Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think a Conley or a Harden could unleash Wemby for a year or two. I get Harden is a mental midget but he’d kill with Wemby in the pick and roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We couldn’t even get that dumbfvck Cameron Payne to stay here so my hopes aren’t high.

Hopefully someone sees Wembys potential and jumps on for the ride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams might be a good option but he could be complicated since he will be a RFA.

Spurs have also to decide what kind of room they want to give to their 1 or 2 high pick of the 2024 draft.
    For example, if they draft a PG with their pick, they have basically 2 options:
    - Option A: Give directly the starting spot to the player drafted with a top 6 pick. Jones and Wesley would fight to be his backup.
    - Option B: Acquire a decent vet PG and wait for the rookie to be good enough to take him the starting spot.
    At the end, it will obviously depend on how high they are on their draft pick(s).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering at the moment and for some years he's playing a back up role, I would ask Houston for the actual Amen Thompson price...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams might be a good option but he could be complicated since he will be a RFA.

Spurs have also to decide what kind of room they want to give to their 1 or 2 high pick of the 2024 draft.
    - Option A: Give directly the starting spot to the player drafted with a top 6 pick. Jones and Wesley would fight to be his backup.
    - Option B: Acquire a decent vet PG and wait for the rookie to be good enough to take him the starting spot.
    At the end, it will obviously depend on how high they are on their draft pick(s).
    I think it will be Option B (or just give it to Jones). Don’t see a clear PG in this draft that could walk in and start, and I do think the Spurs will be under pressure to speed up their rebuild after this year (and with VW coming off a deep Olympic push with fellow nba players).

Increasingly of the view that the Spurs take the best big wing with their natural pick, and defer the PG pick for the Toronto selection. Wemby-Risacher-Sochan would be a very interesting front court.

This decision by Topic to level up in clubs (and now his injury), could have big impacts for him and the draft order (think he could be there at 7-9 now). It’s a sneaky interesting plot line for this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Option C: Give PG starting spot to a forward and say "we have multiple ball handlers" only to go on another 15-game losing streak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=CGD;11009865]I think it will be Option B (or just give it to Jones). Don’t see a clear PG in this draft that could walk in and start, and I do think the Spurs will be under pressure to speed up their rebuild after this year (and with VW coming off a deep Olympic push with fellow nba players).

Increasingly of the view that the Spurs take the best big wing with their natural pick, and defer the PG pick for the Toronto selection. Wemby-Risacher-Sochan would be a very interesting front court.

This decision by Topic to level up in clubs (and now his injury), could have big impacts for him and the draft order (think he could be there at 7-9 now). It’s a sneaky interesting plot line for this draft.[
    /QUOTE]

That would be nice for the TOR pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on what happens in the draft and whether they're able to salary dump Collins without taking a rotational C back (good luck with that), I could see them pursuing: Jones, Allen, Martin, Hartenstein, Bitadze.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on what happens in the draft and whether they're able to salary dump Collins without taking a rotational C back (good luck with that), I could see them pursuing: Jones, Allen, Martin, Hartenstein, Bitadze.
    No chance they give Bitadze a look after he fought with an assistant coach in Indiana and then a player at eurobasket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance they give Bitadze a look after he fought with an assistant coach in Indiana and then a player at eurobasket.
    Yeah, true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a back up rim protector would work wonders. I'm pretty sure they won't sign one and keep Collins around for another season. I'd like Royce O'Neal as a starter for Champagnie, but now that he's with Phoenix I'm pretty sure they will resign him. Hayward was another option, but is with OKC now. Maybe Harris, but again Pop said it doesn't make sense to sign vets cause they would take playing time from the young guys, so I don't see him being brought in neither.

I'd say Nic Batum is pretty realistic. Maybe Tyus Jones, although that would be stupid. A Kyle Anderson reunion seems to be on the table as well. And maybe Bol Bol as a practice partner for Wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they'll look to make a "big splash" or target players in their 30's.

Batum is supposedly likely to retire and either way, I doubt he'd play for anything but a championship contender.

Anderson, his already not good enough shooting has cratered again.

Expect youngish veteran role players who can create internal compe ion so that the likes of Sochan, Champagnie, Branham and Wesley aren't handed the oversized roles they've been gifted.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would only keep Wemby. Get the best you can for everyone else. I'm serious. Replace everyone. What is the worst that can happen? Hard to lose more game than we have. I mean, who is better than an old LeBron? Nobody on the SPurs not named Wemby. Get LeBron. He's got a couple of years left to teach. Nobody better on the Spurs.

If you have to keep someone else, Keep Vassell and Tre. Both as backups or specialty roles. Whoever gave Devin gazillions of dollars need to be jailed for fraud. And Sochan is so over-hyped it's unreal. Is the Invisible Man still starting? Hard to tell...never see him.

Here's a Lineup I'd pay to see...if only for one season.

