Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d offer Malik Monk $17.5 M instantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much of a pipe dream would it be to try and sign Miles Bridges in free agency? Has even a 1% chance of happening?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much of a pipe dream would it be to try and sign Miles Bridges in free agency? Has even a 1% chance of happening?

No. Why would you even imagine that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Why would you even imagine that?
    No, what? What am I imagining? Be more specific, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends who Spurs get in the draft. If they got Sarr or Risacher and Topic/PG, I’d start Sarr or Risacher. Topic can come off the bench, then I’d need a starting PG not Miles Bridges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure how sarr/wemby really fit together offensively. maybe spot minutes here and there for now, but otherwise sarr as the direct backup isn't really a bad thing at all

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m also not sure I understand Sarr. His fit on this team or his value as a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pleaded guilty to felony domestic abuse. Spur generally don’t pursue those types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure how sarr/wemby really fit together offensively. maybe spot minutes here and there for now, but otherwise sarr as the direct backup isn't really a bad thing at all
    Drafting a backup in the top 3, or even 1st overall? Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting a backup in the top 3, or even 1st overall? Nope.
    he may be a backup on day 1 but they could learn to coexist on the floor. and if that happens, its basically good night to opposing offenses

BPA vs fit is always a question. im not saying its the case, but if the decision makers come to the conclusion that Sarr is clearly the best prospect, i wouldnt let fit overrule that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironically, if he wasn’t such a , Marcus Morris would be a good addition to the bench next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pleaded guilty to felony domestic abuse. Spur generally don’t pursue those types.
    Tbh, I know he's is some trouble but I don't know the extent of it. I was focusing mainly on the on court production. If the off court stuff could be fixed, he would be a huge upgrade at the forward position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he may be a backup on day 1 but they could learn to coexist on the floor. and if that happens, its basically good night to opposing offenses

BPA vs fit is always a question. im not saying its the case, but if the decision makers come to the conclusion that Sarr is clearly the best prospect, i wouldnt let fit overrule that
    I think it comes down to if the FO sees them starting alongside one another like Kat and Rudy? If they do then he's a top 3 guy on the Spurs board, if not then he's not even on the Spurs board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it comes down to if the FO sees them starting alongside one another like Kat and Rudy? If they do then he's a top 3 guy on the Spurs board, if not then he's not even on the Spurs board.
    yeah its so hard to say because wemby is constantly evolving. lately in the pick and roll game i feel like he's been the ball handler at least as often as he's been the screen setter. can do some really funky stuff with his skill set.

i dont really believe in Sarr's jumper, though he's also still 18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I know he's is some trouble but I don't know the extent of it. I was focusing mainly on the on court production. If the off court stuff could be fixed, he would be a huge upgrade at the forward position.
    On court, he’d be perfect. I’m not sure his issues are fixable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monk doesn't fit the narrow minded definition of what a Spurs "should" be and they obviously wouldn't touch Bridges with a ten foot pole.

That (somewhat) works because Towns is a GOAT caliber stretch big who seems eager or at least fine playing that role.

Not only is Wembanyama unlikely to become that caliber of shooter, but he clearly aspires and has the potential to be more. Either way, it'd be a waste of his talent to have him relegated to floor spacer for Sarr (his shot is mostly theoretical).

If he's going to be paired with another big, that player need to be the spacer and hopefully stout enough to cross match. It's why Reid would be ideal.

Last edited by TD 21; 02-28-2024 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monk doesn't fit the narrow minded definition of what a Spurs "should" be and they obviously wouldn't touch Bridges with a ten foot pole.
    monk is probably my favorite FA target this year, which says something about the FA class

i also wouldnt hate Tobias Harris

if we were just talking about on-court play, Miles Bridges would be at or near the top. i just dont see it happening. my gut feeling is he goes to a contender on a 1 year deal to try to rehab his image/value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably not far fetched that Pop is thinking about bringing back DeRozan to form a contender. In his mind this would work

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved Patrick Williams in the draft but was wrong big time as he's been a big disappointment

But

Was listening to a bulls related podcast that was likewise down on Williams that made the interesting comparison to Colby White, undesired and disappointing lottery pick rfa who just needed time to blow up.

And he does have flaws: not a rebounder, can't cover smalls, not aggressive looking for to score

But

He's a legit 3 shooter who has a slow release. But on the Spurs, that would be fine, because a Sochan, Tre, Champagnie, nobody covers them and they have forever to shoot. Career 41% from 3. Low volume because he's slow spot up only, but that could be all they need

He can guard bigger wings and 4s, and he'll have college teammate Vassell here to ease his transition.

It would be a big gamble, and to get him might be 15+ annual, even 4/20 to scare off a match, and he could still disappoint. And he's coming off a season ending injury

But the market is thin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan also has low volume and a slow release. there are worse 4s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were rumored interested in Williams and Bey leading up to the '20 draft, but they're probably too conservative to get involved with RFA's, who'd require going the sign and trade route unless they drastically overpay (neither is good enough to do so).

The Bulls are inexplicably trying to win now, so even if the Spurs offered them their '25 pick back, they probably wouldn't do it.

Whatever route they take (I expect modest upgrades), I just want to see assertiveness this off season. They've got every ingredient necessary for it, so there's no excuse. If they want something that's attainable, go and get it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He beat the out of his wife, ed her up pretty good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan also has low volume and a slow release. there are worse 4s
    Unlike Sochan, Williams makes his shots

Per 36 3pt attempts in 22/23 and 23/24

Sochan

22/23. 3.3 attempts . 24.6%
    23/24. 3.4 attempts. 32.9%

Williams

22/23. 4.3 attempts. 41.5%
    23/24. 4.5 attempts 39.9%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike Sochan, Williams makes his shots

Per 36 3pt attempts in 22/23 and 23/24

Sochan

22/23. 3.3 attempts . 24.6%
    23/24. 3.4 attempts. 32.9%

Williams

22/23. 4.3 attempts. 41.5%
    23/24. 4.5 attempts 39.9%
    Yeah i wasn’t disagreeing. Pointing out that we’ve already been playing a 4 with low volume and slow release. Replacing him with a more efficient version of that who can make a defensive impact would be an improvement. Depends on the cost tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ok, you’re unfamiliar with that. It’s as follows.

On June 29, 2022 Miles Bridges was arrested on a felony domestic violence charge. He was accused of attacking a woman with whom he has three children, causing a broken nose, a concussion, neck injuries from strangulation, multiple bruises, etc. Two of the children were present.

On July 19 he was charged with three felony counts, two of which were child abuse counts because of the children being present. He pled not guilty at arraignment.

On Nov 3 he pled no contest to the domestic violence charge. He was sentenced to 3 yrs probation. The child abuse charges were dropped. This probably resulted from an agreement to keep him out of prison so he’d have a chance to keep earning as a basketball player (with the woman and children to receive a substantial share.)

Then, in Oct of 2023 he allegedly attacked the woman’s car, breaking the windshield while the woman and their children were inside it. This was, of course, a violation of probation and the associated protection order, in addition to being a crime itself. Further, Bridges’ current girlfriend was allegedly present and kicked the car. Bridges turned himself in and was released on bond.

The page I’m looking at stops there.

Domestic violence incidents can be impossible for an outsider to sort out, as to what exactly happened. But one thing is clear. Stay away from that, it needs to be somebody else’s problem.

Thread Information