Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen enough gentlemen. This team needs high-end talent badly. I say we start tanking.
    Team doesn’t even need to start. They already did their damage.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is specially bad on defense this game. And that is saying a lot considering how awful he's been all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan/Wemby both sound absolutely done with Pop in their post game pressers. I'm here for it tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's cost the Spurs so many games, so many playoff series, so many le chances. At some point you'd rather have a high school basketball coach who just calls timeouts and decides who shoots technicals.
    One of these days one of those parasite talking head YouTube clickbait channels is going to stumble into ST and realize he hit a goldmine of research material for a long series of "How Pop is really one of the worst coaches in the modern NBA" and rack up millions of views, make tens of thousands of dollars, and have the easiest videos in his rotten life.

There's so much to cover from this long history, easy easy money

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody know why bassey didnt play...Was a reason given

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be disappointing if Spurs don't make a trade this deadline. Yeah yeah, we say it all the time. But you have to start looking at forming a team. They should know what Wemby is and what is required. But more importantly make trades for better fits.
    That Collins deal is killing them. Without it they'd have the money to sign OG Anunoby so they could actually guard someone on the perimeter and then package their Atlanta picks, Keldon, Graham (for salary matching purposes), and a swap for some real veteran help. Keep their own pick to draft a point guard and trade the Toronto pick to add some depth. Ugh Zhaquille Collins being one of those expensive mistakes they said they were trying to dodge this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan/Wemby both sound absolutely done with Pop in their post game pressers. I'm here for it tbh
    I’m standing outside the arena with my “Deron Williams” sign.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When does a Wemby go to Holt and Dell and tell them Pop or me?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins attempting more shots than Wemby is quite a feat from Pop. They legit look like they were running the offense through Collins. ESPN is not broadcasting games so people can watch him do that or Tre Jones trying to shoot 3s or whatever bizarre they were doing on offense.

Do these guys actually know the only reason they”re on tv is because of the kid.

Pop playing a dangerous ing game with this one. Wemby isn’t just one of the guys. This kumbaya we all share the ball has its limits especially when you are sharing the ball with g-leaguers and 12 men types. Not everyone on this team should have a green light.

Devin should be 1A and Wemby 1B on offense. Everyone else play defense or at least try to and stay out of their way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its worrisome that raptors are losing this much so early....Thnk they will attempt to tank soon rather then later

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That stretch in the fourth when wemby went to the bench was just brutal. This coach does not appear to have any desperation to win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When does a Wemby go to Holt and Dell and tell them Pop or me?
    Hopefully ASAP. I'm so ready for the grandpa era to be over and done with finally. Pops is trash and Wemby has no history with him or attachment to him. Cant believe he signed a 5 year 80 million dollar contract that is ing disgusting. The sooner he is gone the better and everyone can bloody move on. Piece of is earning more than the big 3 earned some contracts. Ridiculous. It will be hard to put up with 5 more years of this senile old coaching this team. I actually wouldn't blame Wemby if he signed a contract elsewhere when he's due if grandpa is still coaching.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins attempting more shots than Wemby is quite a feat from Pop. They legit look like they were running the offense through Collins. ESPN is not broadcasting games so people can watch him do that or Tre Jones trying to shoot 3s or whatever bizarre they were doing on offense.

Do these guys actually know the only reason they”re on tv is because of the kid.

Pop playing a dangerous ing game with this one. Wemby isn’t just one of the guys. This kumbaya we all share the ball has its limits especially when you are sharing the ball with g-leaguers and 12 men types. Not everyone on this team should have a green light.

Devin should be 1A and Wemby 1B on offense. Everyone else play defense or at least try to and stay out of their way.
    i agree....Pop doing this is benefiting nobody....Fine we gonna tank,But at least run plays for wemby and coach and
    develop him....Wtf are we doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Collins deal is killing them. Without it they'd have the money to sign OG Anunoby so they could actually guard someone on the perimeter and then package their Atlanta picks, Keldon, Graham (for salary matching purposes), and a swap for some real veteran help. Keep their own pick to draft a point guard and trade the Toronto pick to add some depth. Ugh Zhaquille Collins being one of those expensive mistakes they said they were trying to dodge this summer.
    The Spurs don't need to trade picks though. It's about forming iden y. Forming defensive strategies. Then upgrading or waiting for another star to be available before pouncing. Spurs need to ask, 'will this player be in our 8 man rotation in the playoffs.' If not, could they? If not, then trade for one that could within the concept.

It obviously starts with a pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tbh, Wemby has a 30% usage rate this season. Which is absurd. That's not the problem. It's the structure of the offense with him in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves shooting was chilly, especially at the beginning, Edwards was limping around, and their team looked unmotivated, or uninspired. It’s like they were saying, please beat us, and the Spurs couldn’t. Pathetic is a mild word for it.

I also saw that Pop’s idea of coaching Victor is to have him set screens five feet beyond the 3pt arc. Now, there’s some really sophisticated analytics for you, where the development of a player 7+ feet tall requires that he practice setting a screen 30 ft from the basket.

A lunatic is running the asylum, in case nobody has noticed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you seeing the Sochan interview?

Just saw Wemby's interview. Seems frustrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly what everybody wanted.
    The Spurs were worse for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, Wemby has a 30% usage rate this season. Which is absurd. That's not the problem. It's the structure of the offense with him in it.
    I know what his usage is. And no, the structure of the offense is not the problem. The talent level is. They can’t shoot, no playmakers, low iq. They’re bad. Period.

Only legitimate threats are Devin and Victor. And one is sort of dependent on teammates hitting him when he makes himself available….which they still can’t do resulting in him having to do it himself taking difficult circus shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of starting lineup was this? Sochan and Jones coming from the bench? What is going on here ...

Also, having a full overlap of Wembys and Vassells minutes seems dumb to me. But I guess Pop still does not want Vassell to play the first 8-9 minutes of the first quarter because of his injury history ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess none of us should be surprised. This is the same coach who wouldn't play DJ or Derrick together. The same coach who started Bryn Forbes for an entire season. The same coach who started Dante Cunningham jesus the old man needs to go
    2 seasons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Collins came to the game with a 76-75 advantage for the spurs, five minutes we were down by ten. His shot selection was awful like a lot of times.

He is not a good rebounder, he can't protect the paint... he's valiant but we need to stop playing him 30 minutes per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ calling out Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he try to reign in Manu early in his career? Manu was too wild or something.

26 year old Splitter got ed over pretty hard too early on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for another Zach Collins masterclass.
    As predicted.
    He's so bad that the team would get better if he gets injured.
    The audacity to take 20 shots.
    Can't rebound, horrible defense, can't shoot.
    And yet Pop acts like he's the first option and every action goes through him.
    Disgusting.

Thread Information