WEMBY
    LEBRON
    KLAY
    KAWHI
    HARDEN

And I hate Harden and Lebron...lol
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 02-11-2024 at 05:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams would be damn exciting IMO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FA - Miles Bridges / Patrick Williams / Saddiq Bey / Obi Toppin

Draft Spurs: Cody Williams / Zaccharie Risacher
    Draft Toronto: Nikola Topic / Robert Dillingham / JaKobe Walter

Draft 2rnd: Center / Two way

Jones, Pick Toronto, Wesley
    Vassell, Branham, Osman
    Pick Spurs, Johnson, Champagnie
    Sochan, FA, Barlow
    Wembanyama, Collins, Bassey
    Last edited by k830713; 02-12-2024 at 05:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way the Spurs even consider Bridges. Pat Williams is restricted and the way Chicago have operated lately they’d be matching anything that isn’t obscene and they can’t afford to lose him specifically to the Spurs considering the owed draft pick.

Bey is very gettable, Atlanta would have a hard time managing their cap situation and will likely have more important things to worry about - DJ, Trae, etc. He’s not having a great year though.

Toppin might also be gettable, depending on Indiana’s plans. He’s in a good position to cash in though. Spurs would have to pay a lot to get him.

There are other interesting and unrestricted players such as Tobias Harris, Malik Monk - probably pipe dreams, but some more gettable too - Gary Trent, Tyus Jones, Dario Saric , as well as some vets like Conley and Batum.

It should be noted though that the Spurs won’t have a ton of cap space, especially with two high picks’ cap holds, and they might want to retain Osman too. It’s not like they can go and sign 3/4 FAs. Roster spots might be an issue if they don’t waive one or more of Bassey, Champ, Barlow, Cissoko.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way the Spurs even consider Bridges. Pat Williams is restricted and the way Chicago have operated lately they’d be matching anything that isn’t obscene and they can’t afford to lose him specifically to the Spurs considering the owed draft pick.

Bey is very gettable, Atlanta would have a hard time managing their cap situation and will likely have more important things to worry about - DJ, Trae, etc. He’s not having a great year though.

Toppin might also be gettable, depending on Indiana’s plans. He’s in a good position to cash in though. Spurs would have to pay a lot to get him.

There are other interesting and unrestricted players such as Tobias Harris, Malik Monk - probably pipe dreams, but some more gettable too - Gary Trent, Tyus Jones, Dario Saric , as well as some vets like Conley and Batum.

It should be noted though that the Spurs won’t have a ton of cap space, especially with two high picks’ cap holds, and they might want to retain Osman too. It’s not like they can go and sign 3/4 FAs. Roster spots might be an issue if they don’t waive one or more of Bassey, Champ, Barlow, Cissoko.
    Barlow is not currently occupying a 15 man roster spot. The expectation is that will change once Morris is bought out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is immpossible to get - OKC is not trading him, Pop is not gonna try to trade for "scandalous" dude.

I wouldnt mind DeRozan back, but he is not the solution, or missing link. Just solid vet, who can still play
    Giddey is not closing games. Not impossible, plus the pedo thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is not closing games. Not impossible, plus the pedo thing.
    Actually I think OKC would gladly trade Giddey if they get a good offer for him. He’s stagnated, teams don’t guard him at all, he’s essentially the same level of a shooter that Sochan is, but Sochan seems to be trending up (like Giddey himself was last season, mind). He’s not very impactful and he’s not a great fit for their 5-out style, which is why his minutes are going down. Besides, they don’t have much until they’ll have to pay some guys and one or two would be left without a chair. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s not extended in the summer and is traded within a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FA - Miles Bridges / Patrick Williams / Saddiq Bey / Obi Toppin

Draft Spurs: Cody Williams / Zaccharie Risacher
    Draft Toronto: Nikola Topic / Robert Dillingham / JaKobe Walter

Draft 2rnd: Center / Two way

Jones, Pick Toronto, Wesley
    Vassell, Branham, Osman
    Pick Spurs, Johnson, Champagnie
    Sochan, FA, Barlow
    Wembanyama, Collins, Bassey
    So, we're tanking again next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys like Wesley, Branham, Osman, Champagnie, Barlow, Bassey should be (and will be 3rd string to end of bench guys spread out over the NBA, not all in one roster (that happens to be ours) as starters or rotation guys... I have no idea where spurs believe they're going with that roster...

We should always read other fan bases comments for more objectivity an they all say the same... "Damn, that team sucks" or "who is that guy?" still, somehow Pop think it's usefull to spend years (Wemby's years) and he can develop this roster made of wannabees and reclamation projects into a contender...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on the draft. But Fultz would be one of my first calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    free agency. Hopefully two more lottery picks incoming to build around (no culture guys pls) try and dump Vassell and Keldon and keep the tank moving choooo chooo!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's bleacher report, but here's a top 25 free agent list food for thought:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...le-this-summer

Malik Monk would solve some problems for this team. He just turned 26 and has gotten better each year. With his improved playmaking, I don't see why he couldn't run point and move Jones to the bench to command the second unit. Or if they draft a point, he could play the 2. According to this article, Sacramento can't offer him a starting salary above $17.4 million.

Thread Information