this mid season championship compared to disney cup? Will you hang the banner?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How will you rate this mid season championship compared to disney cup? Will you hang the banner?
    Spurs watching the Lakers per par. Hardee Har Har

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread LkrFan Killakobe81 DeadlyDynasty congrats on your new banner

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    So is AD mailing it in on most other nights?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mehhh
    I joked as these tourney games started that the clippers should try hard to win it might be only one they ever get. …
    But nope, it’s a le so the clippers winning is a oxymoron
    I wasn’t very vested early I was budy with work and it looked very cringe
    But these games in Vegas had urgency at least the a pacers suns Celtics Bucks and lakers took it that way - the games involving and two of those teams were good.

But yeah it’s not a le …not close but it was fun.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 12-10-2023 at 10:04 AM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It’s dumb and they need to get rid of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is not how I wanted to hang banner #18 tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mehhh
    I joked as these tourney games started that the clippers should try hard to win it might be only one they ever get. …
    But nope, it’s a le so the clippers winning is a oxymoron
    I wasn’t very vested early I was budy with work and it looked very cringe
    But these games in Vegas had urgency at least the a pacers suns Celtics Bucks and lakers took it that way - the games involving and two of those teams were good.

But yeah it’s not a le …not close but it was fun.
    The only thing I'm happy about is our big wings are making a difference, when healthy.

I saw Cam giving Halliburton the business. Then Halliburton had to deal with Vando when Cam went out. Came at him with size, length and quickness. He was not efficient at all. Me likey

Makes me smile because strong perimeter defense is gonna be needed in today's NBA. He got loose a few times but not like how he usually goes off. If out big wings can stay healthy I really like this year's team.

Issue: D'Lo tripping and it might cost us Rui to trade him for an upgrade. Zach LaVine? Who knows....

Thread Information